E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Casey Anthony Trial

07-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #45
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
They also found that the mother was lying about being home at the times those searches were performed. She was actually at work (that's a fact) and the only person who could have been home was Casey.

Again, one more piece of the puzzle that certainly implicates her but does not definitively mean she did it.
Again, that's not accurate. They could never put Casey in front of the computer. Just that there were searches done, but never proved it was her doing them. If you can't place Casey in front of the computer, then you can't just arbitrarily say it was her.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #46
Epacy2
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I think that she has to live with this for the rest of her life, if she did it, if she did not do it, she knows the truth.

Its between her and God now.
Well, perhaps between the father too.
Way too many questions left on what happened. Prosecution never even attempted to look into "when" she was killed. Kinda need that part...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #47
Epacy2
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Freak'n state/prosecution presser is a big circle jerk. All they are doing is patting each other on the back for 15 minutes now. WTF? You just sunk millions of dollars into this case and came up with a donut. Stop jerking each other off.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #48
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Its between her and God now.
not this shit again....
      07-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #49
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
not this shit again....
Her and the "higher power" or whatever belief she may have.

better?

Forgot I had to give full disclosure anytime I say that word.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #50
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Quote:
not this shit again....
Cmon man you know the guy, talking snake, magic apple...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #51
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
Again, that's not accurate. They could never put Casey in front of the computer. Just that there were searches done, but never proved it was her doing them. If you can't place Casey in front of the computer, then you can't just arbitrarily say it was her.
This where the case falls apart as you can say that with ANY of the evidence in this case which is why the defense prevailed. Let's do some quick math... 3 people live in the house, I believe that father was out of state or confirmed to be away from the house, the mother lied saying that she did the searches but that was proven to be a lie leaving only one person in the house. BUT, maybe someone broke in and performed searches on their computer... maybe their internet service was beyond slow and the search finally went through hours later? The reality is that there's a 99% chance it was Casey who performed the search but it's that 1% that our justice system hinges on.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #52
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Don't know why people are so shocked at the verdict. The case was nothing but circumstantial from the get go and no way you convict based on that. Compound it with the lying of prosecution witnesses and the prosecutors were basically sunk days ago. The charges she'll be sentenced for are misdemeanors no jail time should be associated and based on time served she walks on Thursday with probation. Friday she starts the whirlwind tralk show and book/movie curcuit and makes a bundle. Then some God fearing cracker comes out of the woodwork and offs her one day. The only true shame is that a little girl lost her life and it got drug thru the media circus to try it. If anyone should get any repercussions it should be Nancy Grace and the rest of the media calling for her head. If our court system cannot be based on justice and proof then we are no different than most other parts of the world.
Yes I'm a parent but you have to have faith in our system. My opinion that's one fawked up family, the Anthony's, So many wierd storeis and twists and turns made me sick of listening about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #53
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah most people have watched about 15 minutes of it and already know everything about the case.

There was no evidence pointing to her.
You're right. Caylee clearly was not happy with her childhood so she busted out the duct tape and chloroform and went to town.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #54
Epacy2
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
This where the case falls apart as you can say that with ANY of the evidence in this case which is why the defense prevailed. Let's do some quick math... 3 people live in the house, I believe that father was out of state or confirmed to be away from the house, the mother lied saying that she did the searches but that was proven to be a lie leaving only one person in the house. BUT, maybe someone broke in and performed searches on their computer... maybe their internet service was beyond slow and the search finally went through hours later? The reality is that there's a 99% chance it was Casey who performed the search but it's that 1% that our justice system hinges on.
They just proved, allegedly, that the mother was most likely at work. Don't remember them proving the father was away. Mother also said PC was in a common area and neighbors used it too. Didn't Casey have her own place too?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #55
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
You're right. Caylee clearly was not happy with her childhood so she busted out the duct tape and chloroform and went to town.
Well thats an interesting take on it, I'm amazed the defense team did not try that route as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #56
Epacy2
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Don't know why people are so shocked at the verdict. The case was nothing but circumstantial from the get go and no way you convict based on that. Compound it with the lying of prosecution witnesses and the prosecutors were basically sunk days ago. The charges she'll be sentenced for are misdemeanors no jail time should be associated and based on time served she walks on Thursday with probation. Friday she starts the whirlwind tralk show and book/movie curcuit and makes a bundle. Then some God fearing cracker comes out of the woodwork and offs her one day. The only true shame is that a little girl lost her life and it got drug thru the media circus to try it. If anyone should get any repercussions it should be Nancy Grace and the rest of the media calling for her head. If our court system cannot be based on justice and proof then we are no different than most other parts of the world.
Yes I'm a parent but you have to have faith in our system. My opinion that's one fawked up family, the Anthony's, So many wierd storeis and twists and turns made me sick of listening about it.
Yeah, Nancy Grace and all her talking head friends have been talking in absolutes and saying the whole world is shocked by the verdict. Wrong, your HLN friends aren't the only people in the world and isn't how everyone thinks. NG has been bashing Casey ever since the verdict saying how much she is going to make, who knows whether she does or not, her parents sure did, and NG didn't vilify them for that.
Also, don't think for one moment her show wouldn't pay to have Casey on. Contradicting cunt...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #57
Epacy2
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Well thats an interesting take on it, I'm amazed the defense team did not try that route as well.
Pay him no mind. Second straight ridiculous comment from him.
Sounds like the guy is one who decides and act on emotion instead of facts, common sense and reason.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #58
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like the guy is one who decides and act on emotion instead of facts, common sense and reason.
I know, everyone that is mad is going off emotion, I have watched way to much of this trial and after listening to the closing statements a few days ago, I knew she wasn't going to be convicted unless the Jury acted on emotion.

Its almost nice seeing the law prevail, even when its possibly the wrong outcome, at least it was done correctly.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #59
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Absurd comments.

Case was highly circumstantial and it was never proven when, nor was it approached, when she was killed. The how was a leap of faith and was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
Realistically, it should have never gone to trial with the lack of true evidence they had.
Ok, let's put all the legal bullshit aside for a second. Let's do a little bit of logical thinking. Caylee was only a toddler. The majority of the time, she was with her mother and grandparents. It was clear that Casey didn't want the child. She was more interested in partying and having a good time. She didn't report Caylee missing until 31 DAYS later. Sorry, but if I was a parent, I would report my child missing only after a few hours. And I would not be partying and getting tattoos. After the death of a loved one, I would be mourning. Casey clearly did not give a fuck.

I know there is so much more to the case but I'm not going to type all of it. I don't need to. And if Casey really didn't do it, why did she feel the need to lie about EVERYTHING?

Common sense. Some have it and some don't.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #60
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

I am flat out disgusted with the American court system.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #61
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
not this shit again....

I hate that, or when people say, 'she'll get what she has coming'. No she won't, she'll get some book and interview deals like other said, and go about the rest of her life knowing she got away with murder.

I don't invest in my justice system to watch shit like this happen so that we can 'let God determine her fate'.

I don't know why I'm ranting, the world is populated by idiots, or course she got off.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #62
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Facts? You want facts? A child has been murdered. Mother doesn't care. Mother lies. Mother gets lucky and the jury was persuaded by a successful defense team.

There, I gave you your facts.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #63
Epacy2
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I know, everyone that is mad is going off emotion, I have watched way to much of this trial and after listening to the closing statements a few days ago, I knew she wasn't going to be convicted unless the Jury acted on emotion.

Its almost nice seeing the law prevail, even when its possibly the wrong outcome, at least it was done correctly.
Exactly, the evidence just wasn't there. Nothing shocking about that. Was glad to see the jurors didn't get caught up in the prosecution's games. After the prosecution said they weren't praying on emotion, they ended their rebuttal by showing Casey's tattoo and hot body picture. Pretty telling there...all emotion, no fact. A tattoo and out partying isn't evidence she killed anyone.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #64
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Facts? You want facts? A child has been murdered. Mother doesn't care. Mother lies. Mother gets lucky and the jury was persuaded by a successful defense team.

There, I gave you your facts.
And there is still not proof of guilt in that.

She was convicted of lying.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #65
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

@Silvergray545

You started off with forget the legal bullshit line ok. Some one did it and the poor little girl clearly did not deserve. However you cannot discount that the system worked, again forget the legal bullshit like you said. There was no way they could convict her without appeals ACLU implications etc etc etc.. This was a travesty from the get go and the fact that people with influence, IE Nancy Grace and the rest of the "news based " talk shows had her convicted and fried 10 days ago and then after closing arguements swayed back to the middle but still said they should convict her is the other issue or travesty here. Those people should not be allowed to spew their garbage on national TV and try and influence outcomes of everything from trials to elections. That's my opinion on the whole thing that and the fact the lead prosecutor should be working at Burger King not trying capital murder cases. Why you put someone on the stand that you cannot corroborate one bit on their testimony is beyond me. Baez sunk them with his told you so comment.
The whole thing stinks and they should just sterlize the next 10 generations of the Anthony family if they really want to prevent anything again from happening.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #66
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Exactly, the evidence just wasn't there. Nothing shocking about that. Was glad to see the jurors didn't get caught up in the prosecution's games. After the prosecution said they weren't praying on emotion, they ended their rebuttal by showing Casey's tattoo and hot body picture. Pretty telling there...all emotion, no fact. A tattoo and out partying isn't evidence she killed anyone.
You probably have an opinion, as most of us do, as to what happened. Do you *think* she more than likely killed or was involved in the killing of her daughter? I'm not asking for you to flip the switch on the chair but just want to see what you think *likely* happened given the circumstantial evidence that has been presented.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0