E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Servicing my new CPO 335i… suspicious noises, questionable performance

08-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
e-fer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sport, Jet Black

Servicing my new CPO 335i… suspicious noises, questionable performance

I just bought a 2007 335i CPO. After driving the car for about 1,500 since bought, I’ve noticed a few things that look suspiciously not right (I listed them below).

I’ve been reading the forum and some of the known 335i issues seems not to have been taken care of in my car. BMW gave me all the maintenance records and there is nothing recorded other than regular maintenance stuff. Maybe someone can point me out on what action to take (re: having BMW fix it under warranty) or if any of these symptoms below are related to any of the known problems.

1-Metal rattling noise, most noticeable when cold, coming from the center of the car. (waste gates?).
I hear the noise coming from under the car, but that may be because noise propagates better through the floor than the noise-isolated cabin.

2-Low torque in 1st gear, it only start pushing in 2nd gear (turbo lag due ECU SW version?). It only takes its 335i personality in 2nd gear.

3- No service done to the HPFP, should I wait for it to fail or seek proactive replacement.

4- Cracking noise on front seats. It sounds like an old wooden boat docked at the lake.

What do you bimmerfans think?... Should I take to the dealer and have them do what?

Thanks in advance for your inputs!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
red.66mustang
Black.e90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 M3, 6MT, Carbon Blk/Cinnamn

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-fer View Post
4- Cracking noise on front seats. It sounds like an old wooden boat docked at the lake.
My 325 CPO has the same thing. The drivers did it first and had it fixed last year by the dealer on the invoice it said that they lubed the tracks and where the gears where the seat backs recline. No problems. Now my passenger seat is doing it, just been too lazy to have it brought in. Make sure you demonstrate the noise first hand to tech or SA or they will tell you that they can't replicate it and give you a run around.

To be honest in the last few days I have had a bad taste of BMW's CPO, after I took my car in for a rear suspension problem last week they told me that it looks like my suspension has been replaced and that it for sure has been wrecked in the rear before. I thought avoiding this kind of thing was the reason for buying CPO?