E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Cracked 225M Rear

01-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

Cracked 225M Rear

Hi All,

Suffered the dreaded cracked rim, went into BMW about it and they had to conduct a test that had something to do with the YAxis ?? Needed to be within 0.3m tollerance or something to get it done on warranty ? Anyway, surprise surprise it wasnt and the dealer had to submit a 'goodwill claim' and would you adam and eve it, the claim got approved within 24 hours !

Now I dont know what experience you guys have had with cracked 225M's and warranty claims but if it has been bad then I suggest you try again or get your wheels checked and get a claim in.

The Dealer was Stratstone in Taplow.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

This is getting unbelieveable, my alloy is on backorder. In the meantime BMW GB are going to put me in a hire car until my new wheel arrives !!

This is not the customer service I have been used to with BMW - long may it continue !!!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Sorry about your wheel. There's a sticky thread for collecting cracked wheel data. Could you please make an entry?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

that's what I call service. I am happy for you it is working out this well and good to read also positive feedback about dealers / warranty issues!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

the dealer i bought mine off last week had a similar experience..

they first try to get you to pay for it, but then cave very very easily, and i had a wheel replaced the same day.

nice job
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
Hi All,

Suffered the dreaded cracked rim, went into BMW about it and they had to conduct a test that had something to do with the YAxis ?? Needed to be within 0.3m tollerance or something to get it done on warranty ? Anyway, surprise surprise it wasnt and the dealer had to submit a 'goodwill claim' and would you adam and eve it, the claim got approved within 24 hours !

Now I dont know what experience you guys have had with cracked 225M's and warranty claims but if it has been bad then I suggest you try again or get your wheels checked and get a claim in.

The Dealer was Stratstone in Taplow.
Was this the dealer you bought the car from?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #7
simples
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

i was in there a few months back and overheard a couple in their 50's who were arguing with the service manager about their cracked rims.(just after the watchdog programme). she basically would'nt budge about a free replacment and said about the 3mm test threshold thats needs to be done. don't know how it ended as i had to pay up and go.
good to see things are changing.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
Was this the dealer you bought the car from?
No mate it wasnt, I bought my car privately.

Wheel is back on now and happy to get back to 345bhp, as the 320d loaner was a bit sluggish for me !

To be fair I normally avoided stratstone and went onto Synter High Wycombe, but credit where its due I thought Stratstone in Taplow went over and above my expectations.
Appreciate 0