E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > So confused :( NO BOOSTfrom Vacuum lines

08-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

So confused :( NO BOOSTfrom Vacuum lines

I live in Plano Tx and I have a FBO 335 ( you can see my mods in my sig) and I do have an external boost gauge hooked up into the intake manifold so its true PSI. When I started it the yesterday it sounded really loud and its 108 degrees so I DO NOT GET ON IT WHATSOEVER in this heat so I didnt notice anything except a WAY louder exhaust. So that night the temps went down and I said why not lets hit it and as I went WOT it would only let me hit 0psi of boost. The last time this happened it was the vacuum line right by the oil filter housing and also a broken nipple on one of the vac canisters. I replaced all that and everything was back to normal. That was over 6 or 7 months ago. So, today I put it up on the lift and thought it could be a boost leak from the intercooler but everything was just fine. So I took off the engine cover and started searching around. I pulled the line on my canister off and I could barely hear it sucks for maybe a second and a half, then stop. I tried this on both canisters to try and eliminate other issues. I had my buddy come by and took his vacuum line off his canister and it held pressure to where you could stick your finger on the vac tube and it would hold it on there so it was constantly sucking (like mine should be.) I think this narrows it down to a vacuum leak, not necessarily a boost leak. Engine cover is still off but im at the point of giving up since its so damn hot outside. If there is anybody in the DFW area that has experience with vacuum lines and where each of them go I would be greatly appreciative to have the help. I know time is worth money so I'm willing to pay someone to fix my issue and we can discuss that if someone can find the time to help me out. Its bothering the hell out of me that something so stupid can affect the whole car the way it does. I hate having my car down and I really dont want to wait till Monday when one of my buddies can actually look at it. He is a BMW tech so it shouldnt be a problem for him at all. I honestly dont want to wait that long and if someone in the area wants to make some money, I'm so down to pay out. I just want my car back up and running I can go anywhere if need be and I'm located in Plano so driving isnt an issue if somebody can get this fixed for me.

My name is Jonathan and my number is 469 585 1789. I would really appreciate it guys! I also have a set of LUX V3's 6K that are brand new in the box that I bought for back up just incase so if you need some of those I would be more than happy to throw those in as well. Just want this beast up and running ASAP
[SIZE="2"]Crimson Red E92 335i M-sport 6-speed with MHD custom stage 2+ flash only , 40% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW Clubsport, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@124mph on street tires)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
Chillin335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

give sammy a call he can get it fixed im sure.that guy is doing intake cleanings with one arm.
Appreciate 0