E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > New E90 pre LCI 325d M Sport owner here, with a few questions.

09-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Nothing atm

New E90 pre LCI 325d M Sport owner here, with a few questions.

With the wealth of knowledge in these forums i wanted to put out a few questions..I'm sure the answers are probably out there already but I've spent way to long searching threads already only to get confused with contradicting info.

1) I'm running 19" 230 BBS sport twist OEM alloys on standard M Sport suspension. The ride is hard almost bone shakingly in the back. Are there any spring upgrades that are available which will improve the harshness without making it bounce like a washing machine around corners? I don't mind if it sits lower by 20 to 30mm. Once my existing tyres are worn, i'm planning to switch to NON RFT's.

2) Headlights - I appear to have xenon headlamps without angel eyes. What do folks do that want both? fit LCI headlamps with xenons and angel eyes or can you buy halo angel eyes and use some kind of HID kit to add the Xenon feature? Don't want to pay £1000 for two xenon+angel eye headlamps so what are the options?

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Shane.
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d M Sport

Garage List
non runflats will sort that out for u,
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shane- View Post
non runflats will sort that out for u,
Thanks Shane,

they're currently 255/30/19's RFT'S, so getting the same size in non RFT would make all the difference?

Do you know if there are any good springs which would lower the car slightly, i'm just looking for that 20 to 30mm without compromising the handling that the M sport suspension offers. Don't want to spend a fortune on Coilovers.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
DuckySpud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Touring

The Eibach Pro springs seem to be a popular choice. Think they only drop around 30mm over standard springs, so probably only 15mm or so more than msport... think the biggest change would be changing to standard tires rather than run flats though.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckySpud View Post
The Eibach Pro springs seem to be a popular choice. Think they only drop around 30mm over standard springs, so probably only 15mm or so more than msport... think the biggest change would be changing to standard tires rather than run flats though.
Cool, thanks..I've read a few bad reviews about Eibach Pro Springs, Do you know of anyone who's got them on? 1st hand experience always helps make the choice.
Appreciate 0