E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > How do I keep Tan Floor Mats Clean??

04-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
bimmergirl
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 325i

How do I keep Tan Floor Mats Clean??

My interior is Tan & i have Tan floor mats. Thing is tan floor mats are already getting dirty. Is there a way to cover it without "uglifying" my car. I was thinking of getting the clear floor mats and putting them on top of the original mats. Does any one have a better solution. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
imageWIS
Audi Roamer…
Rep
Drives: 06' Audi A4 2.0T

Well, you could try hitting the soles of your shoes (flip flops, boots, what have you) against the floor before you enter your car, which should help loosen dirt from the bottom of your shoes. Also, regularly vacuuming and cleaning them will keep them looking great for years.

If you want to just make things easier, simply get the thinnest color-matching rubber floor mats you can find with the least amount of grooves / definition to them to minimize the ‘rubber floor mat’ look. The clear-rubber look reeks of ‘office cubicle’.

I personally prescribe to the former rather than the latter, even though when it rains in SoFLA shoes get awfully dirty…but I like the way floor mats look in their natural state.

Jon.

Sucker love is heaven sent.
You pucker up, our passion’s spent.
My hearts a tart, your body’s rent.
My body’s broken, yours is spent.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

I've heard lots of praise for the OEM rubber mats from people on here. I'm planning on getting them when my car gets home.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
no_exit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: R 1150 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghunger
I've heard lots of praise for the OEM rubber mats from people on here. I'm planning on getting them when my car gets home.
Yeah - I got the rubber mats and they are great. They are easy to clean and will never look ratty like the carpets mat do after a few months.
      04-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergirl
My interior is Tan & i have Tan floor mats. Thing is tan floor mats are already getting dirty. Is there a way to cover it without "uglifying" my car. I was thinking of getting the clear floor mats and putting them on top of the original mats. Does any one have a better solution. Thanks.
You mean you want some mats for your mats?

Where in the U.S. are you? What are you soiling the mats with? Dirt, snow, shoe scuffs?