E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Vinyl Roof Wrap

03-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #45
Jason_e92
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Jason, what time is your appointment? I have Saturday at noon.
I got an appointment for 11, I guess I will see you there. lol
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #46
E92Dizzle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335xi 2 dr

Hey Everyone,

I'm going to check this place out this Saturday around 2pm.

I'm going to get the CF wrap done, I'll post pics when its finished!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #47
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalidian View Post
Wolf, they did mention that they've done the window trim before on bmw's but they didn't say anything about the price to get it done.
Thanks man.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #48
Armito
Nai re!
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 - Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Can GTA Wrapz do the aluminum trim around the windows?

If yes does anyone know how much they charge?
Quoted 250
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #49
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Dayyumm just for window trim that's a lot.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #50
E92Dizzle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335xi 2 dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFonseka View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm going to check this place out this Saturday around 2pm.

I'm going to get the CF wrap done, I'll post pics when its finished!
Sorry Guys, I had to cancel the appt...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #51
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep

I booked an appt next wednesday to get my windows tinted by these guys. They offered the best price I've seen so far and they're closest to my place. They did a good job on the roof wrap too so I'll give them a shot. Will post feedback and pics when it's done.

Black roof with 100% windows looks awful lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #52
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

You should inquire what kind of tint do they use and do they remove door panels when installing tint.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #53
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep

They said they use Llumar tint and they do not remove door panels. Also lifetime warranty and quoted $160 for the job. I'll see how it goes.

Last edited by Kalidian; 03-08-2013 at 06:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #54
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep

Got my windows tinted at GTA Wrapz today, here are some quick before/after shots for those who are interested. The tint is 15% all-around, didn't touch the windshield. The roof wrap was done there as well about 2 weeks prior. I'll post a review afterwards below for the tint job.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #55
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep

GTA Wrapz window tint review

General Points:
- Job took 2 hours as quoted, but work started 30 min late
- He told me in an email inquery that they used Llumar tint, but the actual brand used was SLP Solar Film; he said they ran out of Llumar film, but still offered the lifetime warranty on it so I agreed
- Caught some attitude lol... huge negative for me personally
- They had one guy to do their window tinting. Films are manually (not digitally) cut to fitment
- Tint isn't perfect - details and pics below
- Overall it was average - not stellar.

Did a quick search when I got there and found that they were using another brand than quoted. The SLP brand faired okay on interweb reviews and they still offered the lifetime warranty for peeling, bubbling, and corrections so I went with it.

Since nobody (that I could find) had ever had their windows tinted there, I wanted to watch the guy work for reviewing purposes but said I made him nervous, was afraid he'd somehow whip around and cut me with his knife, and tried to insist that I leave lol..

The job took 2 hours from start to finish as quoted, and in the garage it looked pretty good. No major problems and didn't damage/scratch anything doing the job a part from a few minor interior dirt stains which a MF cloth took out easily afterwards.

When I brought it home though I noticed the rear tint had bubbled up at the edges where the dot matrix is. I know these areas are a pita to tint and I kind of expected that to happen but it's a negative.

I also noticed a small bubble on the front side window near the edge. It was very minor and I managed to mostly press it out with a credit card but it's still there and noticeable (to me). Pics below.

It might be the cold weather, I'll probably take it back to be corrected when it gets warmer. But that's a pita.

I'll see how it holds up in the following few months. Overall, I wouldn't really recommend anyone looking for a tint to go to these guys, unless you're really tightening the purse strings (they only charge $160) and aren't an OCD perfectionist. The lifetime warranty is great and reassuring for imperfections but it's still a bit of a pain to have to go back later.

Overall, 7/10.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #56
Bram335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335 AW

I believe those bubbles are normal on a fresh tint. Give it 2-4 days in this weather for it to settle in - stop touching it with your credit card, you'll ruin it.
I got my roof done from them as well - after looking at it closely now, I'm not overly happy with the way Shark Fin turned out but for the price I paid, I can't complain.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #57
vigu360
Rep
Drives: e90 lci AW f26 x4 MR

I have a AW e90 and trying to decide whether carbon fiber roof or gloss black roof will look good...

I am thinking to go carbon fiber just wondering whether it would blend well like the gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #58
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Just go back to them and have them take care of those imperfections on the tint. It's normal.

You should have waited for them to get Llumar.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #59
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Bubbles in tint are normal in the beggining . Wait about a week or 2 and they should go away. Don't try to push them away otherwise it can damage the tint.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #60
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep

Yea I noticed on the sharkfin there's an edge along one side but it's gloss black and so it's difficult to notice unless you're up close at a certain angle in a certain light or unless you touch it, so I don't mind it at all.

vigu360, I also have an AW E90 and I went with the gloss black roof (because it seems CF is so overdone lol) - and I'm 1000% satisfied with the way it turned out. Gloss black maintains an element of classiness and sportiness imo lol. and I think it's something you'll never get sick of.. the CF print/texture, iunno. I'd also recommend going for the side rail wraps too to maintain that clean line between the roof and front/rear windows.

When it gets warmer in the spring if the bubbles are still present I'll take it back to touch it up.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #61
vigu360
Rep

I initially decided to do CB but gloss black is growing on me. I have to see in person how the materials look to decide. Black roof without tint looks odd. I need to get a 15% tint as well. I am ordering M3 sedan spoiler which I plan to wrap in CB or gloss black depending on what I go for the roof.

The perks of Vinyl is down the road if I am getting bored I can always change to gloss black.

Quote:
vigu360, I also have an AW E90 and I went with the gloss black roof (because it seems CF is so overdone lol) - and I'm 1000% satisfied with the way it turned out. Gloss black maintains an element of classiness and sportiness imo lol. and I think it's something you'll never get sick of.. the CF print/texture, iunno. I'd also recommend going for the side rail wraps too to maintain that clean line between the roof and front/rear windows.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #62
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep

Haha yea I ran crystal clear windows with a black roof for a good 2 weeks and it really bothered me. I was also looking into a trunk lip spoiler, and was debating between gloss black and CF (we're like twins bro lol)... but decided that I would need to get the mtech rear to go with it first since a random black strip on the all-white rear of my car would look off, and not sure if a white trunk lip would be so subtle and unnoticable as to not justify the cost and hassle.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #63
Flyingz
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i

Quote:
GTA Wrapz window tint review

General Points:
- Job took 2 hours as quoted, but work started 30 min late
- He told me in an email inquery that they used Llumar tint, but the actual brand used was SLP Solar Film; he said they ran out of Llumar film, but still offered the lifetime warranty on it so I agreed
- Caught some attitude lol... huge negative for me personally
- They had one guy to do their window tinting. Films are manually (not digitally) cut to fitment
- Tint isn't perfect - details and pics below
- Overall it was average - not stellar.

Did a quick search when I got there and found that they were using another brand than quoted. The SLP brand faired okay on interweb reviews and they still offered the lifetime warranty for peeling, bubbling, and corrections so I went with it.

Since nobody (that I could find) had ever had their windows tinted there, I wanted to watch the guy work for reviewing purposes but said I made him nervous, was afraid he'd somehow whip around and cut me with his knife, and tried to insist that I leave lol..

The job took 2 hours from start to finish as quoted, and in the garage it looked pretty good. No major problems and didn't damage/scratch anything doing the job a part from a few minor interior dirt stains which a MF cloth took out easily afterwards.

When I brought it home though I noticed the rear tint had bubbled up at the edges where the dot matrix is. I know these areas are a pita to tint and I kind of expected that to happen but it's a negative.

I also noticed a small bubble on the front side window near the edge. It was very minor and I managed to mostly press it out with a credit card but it's still there and noticeable (to me). Pics below.

It might be the cold weather, I'll probably take it back to be corrected when it gets warmer. But that's a pita.

I'll see how it holds up in the following few months. Overall, I wouldn't really recommend anyone looking for a tint to go to these guys, unless you're really tightening the purse strings (they only charge $160) and aren't an OCD perfectionist. The lifetime warranty is great and reassuring for imperfections but it's still a bit of a pain to have to go back later.

Overall, 7/10.
I also recently got my roof done, basically you get what you pay for... they don't do the best work and don't really care for the car. If you are OCD about your vehicle I would avoid getting work done at GTA Wrapz. I am not sure I want to keep the roof wrapped as it isn't as good as I expected. The DIY on here is much more thorough and I would probably attempt that before I get my roof wrapped here. I also sensed attitude when I wanted to watch the work being done on my vehicle. For tints I highly recommend Auto-links as they have computer cut tints and are very similar in pricing.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #64
vigu360
Rep

Where did you get your tail light overlays? I am looking to get one ..

Quote:
Haha yea I ran crystal clear windows with a black roof for a good 2 weeks and it really bothered me. I was also looking into a trunk lip spoiler, and was debating between gloss black and CF (we're like twins bro lol)... but decided that I would need to get the mtech rear to go with it first since a random black strip on the all-white rear of my car would look off, and not sure if a white trunk lip would be so subtle and unnoticable as to not justify the cost and hassle.

Last edited by vigu360; 03-15-2013 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #65
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingz View Post
I also recently got my roof done, basically you get what you pay for... they don't do the best work and don't really care for the car. If you are OCD about your vehicle I would avoid getting work done at GTA Wrapz. I am not sure I want to keep the roof wrapped as it isn't as good as I expected. The DIY on here is much more thorough and I would probably attempt that before I get my roof wrapped here. I also sensed attitude when I wanted to watch the work being done on my vehicle. For tints I highly recommend Auto-links as they have computer cut tints and are very similar in pricing.
That's surprising, my experience was much better. Of course with a DIY you'd spend more time and be more careful, resulting in a better job .
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #66
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigu360 View Post
Where did you get your tail light overlays? I am looking to get one ..
I originally did them myself but there were a few wrinkles and I had the guy correct them at GTA Wrapz while they did my roof.

I think they did a pretty good job on my roof, it turned out really well and I'm happy with it. My one and only complaint was about them snapping one of the small black clips for the side rail but it's not a huge deal. I probably would've broken like 5 of them if I DIY'd lol.

Agreed though next time I need a new window tint I'm not going back there. Auto-links or I hear good things about Audio Heaven too. But with my E90 since I've already gotten it done there I'll go back as needed with the lifetime warranty coverage. For future wrap jobs, I'd consider them since I personally had a good experience with the roof wrap.
Appreciate 0