E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Mini Review of Service at Serpa BMW

07-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
mbiz
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92, PP, Black Sapphire

Mini Review of Service at Serpa BMW

I have had a terrible time finding a dealer with good service in the GTA so I figured I would write up a mini review of my experience at Serpa BMW which will hopefully benefit some of the members here who need work done.

I was in for an oil change and my indy mechanic informed me that there was transmission fluid seepage in my car. He told me it's a common problem and told me to take it back to the dealer to see if it's covered under my CPO warranty. I decided to try a new dealership for the work so I PMed 335isguy (Anthony) who works at Serpa and within 5 minutes, he got back to me to let me know that the work should be covered and got me booked in.

I took my car in two days ago and had Will as my SA. Will was great, polite and courteous right from the start. Although I was in to do the transmission fluid warranty work, I just casually mentioned to Will that I was hearing a subtle noise in the car and if they could look at it after the transmission work was done. Will immediately arranged for me to go on a test drive with Gary the service manager. Gary and I weren't able to reproduce the problem because the car got too warm but offered to do the transmission work and let the car cool down and then go on another ride in the afternoon. As they had no loaners available, Gary offered to have his guys drive me home to Markham and back but I politely declined as I had to do some work/conf calls at the dealership anyways (that's quite a distance for a shuttle ride so I was impressed). As promised by Gary, once the transmission work as done, we went on another test drive, this time reproducing the problem but once we got back to the dealership for a detailed look (Gary was actively seeking possible culprits the whole time and didn't try to brush off the noise as "normal" as most guys I have dealt with had tried to do), the car got too warm again. As a result, Will booked me in next week with a loaner (free loaner! that's a huge plus for me because it's difficult for me to go without my car for a whole day) so that I can leave the car overnight with him for a detailed look.

The guys at Serpa were simply top notch! Really made me feel like a valued customer (which rightly or wrongly I expect as a BMW owner). I have no hesitation taking my other cars to them for service as well. Thanks again to the service team at Serpa and to Anthony for helping me get set up.

Last edited by mbiz; 07-12-2012 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
drevil2k2
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 B9 A4

+1 for Serpa.

I was hesitant at first since they were not my original dealership, but after 2 services, one that included a loaner, I will be returning in the future.

Gary and all the SAs were professional and a pleasure to deal with.
      07-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 74 tii, 93 M5 x2, 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbiz View Post
I have had a terrible time finding a dealer with good service in the GTA so I figured I would write up a mini review of my experience at Serpa BMW which will hopefully benefit some of the members here who need work done.

I was in for an oil change and my indy mechanic informed me that there was transmission fluid seepage in my car. He told me it's a common problem and told me to take it back to the dealer to see if it's covered under my CPO warranty. I decided to try a new dealership for the work so I PMed 335isguy (Anthony) who works at Serpa and within 5 minutes, he got back to me to let me know that the work should be covered and got me booked in.

I took my car in two days ago and had Will as my SA. Will was great, polite and courteous right from the start. Although I was in to do the transmission fluid warranty work, I just casually mentioned to Will that I was hearing a subtle noise in the car and if they could look at it after the transmission work was done. Will immediately arranged for me to go on a test drive with Gary the service manager. Will and I weren't able to reproduce the problem because the car got too warm but offered to do the transmission work and let the car cool down and then go on another ride in the afternoon. As they had no loaners available, Will offered to have his guys drive me home to Markham and back but I politely declined as I had to do some work/conf calls at the dealership anyways (that's quite a distance for a shuttle ride so I was impressed). As promised by Will, once the transmission work as done, we went on another test drive, this time reproducing the problem but once we got back to the dealership for a detailed look (Will was actively seeking possible culprits the whole time and didn't try to brush off the noise as "normal" as most guys I have dealt with had tried to do), the car got too warm again. As a result, Will booked me in next week with a loaner (free loaner! that's a huge plus for me because it's difficult for me to go without my car for a whole day) so that I can leave the car overnight with him for a detailed look.

The guys at Serpa were simply top notch! Really made me feel like a valued customer (which rightly or wrongly I expect as a BMW owner). I have no hesitation taking my other cars to them for service as well. Thanks again to the service team at Serpa and to Anthony for helping me get set up.
Better edit that to say " I decided to try a new dealership for the work so I PMed 335isguy (Anthony) who once worked at Serpa "...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Great review. I've never had my car serviced there, but I went there when looking for a car and I can't say I had the best experience with the sales guy.

If the service is good, thats awesome nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
MrPig
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 STI, '90 325iS

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Better edit that to say " I decided to try a new dealership for the work so I PMed 335isguy (Anthony) who once worked at Serpa "...
Does he no longer work there?

Also holy crap he's banned. You don't lurk here for 3 days and stuff happens.
      07-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
CarbonTT
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3

I believe he just started... and why is he banned? what did I miss?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
mbiz
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92, PP, Black Sapphire

I'd be curious to know what happened as well then. I met him just two days ago at the dealership when I got the service done.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
antrot
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 335i sedan

Prob has something to do with the autohaus thread...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

I just got word Ant was fired from Serpa. The reasoning was he "said something online". So it could very likely be his comment on BMW Autohaus.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
When did he get fired? I've met the guy and he seems like a solid dude.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekboyD View Post
When did he get fired? I've met the guy and he seems like a solid dude.
posted in the BMW Autohaus thread by someone affiliated with Serpa. Sucks though, cause he probably just killed all the clientele they would've gotten from E90post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotmanpr View Post
The opinions of individuals on this forum are their own and are not authorized to represent Serpa BMW and Serpa Motorrad at any time. Only Serpa BMW itself may express its official positions on any subject. It is the express policy of the Serpa Automotive Group to support fellow dealers, as we would expect them to support us. We regret that a certain individual may have wished to represent us although not authorized to do so. This person is no longer an employee of Serpa BMW. Richard R., PR and Social Media Serpa BMW and Serpa Motorrad.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #12
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Damn. Pretty harsh.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.e. View Post
posted in the BMW Autohaus thread by someone affiliated with Serpa. Sucks though, cause he probably just killed all the clientele they would've gotten from E90post.
.......all 6 of them.
Appreciate 0