E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Combox retrofit on an 06 e90

06-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
reppin513
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Combox retrofit on an 06 e90

Hey, I have been having a lot of trouble finding a combox retrofit for an 06 e90 without nav. I have bluetooth and aux jack from factory and have read this may be the miracle way to upgrade the head unit to stream Bluetooth music. That is the goal, to upgrade the factory Bluetooth. Has anyone done this or know where to find specific instructions for my model? I have the professional unit with the wider screen than came on the 07/08. The combox retrofit I saw on an 08 e90 actually installed the head unit I have with newer knobs on the front.. While there are a zillion different upgrades and units in each year of e90, this cant be rocket science. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

I don't think you can do that.

I don't think you can do that.(without an Idrive retrofit that would be excessively expensive.)
If you don't have the screen its a no go.(you said you have a
pro head unit radio right)
If you are trying to get usb , ipod and a2dp only
There are Dension and Mobridge units that do that.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin513 View Post
Hey, I have been having a lot of trouble finding a combox retrofit for an 06 e90 without nav. I have bluetooth and aux jack from factory and have read this may be the miracle way to upgrade the head unit to stream Bluetooth music. That is the goal, to upgrade the factory Bluetooth. Has anyone done this or know where to find specific instructions for my model? I have the professional unit with the wider screen than came on the 07/08. The combox retrofit I saw on an 08 e90 actually installed the head unit I have with newer knobs on the front.. While there are a zillion different upgrades and units in each year of e90, this cant be rocket science. Thanks in advance.
No Bluetooth Audio is possible with the OEM HU.

Get your terms right, please. What you saw most probably was a MULF retrofit and not a Combox, just because you just cannot retrofit a Combox into an OEM HU -it is useless.

Please search, this has been discussed before.
Appreciate 0