E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > HID Angel Eyes Retrofitted for PRE-LCI E90s??

02-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
gtabfknkdnme
5 Star General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82, F30

HID Angel Eyes Retrofitted for PRE-LCI E90s??

May be a dumb question or a covered topic, but i'm fairly new to BMWs, i was wondering has anyone retrofitted an HID angel eye to a PRE-LCI e90?

is it possible to just take the kit and....idk...worst case scenerio silicone the F#CK out of the bulb holder so it'll stay in place?

I did this when i was making a custom set of fog lights for my mkv gti when i did a rabbit front end conversion on it and i had absolutely no problem.

(and dont give me that "it's a bmw, its not a vw. its a "driver's car". its a luxury car. if you can afford a bmw you can afford OSS angel eyes etc)

so has anyone done this? honestly i dont like the look of angel eyes and fog lights on at the same time and would prefer to run my 6000k fogs during the day than visible angel eyes and fogs simultaneously.

i was even thinking about going with some RD angel eyes since they arent very visible during the day and are like 50$.

So, anyone done any custom fog lights than the obvious upgrades (lux, weiss, rd, oss)?

and can anyone provide some pics of RD angel eyes or some cheap ebay ones?

Thanks!!

Last edited by gtabfknkdnme; 12-29-2012 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
c_jeong89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 TiAg

even if you were to put in a HID kit into the angel eyes, the way the rings are designed pass only so much light through them. You can get some thats 10000x brighter than the bulb you have in there but in the end you really wouldnt be able to tell the difference between that and the regular upgrades you listed.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
gtabfknkdnme
5 Star General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_jeong89 View Post
even if you were to put in a HID kit into the angel eyes, the way the rings are designed pass only so much light through them. You can get some thats 10000x brighter than the bulb you have in there but in the end you really wouldnt be able to tell the difference between that and the regular upgrades you listed.
seems like it makes sense in theory, but i'd still be curious to see how it looks. especially since there is such a variance in light emitted between say a LUX AE and a RD AE
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #4
krnboy817
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_jeong89 View Post
this is true. just get a nokya or gp thunder bulbs if you want to change color of the rings and call it a day.

driving is poetry in motion.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
gtabfknkdnme
5 Star General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy817 View Post
this is true. just get a nokya or gp thunder bulbs if you want to change color of the rings and call it a day.
yeah i was thinkin about a cheap ebay set of LED AE. rd AE are on ebay too for 55$

anyone have any experience with ebay led angel eyes? pics?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
Horsebox
Rep
Drives: 2007 Petrol 325i M Sport Le Ma

Ye know this topic has ne totally confused.
I'm sure I am only asking a question that many BMW E90 owners ask themselves.... How do I get the ice white halo angel eye rings fitted into my standard headlamps
1. Cheaply and not silly money
2. Without causing faults
3. Where from.
Every forum reads confusing facts on this topic when all is needed is a basic explaination as to the best way to do this and someone to talk to about it who can do this.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #7
gtabfknkdnme
5 Star General
United_States
Rep

Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 02:44 AM   #8
Marcus_Alexander
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335XI

Cool

Umnitza has some pretty decent angel eyes for $80 they don't require any fancy DIY retro fitting just plug and play
http://www.umnitza.com/predator-ices...ly-p-5676.html
They work pretty well IMO, not too visable in direct sunlight though.
I'm really happy with them.
Appreciate 0