E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MMW Headers review?

07-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #23
Johnny D
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [9.16]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0OS3 View Post
i don't suspect a conspiracy... just to tend to your point, the members with low post count seem legit as they were members before the Group Buy was initiated... some people just don't log on as often or if not that, then only make posts that matter (not just to gossip)...
I do not have a set yet either, but that was my choice. I didnt feel like editing my signature before putting it in there. To my understanding, there was a first come, first serve for the silver ones(group buy). Those that didnt want to wait on the additional colors got the option of silver. I got an email from Gavin asking if I wanted the silver or wanted to wait for the black ones to finish up. I chose to wait.

If you check the FB page there is another video posted of a different car and set up. It sounds pretty good if you ask me.

To the rest of the people asking for dynos. I will come through with a dyno as soon as the black set are finished and I get them installed.

Last edited by Johnny D; 07-18-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #24
Patmos330
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330I

I just checked out that video, its hard to tell if it sounds good or not. I did see that hes trying to find a 335i to race with, and that was like 9 days ago so hopefully we can get a video of that soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #25
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0OS3 View Post
that's my plan! Best believe i'll do some work on getting this review out there. Mine being exclusive as a "Block-Back Straight Pipe Exhaust" <-- i'm excited!

Best believe, i've made my point across to Gavin that i'm upset about the service thus far... via public posts on here and personal email... i think there's some misconception about when you take someones' money, you owe them a product -within a timely manner- and if not that, then FREQUENT updates, answering EACH and EVERY email about questions, concerns, complaints... it's simply GOOD BUSINESS.

As for the "original ship date" i remember when he was pushing for the group buy back in June/July 2011 and for everyone to expect a pre-christmas delivery... obviously that never happened and we're just now getting a few shipments after 1.5years after dropping a decent about of money on them.

I just hope he comes through with the WHOLE deal he promised me (i.e. O2 Sim included)... good thing i saved all the emails and PMs! ^__^
I think you might have your time line a little stretched, we started this in the end of September on 2011, so 1.5 years is a little off. And I know your upset that the black ones are still being done, but they come in batches after they are hand made, and the 3 installs ive seen from people (2 e92's and a Z4) all fit and sound perfect, and yes come with O2 sims also - like they should and were said to be. There is no reason to raise meaningless speculation on weather or not your going to get something you ordered - ive still never taken someone money for nothing and while the headers took a ton of time to design and make perfect - I could have rushed it and made a crap product that doesn't fit like some of the other offerings out there. That's not how I work, nor is it how I want the quality of parts we make to be. So yes, I fully admit it took longer then it was supposed too, but its also a design that no one has come up with, hand welded and machined and ceramic coated.

The black ones are going to be done here soon, and I appreciate your patience in waiting for them, I'm doing all I can to wrap them up ASAP for you so you can see that our product surpasses anything else and will deliver power and fun to your car.

I have been working on the supercharger, so I have not yet personally had the time to dyno the headers - because I would have to uninstall the S/C kit to do so and that's a big step backwards at this point given the state we are at with the S/c. But we do have a car getting dyno'd coming up next week I believe when they come in to install a set.

The car is back down for tuning and more runs, and more info will be available next week on both subjects.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #26
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Here is the video from yesterday of a set installed in an e92, with an X-pipe and Dual Exhaust (I dont know the exact muffler he is running, waiting for confirmation)

Sounds good from this end
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #27
Patmos330
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330I

Thanks for chiming in Gavin. I cant wait to see the gains from the headers, if they're decent hp/$ then I'll definitely be ordering a set.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #28
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
I think you might have your time line a little stretched, we started this in the end of September on 2011, so 1.5 years is a little off. And I know your upset that the black ones are still being done, but they come in batches after they are hand made, and the 3 installs ive seen from people (2 e92's and a Z4) all fit and sound perfect, and yes come with O2 sims also - like they should and were said to be. There is no reason to raise meaningless speculation on weather or not your going to get something you ordered - ive still never taken someone money for nothing and while the headers took a ton of time to design and make perfect - I could have rushed it and made a crap product that doesn't fit like some of the other offerings out there. That's not how I work, nor is it how I want the quality of parts we make to be. So yes, I fully admit it took longer then it was supposed too, but its also a design that no one has come up with, hand welded and machined and ceramic coated.

The black ones are going to be done here soon, and I appreciate your patience in waiting for them, I'm doing all I can to wrap them up ASAP for you so you can see that our product surpasses anything else and will deliver power and fun to your car.

I have been working on the supercharger, so I have not yet personally had the time to dyno the headers - because I would have to uninstall the S/C kit to do so and that's a big step backwards at this point given the state we are at with the S/c. But we do have a car getting dyno'd coming up next week I believe when they come in to install a set.

The car is back down for tuning and more runs, and more info will be available next week on both subjects.
i've moved on from speculating i won't receive a product [at all]... its just 'when?'
Thanks for the update though.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #29
DimSum
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
Here is the video from yesterday of a set installed in an e92, with an X-pipe and Dual Exhaust (I dont know the exact muffler he is running, waiting for confirmation)

Sounds good from this end
hahahaha, awee yeaa.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #30
jfisher160
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is Coupe

Headers being Installed

Header Finally getting Installed today. Will hopefully have video for you soon. Those look so damn good.
Attached Images

Sold - 2007 328i (3-Stage Manifold - BMW Perf Intake w/Scoops - Powerbox - Magnaflow Exhaust - MMW Headers - KW Street Comfort - VMR 701s 19' w/M3 offset - BMW Strut Brace - 330I Brake Conversation - 5% Tint All Around - 8K HID Fog Lights -Angel Eyes)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #31
D-Raw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335is

Does anyone have the DIY how to remove and install headers I need one asap
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #32
Terp1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 BMW 325Ci

Where are the reviews and dyno's from those individuals who have received the product?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #33
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terp1
Where are the reviews and dyno's from those individuals who have received the product?
Hear hear
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #34
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Appreciate 0