E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Question on valve cover spark plug gaskets

05-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
mys_iii
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Question on valve cover spark plug gaskets

Hi Everyone,

I searched the archives but couldn't find any information on this. The 3 spark plug gaskets shown in this DIY http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...6/IMG_4423.jpg have numbers and what looks like position information. Is there a particular position for each of these when installing them? They seem to all be the same shape and size so it doesn't look like there is a placement order for them. I just wanted to make sure though because each one has a round "10 o'clock" arrow and a round "25 degree" arrow on the back that are positioned slightly differently. Does anyone know what these are for?

Thanks!

-Max
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
mys_iii
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Has anyone else noticed these markings on these gaskets?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #3
E91 M Sport
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91 M Sport

Didn't see a response so I'll chime in. I just replaced my gaskets and honestly didn't notice markings on them. They only go on one way. The center one was the toughest to keep from falling out of its groove making it somewhat of a bear. I just checked with a flash light down each spark plug tube to make sure they weren't showing.

2012 E91 MSPORT • ST COILOVERS • TSW BATHURST
Appreciate 0