E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AA xede vs sflgator procede v2 (with vids)

10-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #23
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revah2 View Post
You know, when Walkedu raced the v1.47 proceded carr with his v2.0 car people attributed the huge gain walkedu had on the v1.47 car mostly to the version 2, where I argued that the huge lead walkedu had was more due to his exhaust, DPs, and FMIC.
I would absolutely love to see the people (driver72) that said that the huge gain that walkedu had on the v1.47 car was attributed to v2.0 come into this thread and say that the huge lead Bimmerman had on sflgator is due to his small modification (exhaust, catless dps). After all they did say themselves that these "small" modifications had no HUGE effect on walkedu's v2.0 car stepping on the v1.47 car.

Well you got it about all wrong in the above statements:

Well first of all, I NEVER said the huge gains that WalkedU had over the v1.47 PRocede car was all v2.0
I said, "even if you say 1/2 of the difference was due to the DP's FMIC and exhaust, that still meant the v2.0 would of pulled 3 CL's over the v1.47 cars.

Second, Bimmerman doesn't have "small" modifications to his car.
Not only does he have the catless DP's, the exhaust, but also a set of plasma coils and a custom 18 psi boost map from AA according to that copy and paste from his own words.
That's not "small" modifications.

Bimmer's car is probably making 50-60 more hp than Gators.

I don't know exactly what your point was with your comments in this post.????
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:38 PM   #24
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Ok,my car is just the regular software. I had the 18lb switch but its not even in the car, because a while back my front 02's went bad, and I couldnt figure out what was wrong with my car, so I changed out everything to the regular software.
---I cut out my regular stock cats and replaced with a peice of tube, not even mandrel bent. There is nothing special about my exhaust, maybe other people get rwhp when they buy a nice mandrel bent set up, but mine is just cut out cats, and magnaflows.
---- I love the excuses people come up with, "oh its the 18lb switch, oh its the exhaust" No, its the regular software, and regular gas. Plain and simple, I would love to get back my more aggressive tune, run race gas, then it would be even worse!!
------------Please ask questions first, dont just assume, to those who asked, thank you very much..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:38 PM   #25
catdog
Banned
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermans54 View Post
Ok, I met up with sflgator, and unexpectedly made a few runs. He has the v2, I have the AA xede. I have no cats, and magnaflow glasspacks. Please dont start with I have this and that and what not. Because no exhaust work will make up the difference. Vids speak for themsleves. Sorry its only a camera phone, but its still clear enough to see the difference. There was passengers in each car, I am hoping that they will post remarks!
Recap:Now my car is on 20's and a full Reiger bodykit, where SFLGATOR came in rims that weigh 20lbs. We met at the local Jamba juice. We went on the turnpike, where our first run, I jumped early, so we got off, and we went again from a 40mph roll, and a 20mph roll. Each time, especially from the 20mph roll, I jump right away, and keep pulling, after the end of my 3rd gear, I just let off, because there is a huge gap between us, that the vids plainly show. In the 20mph roll, I spun for 2 gears, while passing him on his PS2's. SFLGATOR car isnt slow, and I sincerely appreciate him meeting us so that we could test our cars together.
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share....tate=RETRIEVED

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share....tate=RETRIEVED
You, my friend, have a very very fast car...WOW!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:41 PM   #26
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Ok,my car is just the regular software. I had the 18lb switch but its not even in the car, because a while back my front 02's went bad, and I couldnt figure out what was wrong with my car, so I changed out everything to the regular software.
---I cut out my regular stock cats and replaced with a peice of tube, not even mandrel bent. There is nothing special about my exhaust, maybe other people get rwhp when they buy a nice mandrel bent set up, but mine is just cut out cats, and magnaflows.
---- I love the excuses people come up with, "oh its the 18lb switch, oh its the exhaust" No, its the regular software, and regular gas. Plain and simple, I would love to get back my more aggressive tune, run race gas, then it would be even worse!!
------------Please ask questions first, dont just assume, to those who asked, thank you very much..
So are you both auto or manual? Have you been to a dyno? It doesn't make sense that your car would pull so much when it should put out at best around the same power. Are you sure your not running the regular software but getting boost creep do to the heavily reduced backpressure? That could account for a large boost in power.

Are we sure the other guy didn't forget to rev his engine to activate v2?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:42 PM   #27
oddjob2021
ASR Turbos+LSD+Meth= :D
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
wow very intresting, im getting catless dp's soon but have no where NEAR that boost level, maybe i should consider the xede? i mean i do live in south florida with AA!! lol what do you do for service intervals bimmermans54? take it out or leave it in?

2007 335i Coupe
Mods: Check the Garage
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:42 PM   #28
revah2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Well you got it about all wrong in the above statements:

Well first of all, I NEVER said the huge gains that WalkedU had over the v1.47 PRocede car was all v2.0
I said, "even if you say 1/2 of the difference was due to the DP's FMIC and exhaust, that still meant the v2.0 would of pulled 3 CL's over the v1.47 cars.

Second, Bimmerman doesn't have "small" modifications to his car.
Not only does he have the catless DP's, the exhaust, but also a set of plasma coils and a custom 18 psi boost map from AA according to that copy and paste from his own words.
That's not "small" modifications.

Bimmer's car is probably making 50-60 more hp than Gators.

I don't know exactly what your point was with your comments in this post.????
Find me where you said that. Are you really going to make me go look? Forget I even said anything
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #29
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Well in that case, you have a runner, or Gator's car is not doing something.
That differences in that race looked like the difference between a stock 335i and one with a piggyback.
There is clearly 50-60 rwhp difference there.

Something is strange.

Hit the drag strip and the dyno with your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #30
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Also, I made YESTERDAY 348rwhp, with 13.5lbs of boost. I will get the dyno with the boost and show it tomorrow. The dyno will show the rwhp, rwtq, and the boost.
Listen, AA provides an incredible product. Anyone can provide 17-18lbs of boost, but the turbos get maxed way before that, so whats the point. They dont do anything crazy, what they offer is rediculously fast, and reliable. So that the car lasts. Im going to go pick up the dyno right now, its a 30min drive one way, so Ill be back
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #31
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
I did pose questions, and it got the response we wanted to hear. Those quotes were in direct confilct to your first post in this thread and I am glad you have cleared it up.

I wish we could see dyno's for both cars.
If v2's are showing some dynos around 370whp and AA off the shelf tune around 330whp, where is all this power or lack of power happening (check my numbers cause they are just from memory)?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #32
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by revah2 View Post
Find me where you said that. Are you really going to make me go look? Forget I even said anything

Yes, you can look all you want.
I've actually said that in several posts. I'll bet you can find it in at least 2-3 minimum.
I recently posted it just in the last day or two as well.
Here' to save you from looking, here's the cut and paste quote from a post I made earlier.

***Cut and paste*** "I v1.47 335i jumped the e92 M3 by 1.5 CL in the M5Board test from 50-250 kmh recently only to be reeled in and passed by the e92 M3 (which one by 1-1.5 CL.
The v2.0 PROcede car pulled away from the get go and won by 5 CL.
So that's a difference of 6.5 CL.
True the v2.0 car had DP's (I believe) but even if you say that those DP's are worth 2-3 CL, then the v2.0 would still be 3 CL ahead of the v1.47 PROcede car.

And you can also look at Walked U's videos of racing 2 different v1.47 PROcede cars with his v2.0 car.
True he won both by numerous (probably 6-7+ CL) and he had a few more mods, but clearly FMIC and DP's aren't going to give you 6-7 CL.
At least 3-4 of those CL were because he had v2.0 and not v1.47" ***End cut and paste***

Why would you think otherwise that's the question??

I've been drag racing for years and know the benefits of a larger FMIC, catless DP's, custom exhausts, etc.
I would NEVER and have NEVER said those things are useless and that WalkedU's gains were simply from the v2.0
I did say that Shiv dynoed Walked U's car with the DP's and saw no gains, but again, I was just repeating what SHIV and WALKED U posted, not what I thought or believed.
You are delusional if you think I think that, or have ever said that.

Anyway, again, don't know where you are getting this idea about me or why you would even think that about me. But whatever.

Last edited by Driver72; 10-30-2007 at 07:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:47 PM   #33
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Also, I made YESTERDAY 348rwhp, with 13.5lbs of boost. I will get the dyno with the boost and show it tomorrow. The dyno will show the rwhp, rwtq, and the boost.
Listen, AA provides an incredible product. Anyone can provide 17-18lbs of boost, but the turbos get maxed way before that, so whats the point. They dont do anything crazy, what they offer is rediculously fast, and reliable. So that the car lasts. Im going to go pick up the dyno right now, its a 30min drive one way, so Ill be back
Then he must have had his v2 off, or something is very wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #34
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

damn 18 psi switch thats crazy!!! That video makes it look like you raced a 328!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #35
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Ok, I see in another post:

If you running a custom map with extra boost, have beat a 453whp E46 M3 stage 3, know AA like family, and own your own shop, it might not be a fair comparison to sflgator's off the shelf v2 tune with all 4 cats in place.

Any comments?

From: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...93#post1426693

+1

What octane were you using..?

And why not meet up for a Dyno day, and see what the difference is in HP between the two cars..?
I'm sure a FMIC and a more relaxed exhaust will have a huge advantage on cars with 2 turbos.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:49 PM   #36
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Cool, sounds good. From your original post you thought that exhaust mods did not make that much of a difference. The one dyno I saw of V2 was around 370whp, do you think sflgators car is running less than 348 whp with v2? That just sounds counter to what we have seen in the dyno posted here ,and the reports from Sweden's supercar shootout where the v2 car pulled on the new M3.

Did you baseline your car at stock on the dyno?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:49 PM   #37
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

look at all the people who get butthurt when they see a V2 car actually losing a race
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #38
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

I wish Gator chimes in on this because i need to hear it from him since he was the one that got beat that BAD!!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #39
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Listen V2 is not invincible, but looking at the videos, he got swamped...it was even a race
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #40
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant
Rep

If Im not mistaken, the v2 also claims to run 18lbs of boost. Even though the turbos are maxed out way before that, and how does AA know, they did months of testing on their own 335, and had trouble with the turbos, after boost of over 15lbs for a long period of time. That right there goes to show that they know what theyre talking about, what theyre doing and capable of. They would never sell something that damages a car in anyway...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:53 PM   #41
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
If Im not mistaken, the v2 also claims to run 18lbs of boost.
15lbs max
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:53 PM   #42
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Listen V2 is not invincible, but looking at the videos, he got swamped...it was even a race
im glad someone on this board actually knows that
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:53 PM   #43
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy nico View Post
look at all the people who get butthurt when they see a V2 car actually losing a race

No one is butthurt. I am trying to understand what is the difference here. He dyno's at 348whp but pull lengths on a v2 procede when we have seen 370whp out of a v2 procede and reports of v2 pulling on the new m3. The v2 would not have pulled on a new m3 with HP equivalent to 348hp. Something is strange and I am just trying to understand what it is. The video speaks for itself. I am not accusing anyone of anything. We would all benefit from knowing what happened and the variables in these two cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #44
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
It's called getting bitch-slapped.
Appreciate 0