E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Check Engine Light

10-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
ReD-DaWg-OnE
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3

Check Engine Light

Hey guys I picked up a 335d for the gf a couple of months ago, it has about 91k miles on it now and we were coming home from a 300 mile drive and the SES light came on.

I pulled out my bluetooth OBD reader and these are the codes that I get.

P0638 - Powertrain
Throttle Actuator Control Range/Performance (Bank 1)

P0425 - Powertrain
Catalyst Temperate Sensor (Bank 1)

I read something about a turbo actuator for one of the codes, what do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Red better wish it isnt that bad otherwise your going to pay some dinero to get them fixed!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

what tool are you using? generic code readers have a tendency to output generic codes which might not be right. BMW codes are hexadecimal and they dont pop out in the generic "Pxxxx" format. Unfortunately without the actual hex codes it can be pretty tough to figure out what is what since something like "P0425 - Powertrain - Catalyst Temperate Sensor (Bank 1)" might be a Nox sensor, or a EGT sensor or another sensor relating to catalyst efficiency or temperature where as the hex code will read out the actual sensor it is referring to. Ive run into this problem a bunch on other cars relying on the generic reader output and the FSM has a completely different code meaning. Is there a conversion back to hex code by any chance that anyone knows of?
Appreciate 0