E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Adaptive Light Stuck pointing to left

07-06-2015, 06:38 AM   #1
My325iE90
Rep
Drives: 325i

Adaptive Light Stuck pointing to left

Hi everyone,

I have an adaptive error warning and noticed my passenger side light is stuck pointing all the way to the left.

I took it to an indy dealer who has a BMW specific computer and he said the code was reading that I have a bad motor in my xenon headlamp. He said BMW only sells the whole thing as a unit, but if I could find one in a junkyard he would try putting in the motor for me.

Does this sound like a correct symptom for my light being stuck? I mentioned to him about the light getting "knocked off track" and he said if that was the case my light would be falling down. Not fixed all the way to the left.

Then I looked my car up on Realoem and found this #4

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=63_0918

Is that the part? Or are there multiple motors here?
thanks everyone
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 09:41 AM   #2
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

The plastic gears are stuck or broken.

Odds are, you'll need a new unit.
      07-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #3
My325iE90
Rep
Drives: 325i

Well I have to fix it somehow because my car is up for inspection and I will fail if I show up with headlights not pointing straight.

I have been reading a bit on this, any chance this could be the Adaptive light module that is bad? They seem to be a common issue on these cars, just not sure if that will cause the light to be stuck there.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 08:08 AM   #4
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by My325iE90 View Post
Well I have to fix it somehow because my car is up for inspection and I will fail if I show up with headlights not pointing straight.

I have been reading a bit on this, any chance this could be the Adaptive light module that is bad? They seem to be a common issue on these cars, just not sure if that will cause the light to be stuck there.
That's what I assumed as well. I replaced the module, it appear to 'work'; however, within a week, I got the same issue.

The only way I resolved it was by getting on my knee's for the warranty company and harassing them until it was sorted.