E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > PROFESSIONAL NAVI SYSTEM Connectors Scheme! I NEED IT!

02-09-2007, 05:01 AM   #1
moldflow78
Moldflow78
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Touring (E91)

Garage List
2005 E91  [0.00]
PROFESSIONAL NAVI SYSTEM Connectors Scheme! I NEED IT!

Hi,

Well, I'm swapping from Business Navigation System (with 6,5" monitor) to Professional Navigation System (with 8,8" monitor); I iwll post a DIY as I do it . I have all the necessary hardware (Monitor, CCC with 2 CD/DVD slots, high controller for i-drive, cables).
What I lack is the connector scheme, that looks different form Business to Professional, even if the harness is the same.
Does anyone have the scheme of the connectors for the Professional CCC? (unlucky I don't have WDS )
Thank you very much for your help,

E91 320d - Monaco Blau - Black Leather - Panorama Roof - Navi Business - PDC - Steptronic
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
daMANiack
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F26 X4 35d

Hi,

I've just completed my E60 530i upgrade from Business to Professional Navigation and it works a treat, bought the parts from eBay.

I basically used the retrofit instructions and downloaded alot of TIS instructions.

I assume the basics for the E60 and E90 would be very similar.

The cable that I was missing was the CCC Fan cable. I finished up using a PC 3 wire audio cable as it had the connectors at either end, plus the plastic insulators.

Cheerz
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2007, 06:09 AM   #3
moldflow78
Moldflow78
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2005 E91  [0.00]
Fan Cable Wiring Scheme!

Thank you very much!!!
I already did the work and hope to publish a full DIY (I took about 60 pictures... )...I missed just the wiring scheme for the fan cable ...I hope I solved it, but I am not sure since the fan starts only at certain temperaures and here is winter :-)...
If you find the scheme for the CCC fan cable I will be very glad (I mean the number of the slots where the 3 cables red-black, white and brown-black should fit)!

E91 320d - Monaco Blau - Black Leather - Panorama Roof - Navi Business - PDC - Steptronic
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
daMANiack
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldflow78
Hi,
excuse me if I bother you with my questions...
I just need to know where you have connected the 3 cables (brown-black, red-black, white). I have already connected to the fan, via the plug provided by bmw, but I don't know where connect the other side of the cables
Anyway, for every suggestion you can give!
Have a nice day
Hi,

Sorry, but you have your forum setup not to receive PM's from members, so I'll do it this way.

No problems, ask all the questions you need to, that's how I worked it what to do.

The cable from the CCC Fan has 3 connectors, I didn't get one and had to make one so I'm not sure of the wire colours.

Now, the way I found out which wires to connect to which pins, was putting a 9v battery to the fan, it is polarity dependant, so (+) has to be connected to (+). I think the colour of the wires to the fan where correct, Red = (+) and Black = (-). The 3 wires need to goto pins 1, 5 and 11 of X13813 block of 12 pins, they have pins 1, 6, 7 and 12 marked.

I didn't have X13813 plug, so I insulated the connectors and just plugged the connectors onto the pins.

Cheerz
Attached Images

Last edited by daMANiack; 02-12-2007 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: Changed attachment
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 02:02 AM   #5
moldflow78
Moldflow78
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2005 E91  [0.00]
Smile Thank You Very Much!!!

Thank you very much for your tips!
And also the picture is what I meant! (where did you take it?)
This afternoon I will check the cables again, and tomorrow I will bring my baby to the BMW service for the software upgrade, language upgrade (since italian is not a default language :mad: ) and GPS coding!
I will ler you know and will mention you in my DIY!
Have a nice day!

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 05:14 AM   #6
Dankim10
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 325i AW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
i'm trying to buy pro navi system for my car.
Did you guys purchase the dash board as well?
If so, how much it cost? I know the price of pro navi system, but not sure about dash board. thanks for helping!
Blackline | Euro Xenon Headlight | Brex white ring | Breyton spoiler | ACS roof spoiler | 19" HRE C20 19x8.5, 19x9.5, with Michellin PS2 tires | Authentic GruppeM intake | Authentic M-technik full kits | 3D Studie front Lip | Hamann Quad Exhaust | Hamann Mtech rear Diffuser | Piaa HID kit for foglight | KW Street comfort suspension
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 06:03 AM   #7
moldflow78
Moldflow78
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2005 E91  [0.00]
Smile What kind of dashboard you have?

Well,
there are 2 types of dash board for e90/e91. The first one is without the space for the monitor, while the second one is with the space for monitor, and it is suite for Navigation Systems (Business with 6,5" monitor or Professional with 8,8" monitor).
I have the dash board with the space for monitor. To swap from business to professional navi system I only needed to buy a new monitor (the 8,8" one), a new CCC module and a new i-drive controller (high controller).
I don't know what kind of dash board you have, but if you have the one without the space for the monitor, I think you should change the upper part of the cockpit..and I really don't know how much it could cost...but I think a lot...and you should also change the trim close to the gear for the i-drive...anyway, if you have a dash board without space for monitor I suggest you to put a carputer into your car instead of bmw navigation system...if you need it I can give you some useful links...
In the pictures below you can see my car with the Business Navi System (small 4:3 monitor) and then with the Professional Navi System (large 16:9 monitor), the dash board is the one with the space for monitor...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
daMANiack
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldflow78 View Post
Thank you very much for your tips!
And also the picture is what I meant! (where did you take it?)
This afternoon I will check the cables again, and tomorrow I will bring my baby to the BMW service for the software upgrade, language upgrade (since italian is not a default language :mad: ) and GPS coding!
I will ler you know and will mention you in my DIY!
Have a nice day!
Hi,

Pictures were from my E60 Pro Nav Retrofit instructions.

Was your Pro Nav retrofit kit BRAND NEW, or were the parts secondhand? Do you mind if I ask about how much they were and who you bought from? Just curious, I've already updated my E60 to Pro Nav, parts cost me 1050 Euro including shipping, I also got microphone and cabling for Nav voice.

Cheerz
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E60 Retrofit NAV System.pdf (836.8 KB, 1216 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2007, 01:56 AM   #9
moldflow78
Moldflow78
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2005 E91  [0.00]
Well,
I bought the "CCC module and the 8,8" monitor" from a polish ebayer (€ 453,00 + € 40,00 for shipping to Italy ); I bought the "cover, fan cable, controller high" from a german ebayer (€ 250,00 shipping included ). Then I mounted it by myself (€ 0,00, 2 hours ). Next days I will bring my baby to BMW service to update software, language and GPS (they told me I should pay about € 250,00 ). In total about € 1000,00, against more than 3000,00 requested by BMW dealer!
Let me know if you need the links to the ebayer where I bought my stuff from...they have a lot of cool stuff, expecially for E60 ...bye

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 03:05 AM   #10
moldflow78
Moldflow78
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2005 E91  [0.00]
Post Fan Cable Wiring - for damaniack

Hi,
this is the part number for the CCC fan cable for professional navi system 61120396722 (it should cost about € 4,50-5,00). It comes with the plugs you need to connect it.
Have a nice day.

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #11
dimateodor
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330Xd

Hello,can you please post a few photos of the Business navigation,or tell me where to find them?I don't know if it's worth spending extra money and get the Prof. navi...what do you think?Is the difference so big?
Thank's a lot
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #12
moldflow78
Moldflow78
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2005 E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimateodor View Post
Hello,can you please post a few photos of the Business navigation,or tell me where to find them?I don't know if it's worth spending extra money and get the Prof. navi...what do you think?Is the difference so big?
Thank's a lot
Well...finally I have finished to swap the navi from business to professional...I can say that the only difference is that on professional navi system you can see the map and you have the monitor splitted into 2 parts...while with the business system you have not the possibility to view the map (but only the arrows)...for the remaining parts of the menu they are quite similar...
Next days, as I will finish to translate from italian to english, I will post the DIY I made during swapping the navigation system...so if you need more pictures of business navigation system just follow this topic

Appreciate 0