E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Old twat just taken the trim off my car.

05-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #23
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Tell the old fuck to pay up or threaten to boil his grand kids.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #24
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Tell them. And claim off his policy directly if you've got details.

It's not a claim on your policy so it won't affect your premium.

I've been here. Didn't pay an excess and didn't affect my premium. I haven't made a claim off my own policy, the "have you made any claims" but, AFAIK, is only if you've raised a claim on your own policy. Confirm that. But I was told that they didn't even care as it wasn't my policy, when I spoke to mine after a bint in a merc wrote off my pug ..
      05-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #25
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Tell them. And claim off his policy directly if you've got details.

It's not a claim on your policy so it won't affect your premium.

I've been here. Didn't pay an excess and didn't affect my premium. I haven't made a claim off my own policy, the "have you made any claims" but, AFAIK, is only if you've raised a claim on your own policy. Confirm that. But I was told that they didn't even care as it wasn't my policy, when I spoke to mine after a bint in a merc wrote off my pug ..
You have to make your insurance company aware of any claim regardless of who was at fault or even if it was the other parties insurance that settled.

And yes, the following year you are likely to see an increase in your premium.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #26
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

This kind of thing makes me mad and it clearly looks like the bloke should not be on the road. I've got a lot of respect for the elderly, but if people drive around leaving an uneccessary trail of destruction behind them they are a potential danger to themselves and other road users and could cause a serious accident one day.
Book it in with the police - maybe its not the first time he has done this - if so they may want a word with him. I'm sorry but these people should be stopped from driving if their spatial awareness and reactions are shot.

Did you get any photos of the incident straight after it happened? Position of cars etc....

Hope you get it sorted mate.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #27
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089
and i do apologise to any OAP member on here if i sounded rude....

but i don't really care if you're a pregant/OAP/child/homeless or whatever, ...

if you fcuk with my car and try to mess me about, i'll be a bigger c*ck than you so don't even try!....
Kev, my father is nearly 84. Used to race around in an original Lotus 7 and is an advanced driver, tested every year for competence. Your younger age doesn't necessarily make you a better driver, although it is clear that reaction time etc. is impaired through advancing years. anyway apology to OAPs taken as intended. However.............

What I can't understand about you after many years of reading your posts, is your incredibly verbally aggressive, anti-everyone who is not you, often ill considered and hugely sexist on the verge of misogynistic posts. It's like listening to a teen who has just discovered that he has a cock! Fuck sake man, grow up and think before you pollute the fecking Internet with your bollocks. We all post shite at times, but you are turning it into a career!!

No offence intended obviously!!

Carl...sorry about your car mate. Hope it gets sorted.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #28
JJD
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
You have to make your insurance company aware of any claim regardless of who was at fault or even if it was the other parties insurance that settled.

And yes, the following year you are likely to see an increase in your premium.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #29
JJD
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Tell him, if he doesn't pay up, u'll report him to the poilice...at his fcukin age, he shudn't be driving!...assuming hes over 60....hehehe....

fcukin old tw*t!...man, i wud have bullied the fcuk out of him...if he didn't apologized!....he shud be doing a sight test aswell!!!...
What the F*ck are you on?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #30
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Kev, my father is nearly 84. Used to race around in an original Lotus 7 and is an advanced driver, tested every year for competence. Your younger age doesn't necessarily make you a better driver, although it is clear that reaction time etc. is impaired through advancing years. anyway apology to OAPs taken as intended. However.............

What I can't understand about you after many years of reading your posts, is your incredibly verbally aggressive, anti-everyone who is not you, often ill considered and hugely sexist on the verge of misogynistic posts. It's like listening to a teen who has just discovered that he has a cock! Fuck sake man, grow up and think before you pollute the fecking Internet with your bollocks. We all post shite at times, but you are turning it into a career!!

Why are you taking this so personal Gav? ( i.e bringing your father into it etc...) Again, what I don't understand is that people just read what other members write and start assuming things!...I got pissed off at THE OLD TW*T that messed up Carl's M3. Not having a go at ALL the OAPs on here or any random OAP! Fcuk sakes, saying something about 1 black/indian/chinese guy and they call you a racist....comment on some nice tits and you're a macho chauvinistic prick....fcukin hell...wtf is wrong with people these days?!

And "anti-everyone" who is not me....on this thread, I'm with Carl, an old tw*t fcuked his M3 up and because of that, his insurance will go up...so I think its fair for me to say whatever I want with regards to THAT particular OAP. So again, if you are on that OAP's side ( I don't think you are in any way affiliated with, i.e hes not ur dad/ friend/ brother... I really don't see why you getting all pissed off for) so you can bugger off too if you don't like it.

Last edited by zltm089; 05-25-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #31
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJD View Post
What the F*ck are you on?
wat? i'm on about that old tw*t, whos damaged Carl's car ...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #32
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post

And also Gav, its with those type of post, this place is turning into PH...where people twist and turn every thread into bitchin internet warrior arguments....you're always saying that e90post has changed, I'm sure we can make it the nice place it used to be...

and I'll start....

In reply to the OP's original post, I would negotiate with the "old tw*t" and avoid insurance route at all cost. If old tw*t plays hard....then report to the police and BULLY THE FCUK OUT OF HIM!....
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #33
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

This thread is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #34
alzieboy
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E350 CDi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfully_Polite View Post
This thread is ridiculous.
+ 1
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #35
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
If he doesn't cough up for the repairs and some sort of compensation for your inconvenience, I think you should erect a large cross on his front lawn and crucify him on it. I find this gets the point across well.

HTH
      05-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #36
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Carl, feel for you when what feels like an easily avoided accident happens. Looks like you are dammed if you claim for a small value but out of pocket if you pay yourself. I guess I would find out the cost and then see if the guy will pay up and keep it as simple as possible. Good luck.
      05-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #37
jrah
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340d

Any photos of the damage?
      05-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #38
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadeSdad View Post
Tell the old fuck to pay up or threaten to boil his grand kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
If he doesn't cough up for the repairs and some sort of compensation for your inconvenience, I think you should erect a large cross on his front lawn and crucify him on it. I find this gets the point across well.

HTH
I'm torn between those two suggestions,both have merit,however,the Clarkson solution shouldn't be ignored.

What's your excess on the policy Carl?
If you have to claim on your insurance you might find your excess is more than the cost of the repair.

Hopefully the Guy will come up with some cash,and you can get it sorted privately and without the insurance company being involved.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #39
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Thanks for the advice guys. Stuck for what to do next really, the damage is not that bad. Tiny bit of paint off the Door and wherE it lifted the side trim it has scuffed the very end. All clipped back Into place but I can see it.

Annoyed because new trim painted or sourced from a breakers probably won't match and I don't really want the door painted!

I will see what a chips away type dude can do.

Regarding the fella, is it worth complaining to the old bill?

He looked very unwell, I don't want to cause unnecessary stress but do think the old coger should not be on the road.
      05-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #40
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. Stuck for what to do next really, the damage is not that bad. Tiny bit of paint off the Door and wherE it lifted the side trim it has scuffed the very end. All clipped back Into place but I can see it.

Annoyed because new trim painted or sourced from a breakers probably won't match and I don't really want the door painted!

He looked very unwell, I don't want to cause unnecessary stress but do think the old coger should not be on the road.
You may be able to write direct to DVLA highlighting your concerns ... they will probably write to him and ask him to go to his Doctors ... depends on his medical history ??

If the police contact DVLA the 'offenders' driving licence is normally suspended pending a check up.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #41
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post

With the trim shaped the way it is you probably would not notice that it is a shade or two out. It probably already is as plastic and metal will never finish the same colour with the same paint.

You don't want the door painted though. You will always see that on silver.

If you report the old guy to the bill I would imagine he would automatically get defensive and that might lead to further issues solving the problem.

You kind of hope his family say enough is enough. On saying that if he does something really bad in the near future that would be bad.

I would try and get him to pay for a repair out of his own pocket.

Some of those smart repair guys work wonders. You might get a good quality smart repair for £100-150 and that would work out much better than having a claim on your record even if 3rd party.

It does stink that even if you have zero blame in an accident it is still held against you.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #42
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

Mate, if it makes you feel better you can sign an 'e-petition' (link below).

I still stand by my advice not to offer any information to your insurance company at this point unless you decide to make a claim. If you do contact them and then decide not to make a claim you will need to declare this info if and when you switch to another insurance company.

Deffo try to come to an agreement with the codger first.

Have you contacted him yet?

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/21244

Last edited by Cyprio; 05-26-2012 at 07:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #43
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Carl
Damage and annoyance aside,if you really feel that this chap is unwell and therefore unfit to drive,then either contact the dvla or report what has happened to your local station,expressing your concerns.
As mentioned,it's a damage only and you have both complied with the road traffic act regarding your obligations-however having someone who may be seriously ill behind the wheel needs to be explored further.
The DVLA medical unit are very pro-active and due to the possible implications of not acting when informed,they are quite thorough and will revoke a licence pending medical reports.
In recent months,I have reported a couple of people to this unit and have been updated very quickly as to the outcome.
One was an old boy who travelled the wrong way down the motorway and the other was a young chap who had a fit whilst at the wheel.
The former gave up his licence and the latter had his revoked pending further tests.
If you have genuine concerns,It's not malicious to report this,you may be stopping something much more serious down the line.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...m90ii1HNH_NL5g
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #44
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
Carl
Damage and annoyance aside,if you really feel that this chap is unwell and therefore unfit to drive,then either contact the dvla or report what has happened to your local station,expressing your concerns.
As mentioned,it's a damage only and you have both complied with the road traffic act regarding your obligations-however having someone who may be seriously ill behind the wheel needs to be explored further.
The DVLA medical unit are very pro-active and due to the possible implications of not acting when informed,they are quite thorough and will revoke a licence pending medical reports.
In recent months,I have reported a couple of people to this unit and have been updated very quickly as to the outcome.
One was an old boy who travelled the wrong way down the motorway and the other was a young chap who had a fit whilst at the wheel.
The former gave up his licence and the latter had his revoked pending further tests.
If you have genuine concerns,It's not malicious to report this,you may be stopping something much more serious down the line.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...m90ii1HNH_NL5g
Sound advice mate.
Appreciate 0