E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Order confirmation from dealer?

06-15-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
technik111
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 328i - Delivered 7/24

Order confirmation from dealer?

I placed an order for an e92 328i, but got no paperwork on the car. Shouldn't I have recieved an order confirmtion with a production date on it? I literally walked out of the dearlership with nothing which makes me nervous. I don't want any surprises when the car comes in. Can I call and ask for an order confirmation or something? THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

To answer your question, I don't think your situation is anything to worry about, and yes, you can call and ask for the ppwk. you want.

Being a newbie last Oct., I did the same as you. All I had was a production number written on a post-it note. The reason I felt uncomfortable was I didn't want some misunderstanding as to what the price was, and I wanted something to not only show the price, but the equipment.

I'm not sure why, but BMW CA's can be busy with orders and paperwork, and I think their mentality is your car may be 8 wks. or longer away, so what's the difference between getting the you the ppwk. a week later as opposed to johnny-on-the-spot? The key is as long as your dealership is reputable, you should have no worries at all. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
david2006
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I would be somewhat concerned if I walked out of dealership with nothing to show for it. I would def. ask for a printed order form with list of options ordered and agreed upon price (as well as the drive out price). You def. want to have the options you've ordered on a piece of paper in case they mess up later and don't want them to reneg on the price at time of delivery,

getting an actual production number is a different story, if they're backlogged and don't have any spots open in the next month or so they may not be able to give you an actual prod # just yet ...

Good luck,
Appreciate 0