E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: Aspen White Exige S240 w/ extras. Under $50K

06-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
salmon
Rep
Drives: German

Talking FS: Aspen White Exige S240 w/ extras. Under $50K

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
POSTING FOR A FRIEND

FS: 2008 Lotus Exige S240

I’ve decided to sell my Lotus… mainly because I cannot seem to drive it in a legal manner, but also because I’ve decide to “grow up” and buy a house. Prior to purchasing the Exige, I owned a 2005 Elise… I can say that the comparison between the two is night and day. The Exige is substantially faster, nimbler, and sexier. Substantially.

Here’s the info on the vehicle:
Year: 2008
Model Exige: S240
Miles: 12,xxx
Color: Aspen White (lifestyle paint)
Options: LSD, Traction Control, Touring, Starshield

The car currently has the following modifications:
Engine:
Cup Car Airbox
Larini titanium exhaust
Custom short throw shifter (as well as the all important shifter reinforcements)
Saikou Michi catch can

Body:
Reverie CF rear diffuser
CF Front Lip
CF Sidescoops
CF Wing
CF Mirror Covers
Von-Hep rear panel delete
Sector 111 Tow Hooks

Interior:
Blacked out floorboards (simply vinyl, easily removed)
Custom black HVAC controls. Looks infinitely better than OEM
JCV KD-AVX44 head unit (ipod and video compatible)
Kicker 6.5” rear speakers
MTX 5.25” Front speakers
Alpine 400W 4 Channel Amp
Sector111 Bootie

Lighting:
6000K HIDs
LED Parking Lights
LED License Plate Lights
Smoked Front Sidemarkers

Wheels:
5 bolt hub conversion
5Zigen FC+520 wheels (18X9.5,17X8) with Azenis RT615 tires.

***The car also comes with all stock parts (except the OEM Head Unit and speakers), and can be delivered as such.***

If you want the car stock, and/or want to knock off some of the “extras”, I am willing to bend on the price a little…

The Good:
The car has starshield on it, so there are almost no rock chips on the entire car, nor are there any door dings. The car was stored inside. I was caught in the rain once, otherwise never driven in the rain.
Car is AMAZING to drive, handles incredibly, pulls hard, but of course you know all of that. The car made 236WHP on a dynapack chassis dyno. I’ve driven it on a number of long road trips without issue. I’m the second owner (purchased with 2000 miles on it). In that time the oil’s been changed 4 times with MobilOne. Proper warmup procedure is always observed.
The wheels and tires have only been on the car for about 1000 miles.
The Stock wheels are in perfect shape
The stickers that are on the car are easily removed. They were applied over 2 coats of wax to ensure easy removal with no damage to the paint. Of this I am 100% certain.
The car sounds AWESOME.
The car has never been on a racetrack.

The Bad:
The CF front lip has some spiderwebbing from an overly steep driveway. The OEM lip is in nearly perfect shape.
The tires on the stock wheels are fairly low on tread
There is a 1.5” mark on the right rear wheel from a curb…
The battery came loose and chipped the rear of the clam, right by the L in lotus… It’s difficult to see unless it’s pointed out to you, and you cannot see it unless you’re right on top of it. I was quoted around 500 dollars to repair this damage. The battery mount has been subsequently reinforced… I know for a FACT that others have had this damage repaired under warranty. It never bothered me much, so I never tried going through those channels. (I will add some pics of this in a day or two)

I am asking 49,800 for the car. I haven’t seen an S240 at that price point yet. This price can be modified depending on what you would like included with the car. I will remove and replace any modifications (with the exception of the audio).

Some pictures (old wheels): (Check out this LINK for many many MANY more pics: http://onyxsyndicate.com/newman/exige/exige_pics.html)

Link to original fs thread with more pics: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...der-50k-88538/

Appreciate 0