E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > NC folks - where are you?

01-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #551
intensee92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your Girl Crazy.

Yea, If you want a "throaty" sound, I think the BMW Performance Exhaust would do. I really like the sound of it and it doesn't effect warranty (if you have it) at all. This will be the route i'm going once I save up some more funds for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #552
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootManiac View Post
I'm not familiar with the sound of deleting the resonator, but I have the bmw performance exhaust upgrade and it definitely has a more "throaty'r" sound.
That does sound pretty sweet, but I'm just wondering if it'll sound the same on mine. I dunno, but for some reason it seems that coupes/sedans - that I've heard - sound different. Then again, I've never come across two of them w/the same exact setup to get a good, accurate comparison. I guess I could always try the muffler delete and, if I don't like it, re-install then somewhere in the future maybe try the bmw perf exhaust.

Right now, I'm just waiting to see what's gonna happen w/my car. Had to drop it off this morning for the hpfp/software recall (no injectors) and hope my aftermarket warranty will take care of the vanos solenoid/oil leak issue.

BTW - the sound of the deleted resonator (on mine) sounded like an over-priced farting Civic! lol It was so bad, I had my husband come and get the car from me while I was at work so I could have it re-installed.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #553
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRLPWR View Post
That does sound pretty sweet, but I'm just wondering if it'll sound the same on mine. I dunno, but for some reason it seems that coupes/sedans - that I've heard - sound different. Then again, I've never come across two of them w/the same exact setup to get a good, accurate comparison. I guess I could always try the muffler delete and, if I don't like it, re-install then somewhere in the future maybe try the bmw perf exhaust.

Right now, I'm just waiting to see what's gonna happen w/my car. Had to drop it off this morning for the hpfp/software recall (no injectors) and hope my aftermarket warranty will take care of the vanos solenoid/oil leak issue.

BTW - the sound of the deleted resonator (on mine) sounded like an over-priced farting Civic! lol It was so bad, I had my husband come and get the car from me while I was at work so I could have it re-installed.
LOL! My car goes in the 24th of Jan. Damn HPFP Recall!
      01-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #554
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Well, they're doing the hpfp and software today, pretty much done except it's gonna take overnight to program it.

Now, I'm debating on whether or not I want them to proceed w/the low pressure fuel pump and valve cover gasket replacement. Trying to find someone else who accepts aftermarket warranties and can do the work. I need my own garage, tools, and a how-to-fix-ur-car for dummies book! Oh, and then there's the spark plug (wires?) and my O2 sensors are in "backwards"??? I guess the previous owner did that when installing the downpipes....I dunno, I didn't do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 04:28 AM   #555
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Anyone got LCI HID Angel Eyes at 8k or 12k that i can check out in person, can meet anywhere in the CH/Durham/raleigh area after feb 9th.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #556
Amir87
Gruppe Titan
Pakistan
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 SG/Coral

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdiaz View Post
Anyone got LCI HID Angel Eyes at 8k or 12k that i can check out in person, can meet anywhere in the CH/Durham/raleigh area after feb 9th.
I have non-LCI E92 with 6000k HID angels if that helps at all.
      01-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #557
Vmotion
The Ultimate Driver
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Well, they're doing the hpfp and software today, pretty much done except it's gonna take overnight to program it.

Now, I'm debating on whether or not I want them to proceed w/the low pressure fuel pump and valve cover gasket replacement. Trying to find someone else who accepts aftermarket warranties and can do the work. I need my own garage, tools, and a how-to-fix-ur-car for dummies book! Oh, and then there's the spark plug (wires?) and my O2 sensors are in "backwards"??? I guess the previous owner did that when installing the downpipes....I dunno, I didn't do it.
Did you receive something in the mail telling you to come in for the new HPFP?

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #558
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmotion View Post
Did you receive something in the mail telling you to come in for the new HPFP?
No, I didn't. I saw a customer's letter in another post and it had BMW's customer support number on it, so I decided to call and find out if I was getting one. Sure enough, they had the previous owner's info still listed but she also told me that, according to my vin, it qualified for the recall (I only received a new pump and software update). When I got to the dealership, they were able to pull up what I needed according to the vin/key fob.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #559
Vmotion
The Ultimate Driver
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
No, I didn't. I saw a customer's letter in another post and it had BMW's customer support number on it, so I decided to call and find out if I was getting one. Sure enough, they had the previous owner's info still listed but she also told me that, according to my vin, it qualified for the recall (I only received a new pump and software update). When I got to the dealership, they were able to pull up what I needed according to the vin/key fob.
Thanks for the info....

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #560
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmotion View Post
Thanks for the info....
Any time. In case you (or anyone else) needs the #.....800-525-7417. BMW Customer Relations Dept.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #561
ItsMeTyler
BCHImports4Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Newbie here from Charlotte. My name is Tyler. I work for a BMW repair shop here on the north side. I'll get some pics up when i can. Just trying to get signed up on a few forums today and get myself started.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #562
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:

Did you remove all of your aftermarket parts when you took it in for HPFP replacement? I took mine in and Valley BMW told me that I need to remove my CAI before they replace my HPFP or they would charge me labor fees if the intake obstructed their repairs! So I made another appt. for the 8th of February.
      01-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #563
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
It was a rough day at Performance BMW... took my car in to get a couple things taken care of, thinking it wasnt gonna be a huge deal. $3500 later and I was out the door!! Had a couple leaks, and some other little things but I guess nothing is ever cheap. The car is running much better now though so Im glad it got done.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #564
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlee103 View Post
It was a rough day at Performance BMW... took my car in to get a couple things taken care of, thinking it wasnt gonna be a huge deal. $3500 later and I was out the door!! Had a couple leaks, and some other little things but I guess nothing is ever cheap. The car is running much better now though so Im glad it got done.
A couple of leaks & other little things for $3500!!
      01-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #565
intensee92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your Girl Crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeTyler View Post
Newbie here from Charlotte. My name is Tyler. I work for a BMW repair shop here on the north side. I'll get some pics up when i can. Just trying to get signed up on a few forums today and get myself started.
Your username sounds familiar... were you ever on carolinahondas.com?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #566
91Kevin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 2011 Subaru STI

Quote:

Your car was at performance BMW this past weekend? I think I saw it as my friend and I were just looking around lol I live in Chapel Hill.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #567
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kevin View Post
Your car was at performance BMW this past weekend? I think I saw it as my friend and I were just looking around lol I live in Chapel Hill.
Hmmm....I wonder if you were the two guys I was watching as they/you were checking it out. lol I was sitting in the showroom waiting on someone else. Saturday afternoon?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #568
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post
Did you remove all of your aftermarket parts when you took it in for HPFP replacement? I took mine in and Valley BMW told me that I need to remove my CAI before they replace my HPFP or they would charge me labor fees if the intake obstructed their repairs! So I made another appt. for the 8th of February.
Nope! Wow, hate to hear that from your shop. I guess some dealerships are more strict than others. They're "familiar" with my car from the previous owner (guess they already knew what was on it) and there's a tech I request to work on mine since he knows about the mods and such. Maybe that's why they didn't give me a hard time - he knew what to expect.

Last edited by GRLPWR; 01-28-2011 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #569
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlee103 View Post
Ouchie! After they did the recall work on mine, I asked them to check out a few other things and, when they came back w/what I was expected to pay after the warranty (aftermarket) paid their part, I said "no thank you" and declined the work. I would've had the work done there just so the tech could make his money, but I didn't agree w/a few of the charges and, when they wouldn't supply me with requested info so I could get the warranty company to pay more, I left. I think next time I'll try a different SA. I don't think he took too kindly to a woman asking a lot of questions and having working knowledge of how my car is supposed to run. Can't get over on us as much when we know a lil' sumthin.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #570
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Nope! Wow, hate to hear that from your shop. I guess some dealerships are more strict than others. They're "familiar" with my car from the previous owner (guess they already knew what was on it) and there's a tech I request to work on mine since he knows about the mods and such. Maybe that's why they didn't give me a hard time - he knew what to expect.
Hmmm, maybe I need to have my car serviced up there.
      01-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #571
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post
Hmmm, maybe I need to have my car serviced up there.
If you do, request that Ryan (technician) work on your car. He knows about modded cars. The only one I'll let work on mine.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #572
335i Addict
Sleeper Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 TIAG 335i sedan

GRLPWR I think I have seen you around town a couple of times. Nice to see some local people in here.

here is mine, maybe you've seen me.