E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Need Help!!! Jack@$$ Cop!!!

01-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
turb0mik3
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Racecar

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.90]
Need Help!!! Jack@$$ Cop!!!

So, long story short...

Pulled out of westwood In'n'out and made a right onto LeConte and then an immediate left onto Broxton. As I was making a right (in my BMW) I saw a Police officer who had stopped another car across the street. At that point in time the lady had just handed him some papers (assuming registration). As I make a right the cop (younger) zipped his head around and gave me a mad-dog look. I didn't think much of it and just head down broxton...

I happen to peek in my review mirror and see him running to his car and making an illegal U-turn. I'm like, o great what the fuck. He follows me down broxton to a stop sign, where I stop and ask my buddy "why the hell is he following me? I already have a fix it ticket for my exhaust, this is ridiculous." I make an immediate right onto Kinross Ave, then wait at a light and turn left on Gayley, where after about 100 yards he puts on his sirens...

At this point I'm like "ok whatever, I will just get my fix it ticket out of my glove box." He comes up saying "put your hands on the wheel. I have my gun unholstered." What? You seriously think I'm going to pull something on you? Common bro. I then proceeded to say that I was just getting my fix it ticket because you most likely pulled me over for my exhaust. He paused and then responded "You rolled the stop sign on Broxton." ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?! Why would I roll a stop sign when a cop is directly behind me...

At this point I'm fuming. He also has the nerve to call in a backup officer who is an old fart. I'm talking shit on the cop (no profanity) when the fat cop comes to my window. He then proceeds to ask me if I do any racing... WTF??? I told him yes, around circuits at certain raceways like Willow Springs & Fontana. Really nice dude.

Anyways, cop comes back and has me sign the citation. I proceed to say to him...

"I saw you had someone pulled over back there and getting their registration. I think it is really messed up you decided to let them go and proceed to run to your car and follow me just to write me a false ticket. That is really messed up."

He responded "Have a nice night"

WHAT THE FACK??!?!?!?!?!?! I'm fighting this bullshit I just need help and advice from you guys. I know that he had a little camera in car because I saw his blinking light. I just think this is total bullshit and I am not taking a hit on my driving record for some young douchey fuck.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

HG Motorsports | Motiv Motorsport | Sparta Evolution | BBS Motorsports | Sabelt | JRZ |
NASA ST1 SoCal --- 554whp/487wtrq --- 3200lbs <<YouTube Channel w/ Race Videos>>
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You need to get a lawyer to supoena that camera footage ASAP, if you really are going to fight this.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
chrisE92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

That sucks man. I honestly hate driving around Westwood, and my car doesn't even draw as much attention as yours. Hope you get things sorted out.
      01-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
BGg30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MW F80

westwood cops are all assholes.. ive seen one give a ticket to someone that "j walked" only like 2 feet off the cross walk
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
bdbahh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

x-post from the general post

As someone who's Dad was in law enforcement (SB Sheriff actually) and I myself am in the hiring process for SBPD...this is complete bullshit. It seems like this was personal attack on you. You're probably not going to have much luck on fighting the ticket since it's his word against yours (unless the camera shows anything).

There was no reason for him to have his gun upholstered. Are your windows tinted? If not, he may have seen you reaching into the glove box while he was walking up. That's a no-no. Always keep your hands on the wheel until the officer gets there, and then tell him/her what you're about to do, and have them watch you. Especially young cops, they're a little more itchy on the trigger finger.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Damn! That really sucks, Mike! You'll probably need to get a lawyer to get a hold of the footage from his dashcam. Best of luck and please keep us updated!

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
bboy8282
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Contact Amir Soleimanian (www.4mrticket.com). Yes the website sounds cheesy like all the other ones...but i have personally used him and was sucessful. He got me off the hook for a 115mph speeding ticket several years back and my record was not effected whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

My advice is, I hate to say it, to pay the ticket and try to forget about it. If you fight it, you may end up losing even more money, and you'll be fuming every time you deal with it. Let it go, and focus on stuff you can control.

Oh, and for future constabulatory entanglements, I find that you always get away with just a warning by starting with: "Sir, is that doughnut powder on your mustache?". They love that.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #9
OEM99
Rep
Drives: E90

word.. i work down at the hospital and definitely A hole cops there for sure... sorry bout this BS bro.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
Fitz335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i Estoril Blue

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
So the citation he wrote you was a stop sign violation? Seriously, just pay it, that's like the most meaningless ticket ever.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
SunyD
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 335i MSport

HA! if it was UC PD I bet I know who it is lol.

I worked at the hospital as well. One time in the middle of the night, like 3am, I went to my old 550 in the employee parking lot during lunch and saw him sitting at the end of the row. When I turned the car on he raced down just to block me in and turned his lights on. He starts his rant by saying I have ruined my BMW and that if he wanted to, he could give me a ticket for an exhaust and tint. I told him the exhaust is only axle back, made in CA, and completely legal. He goes on and on saying in CA only stock exhausts are legal but he'll do me a favor and let it go cause I work there...blah blah blah. At this point I knew he was full of shit so I just went along with his BS, made him feel like he was the shit and eventually just drove off.

I've had other experience with the UCPD and most of them are super cool, its just a couple of them that take their job WAAAAAY too seriously. They live to give a hard time to good people minding there business because frankly, that's the most action they get. UCLA is pretty slow in terms of police work, I guess they get bored...

If I were you, I would want to fight it as well, but you have to consider what you plan to get out of it and weigh your options. Is paying the fine and doing traffic school going to be cheaper and faster than fighting it. Probably, but if your looking to fight the good fight then I'm totally with you. This guy has probably done this before to someone else, and if we all just keep paying then he will never stop. I mean why was he following you in the first place, even he will have to admit that you didnt do anything "illegal" until after he started following you. Just like he waited next to my car until I turned it on to block me in and bitch about my exhaust...

Anyway, I know how you feel. Good luck!!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #12
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy8282 View Post
Contact Amir Soleimanian (www.4mrticket.com). Yes the website sounds cheesy like all the other ones...but i have personally used him and was sucessful. He got me off the hook for a 115mph speeding ticket several years back and my record was not effected whatsoever.
+1 for mr ticket! Helped my friend 5 times and won!
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #13
Enza
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92TT

We have too many legalized-under-educated-idiotic-thugs these days. I wouldn't be surprised if a revolution is around the corner.
300 / ZSP / ZPP / ZCV / PDC / OEM M3 Mirrors (auto everything) / LCI Tails / Paddle Shifters / MTechnik Sides, Front & Rear Bumper / OEM M Spoiler, Performance Grilles / Quad Tips & Carbon Fibre Quad Diffuser (Pending) / AC Schnitzer Roof Spoiler / OEM Aluminum Footrest, Stainless Pedals (Pending) / Keyhole Delete / Euro Fog Switch (Pending) / All Weather Mats & Liner /
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #14
bernard54321
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328I E90

Garage List
2006 Bmw 330i  [0.00]
2009 328I E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enza View Post
We have too many legalized-under-educated-idiotic-thugs these days. I wouldn't be surprised if a revolution is around the corner.
lol +1 and very agree-ed
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
fdawg4l
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

I'm not a lawyer. In fact, some would say cops love giving me tickets, too. That said, I found the situation can't be changed; they want something over you, and you want them to leave you alone. As bad as this is, whenever I'm pulled over, I try to treat them like someone else's hyper 2 year old- you can't be mean, you can't even get angry. You have to acknowledge what they're saying without necessarily agreeing with them, but show that you're listening. And, above all, you cannot tell them what to do. After all, they aren't your problem.

This is advice given to me by an NJ state trouper's daughter-
1 - show complete submission. Take your key, put it on the roof of your car, then place your hands on the steering wheel. Roll down all of the windows and wait. They know you aren't going anywhere and you're at their mercy.
2 - Be as polite as possible. Always refer to them as "officer", start with hello, and ask them if it is OK to reach into your glove to pull out your info (see 1 about submission).
3 - Never ever argue with them. Acknowledge what they say since you are in no position to change their mind. (See paragraph above about pretending to be nice to someone else's kid.)
4 - When asked a question, keep details brief and clear. "I made sure to stop, counted 2 seconds, then continued". When he/she disagrees, acknowledge the discrepency, then take ownership and apologize for the error. Admit you had no idea that was the case and it must've been a mistake.

I've dropped from 6 speeding tickets in a single year in my camry (in NJ) to 1 in all 3 years of having my 335 since I got those pieces of advice. I still get pulled over (now in CA), but in most instances, I get a warning, a showing of gratefulness for the key thing, and get to leave without issue.

The 1 time was in Santa Barbra, actually. He was at least nice about it, and it was for doing 95 in a 55. I was cited for doing 74 in a 55. All told, things could have been much worse.

Just my 2 cents.

Show up on your court date, plead your case to the prosecutor, take what they give you, and carry on. A stop sign isn't worth the lawyer's bill, but your insurance situation may be different than mine. I'm (finally) free and clear.

1 last thing- When I see a cup pull a U like a bat-out-of-the-south, I do everyone a favor and pull over immediately as long as it's safe to do so. You can say you thought he was after you and wanted to make life a bit easier or he wanted to go around you anyway. Both tend to get some points with the cop and it makes driving with po-po behind you a bit less terrifying while waiting for the other shoe to drop. In your case, I'd be curious to see what he could come up with since he only saw you briefly.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #16
harkirath
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90

www.ticketkick.com

Works in California. They write you up a paper you submit for Trial By Written Declaration. If you are found not-guilty, you get money back from the court. If you are held guilty, you get your money back from the TicketKick company. It really is a win-win.

The difference between the ticket fees and TicketKick may only be like $40, but it adds up if you plan on doing Traffic School and so on.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #17
nkadisha
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 335

Almost this same thing happened to me, they've given me and a few friends false top sign tickets too. Call ticket busters - they tend to get you out of tickets pretty regularly. I'm in the process of using them now.
      02-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #18
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Another good reason for a dashcam with microphone.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #19
WNF_335i
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

cops are human just like us lol. Some are car enthusiasts aswell. If he is young you know he just thought your car was badass and chased you down because he was bored and wanted to check out your car.
Appreciate 0