E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335D - DPF Removed + Exhaust + IC + Some stg3 software

07-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #45
kcgman
Burning the midnight oil
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

DPF removed and black smoke

Yuck. Kind of makes me sad to think this could catch on.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #46
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
tiago this info I got was from the DOC in Germany, Wagner couldnt make a fix for the 335d since the 335i tubing would not match thats why they decided to scan it 3D and make one that is correctly and adpatable to our "D"s now remember although the same engine in Portugal its different tubing here in USA, maybe that is a factor but I doubt it cause the DOC is in Germany, dont know what to say on this
My friend said that the IC was a direct fit and in Portugal we have the same cars than all europe (except UK that is LHD). Wagner IC is massive compared to OEM and even the 335i need some trimming to make it fit properly.

Piping can't be consider as a problem because every auto shop has available silicone piping for all purposes: diameters, lenghts, curve angles, reducers...

Besides piping, my case was even worst to make it fit because it needed to change the IC inlet pipe from 45º to 0º angle (hard to find a good aluminium welder) and make new IC supports (to reuse the car supports for the oem IC). The piping was made in stainless steel 304 with 60mm OD and was only used small pieces of silicone piping for connections. This way provide maximum and fastest flow, and prevent the silicone baloon issue.

If you really want it, then go forward. I have it in my E61 535d and my friend in a E91 335d, and the 335i wagner IC it is a no brainer for a E9X 335d. Now if you want to listen people that don't went through the installation process and are only supposing, then is up to you.
      07-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #47
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

I will quote what 335dwagon said before:

"The 335i intercooler is 100% non compatible without major
Front end modifications."

It is not that i want to listen to people especially you, I am ever gratefull you went thru it but in my end I HAVE NO TIME to spend in a shop to get it done, I am a business man whom also represents US veterans (FULL TIME)and on top of that I STILL play baseball on Sundays. So to answer you question I WILL wait for the WAGNER IC, although Cx Racing has one I love the WAGNER OEM style!! Comprende!! Capiche!!Understand!! Gracias
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #48
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

It wasn't my intention to upset or ofende you. I bet that you have a busy life, but you also don't know mine to talk like that. About free times, you double my posts in just 1 year vs my almost 5 years of membership.

To others that are considering this mod, you shouldn't expect a oem fit with a aftermarket IC. All the IC surround plastics are made for the oem size, so you will always need to make some modifications in the front end - mainly trimming job to get room for a bigger IC. Make a little search (like i did) to all the threads about 335i FMIC install and you will realise that none is a direct fit: Wagner, HPF, Helix, AMS... All these need trimming job.

I confirmed again with my friend and he said that the IC fit in the oem supports and needed a very little trimming job. His car has M-Tech exterior package. The only modification it was in the piping that links with the turbo. He said that he solved with a samco connection (less that $50).
      07-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #49
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Dont worry amigo I did not try to offend u whatsover,I know you mean the best for all of us and yourself, true be it even the CxRacing IC for the "D" I believe needs to have the bumper trimmed a little that is why I really am considering the WAGNER since they scanned the OEM of 335dwagon at the shop and will deliver a new version upgrade for our "D"s. Lunch time amigos got to go
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 06:34 AM   #50
mistikempire
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 335d

Please can i just ask what do you do to keep your rear bumper clean lol

Mines is also a 335d, mapped, dpf removed, an the level of black smoke that comes out makes it impossible for me to keep my rear bumper clean!
      10-12-2015, 07:51 AM   #51
NC335d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
2006 Nissan Titan SE  [0.00]
2008 MB CLS550  [0.00]
2012 BMW X5 SAV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistikempire View Post
Please can i just ask what do you do to keep your rear bumper clean lol

Mines is also a 335d, mapped, dpf removed, an the level of black smoke that comes out makes it impossible for me to keep my rear bumper clean!
I also have an Alpine White and I feel your pain. I had the Ceramic Pro 9H system applied to my whole car a month ago, including 4 coats of it on the front and rear bumpers. I can now simply wipe the black soot off of the bumper without having to use anything else in between washes.

http://www.ceramicproamericas.com/productrange/
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #52
mistikempire
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC335d View Post
I also have an Alpine White and I feel your pain. I had the Ceramic Pro 9H system applied to my whole car a month ago, including 4 coats of it on the front and rear bumpers. I can now simply wipe the black soot off of the bumper without having to use anything else in between washes.

http://www.ceramicproamericas.com/productrange/
Thanks man il take alook now, as it seriously is a joke, its like the black smoke stains the paint an will not come off with a normal wash.
      10-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #53
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep

NC335d, that product looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

Question, how did you purchase the product? I went to their site and it looks like you have to fill out a form and then they get back to you with a "quote"?

Have you (or anyone else) used a comparable product and have any experiences to share?
      10-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #54
NC335d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
2008 MB CLS550  [0.00]
2012 BMW X5 SAV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIwyse View Post
NC335d, that product looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

Question, how did you purchase the product? I went to their site and it looks like you have to fill out a form and then they get back to you with a "quote"?

Have you (or anyone else) used a comparable product and have any experiences to share?
I was introduced to the product by my detailer. He is an installer for them and attended a training seminar to learn the application process. It took him close to 10 hours from start to finish to do my car and I had to let it sit for 72 hours to cure. He had to thoroughly clean and prep the car using a clay bar, buffer etc. prior to the application process.

This option was more attractive to me than applying the more expensive clear films etc. to the entire car. The total cost was $900 including a full interior detail, coating the calipers of the BBK and 2 sets of aftermarket wheels.

I will ask my detailer on the procurement process and PM you.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #55
NC335d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
2008 MB CLS550  [0.00]
2012 BMW X5 SAV  [0.00]
Quote:
I will quote what 335dwagon said before:

"The 335i intercooler is 100% non compatible without major
Front end modifications."

It is not that i want to listen to people especially you, I am ever gratefull you went thru it but in my end I HAVE NO TIME to spend in a shop to get it done, I am a business man whom also represents US veterans (FULL TIME)and on top of that I STILL play baseball on Sundays. So to answer you question I WILL wait for the WAGNER IC, although Cx Racing has one I love the WAGNER OEM style!! Comprende!! Capiche!!Understand!! Gracias
I am currently running the Wagner FMIC. But after a trip to the track this weekend it became obvious that the particular setup that I am running is not sufficient enough utilizing OEM parts when running 40 lbs. of boost at WOT. I initially considered the 7" VRSF FMIC but settled on the CX Racing FMIC for the 335i. The CX Racing FMIC for the 335d is no longer available.

Don't get me wrong, the Wagner FMIC is a good product. When comparing What_A_D's dynographs to mine their was a notable difference between my car and his when tested. He had exactly the same upgrades as I did, tune, downpipe, same exhaust etc., sans the Wagner FMIC.

The guys at BPC are going to customer fabricate the hard piping to ensure proper fitment and eliminate the weaknesses associated with the OEM fittings along with doing away with the Forge charge pipe. I should get the IC in by the end of the week and have it installed and running by next Wednesday. I will post pictures and results as they become available.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #56
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
... I initially considered the 7" VRSF FMIC but settled on the CX Racing FMIC for the 335i. ...

The guys at BPC are going to customer fabricate the hard piping to ensure proper fitment and eliminate the weaknesses associated with the OEM fittings along with doing away with the Forge charge pipe. I should get the IC in by the end of the week and have it installed and running by next Wednesday. I will post pictures and results as they become available.
Will be interested to see what this looks like.

I went with the VRSF 5" stepped IC for the 335i. It fit into place real nice. But it did involve some custom interface work on the in/out of the IC.
      10-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #57
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Quote:
I am currently running the Wagner FMIC. But after a trip to the track this weekend it became obvious that the particular setup that I am running is not sufficient enough utilizing OEM parts when running 40 lbs. of boost at WOT. I initially considered the 7" VRSF FMIC but settled on the CX Racing FMIC for the 335i. The CX Racing FMIC for the 335d is no longer available.

Don't get me wrong, the Wagner FMIC is a good product. When comparing What_A_D's dynographs to mine their was a notable difference between my car and his when tested. He had exactly the same upgrades as I did, tune, downpipe, same exhaust etc., sans the Wagner FMIC.

Amigo sorry i came a little harsh on you, I wish you the best, car has been running great, what intrigues me is that OEM hoses haven't failed as of yet. Well I'll check them once we do the Snow performance Meth kit until next time my friend
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #58
NC335d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
2008 MB CLS550  [0.00]
2012 BMW X5 SAV  [0.00]
Quote:
Amigo sorry i came a little harsh on you, I wish you the best, car has been running great, what intrigues me is that OEM hoses haven't failed as of yet. Well I'll check them once we do the Snow performance Meth kit until next time my friend
Amigo, no offence taken at all. The purpose of this forum is to share our real word experiences, knowledge and resources with the other members without prejudice and fear of degradation. This is an excellent community of auto enthusiasts that I am proud to be a part of.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #59
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Gracias compadre
Appreciate 0