E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Uverse u450 v directv premier package.

10-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Uverse u450 v directv premier package.

Sorry if this has been done before....

Anyways I am in need of switching TV providers. My options are uverse, directv/dish or cox communications(cable). I have cox now and their HD offering is horrible. I'm pretty much decided upon directv premier pack or uverse u450, if I go with dtv I'll just switch tv and likely keep internet/phone with cox. If I go uverse I'll switch it all.

Has anyone had both and can say which they felt was the better HD TV provider? I need to make a decision within 25 days before I get locked in for two years with cox.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

My neighbor has uVerse and I have DTV. We've gone back and forth when watching hockey or football games and the picture quality difference is very noticeably better on DTV, to the point that both of us have said something about it. I'm not usually aware of things like this, in that I don't really notice a difference in 720p and 1080p, but the compression on uVerse is pretty bad when you're comparing it back and forth. My neighbor has a newer, nicer Sony LED, compared to my older Samsung LED and we've both put on BluRays to make sure it's not the tv setup, but the cable broadcast.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
hudamang
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Hopefully M4

I just switched from DirectTv to Uverse. I was getting sick and tired of having to call every couple of months to get a good deal. So far so good! I haven't noticed any picture quality difference myself.
      10-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I had uverse and my picture quality was great. But not working with me on price is how I ended up with cox. I'm not opposed to calling and haggling every now and then. I just figured at this point I might as well open up to satellite tv. I've never had sat tv and don't know many people that do so wanted some real world replies
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
How about amount of HD channels? Both companies I would go with their top tier.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
hudamang
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Hopefully M4

I'm liking the amount of HD channels I have on UVERSE. To be honest, I watch the same 5-10 channels. I liked DirectTV until they raised my price. I've did have 1 storm that made the satellite go out during a game I was really looking forward to watching...
      10-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

I've had DirecTV since 2006. I just switched to Uverse, a few months ago. Uverse looks better. Slightly though.

I switched because i wanted Internet+TV+home phone in one, because with DirecTV, i had Comcast for Internet which sucks monkey dong. (Fast but their $$$ and customer care is horrible).

Uverse is better than DirecTV in my opinion. I dont loose signal when it rains, snows or wind blows too fast. With Uverse, i can change channels quicker, DirecTV takes almost 10 seconds to switch channels.