E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Who's going to Vegas EDC 2011???

05-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #23
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
Am I missing something?

I wiki'd PLUR - so basically you guys don't roll at these things?
Drugs are for losers who live at home in their parents basements. We are professionals.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #24
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Drugs are for losers who live at home in their parents basements. We are professionals.
professional...............?
      05-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #25
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
haha too bad half the people there don't care for PLUR
what do you mean half? more like only 15-30% are PLUR now. the energy is way different than even 1-2 years ago. EDC 2009 was still the best for me. i was a complete n00b then but it was magical. i used to feel the synergy at least once during the night but the last handful of events i've been to in the past year have left me sorely disappointed. the feeling's gone.

Quote:
I blame mexico

I'm hoping the move to vegas decreases the mexican turnout. OTOH, it'll just bring the trash from surrounding vegas. I'm hoping the high prices slightly decrease the trash turnout.
i don't really bitch at price anymore. i see it as a trash filter now. much rather deal with rich douchbags than poor scumbag that wants to steal my shit. it's all the people hopping the fence and shit that F things up. that's how you get 13 years olds and strapped drug dealers. last year's EDC speech to all the races to stop fucking shit up was hilarious though.

btw i'm kind of worried cause this is in nevada. don't even want to think about what will happen if you get busted for... well anything really.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #26
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
what do you mean half? more like only 15-30% are PLUR now. the energy is way different than even 1-2 years ago. EDC 2009 was still the best for me. i was a complete n00b then but it was magical. i used to feel the synergy at least once during the night but the last handful of events i've been to in the past year have left me sorely disappointed. the feeling's gone.

i don't really bitch at price anymore. i see it as a trash filter now. much rather deal with rich douchbags than poor scumbag that wants to steal my shit. it's all the people hopping the fence and shit that F things up. that's how you get 13 years olds and strapped drug dealers. last year's EDC speech to all the races to stop fucking shit up was hilarious though.

btw i'm kind of worried cause this is in nevada. don't even want to think about what will happen if you get busted for... well anything really.
I'm with you. I hope the prices act as a trash filter. The speech was funny and who was it, lil john telling everybody to fuck themselves for hopping the fences?

Last year was magical for me. Just epic. 1 in a 100k people, one mindset. But it just seriously disappoints me these days that my biggest fear is some fucken douche stealing my wallet in a crowd. I want to carry a money clip with just cash, credit card, insurance, and ID. I'm scared I'll lose the clip though. I keep my wallet in my front pocket because I just dont trust most of the people.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #27
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Am I missing something?

so.... Peace Love Unity Respect = drugs? yes i believe everything i read on wiki too. -___-
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #28
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Am I missing something?

i always thought the music was supposed to be the "drug" haha

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #29
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm with you. I hope the prices act as a trash filter. The speech was funny and who was it, lil john telling everybody to fuck themselves for hopping the fences?

Last year was magical for me. Just epic. 1 in a 100k people, one mindset. But it just seriously disappoints me these days that my biggest fear is some fucken douche stealing my wallet in a crowd. I want to carry a money clip with just cash, credit card, insurance, and ID. I'm scared I'll lose the clip though. I keep my wallet in my front pocket because I just dont trust most of the people.
that's what i miss man.... i don't feel that anymore. maybe a tiny bit for EDC last year, but that was it; a tiny bit. before i would almost get an epiphany. i would look around and see light shows and dancing and everyone all into it around me and beyond; then come to a sudden realization that i'm here with everyone having fun. We are all here for the same purpose. if there is a single thing i miss, it is that feeling.

i would much rather have some type of wallet than clip. something easier to detect in your pocket and harder to lose track of. i usually lose something every event i go to; be it cigs, money, sunglasses, etc.

as long as i don't lose my wallet/keys/phone. nearly everything else is expendable.

i think it was lil jon giving the speech. but i think will i am also gave a speech. EVERYONE was rowdy at that time, ya feel me? were you at main stage last year? we got in main dance stage at like 2pm and never left. so i pretty much saw all the crazy that happened that day.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #30
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
i always thought the music was supposed to be the "drug" haha
the music is addicting.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #31
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Also, last year I went with some Asian friends and it was just strange. There was a group of probably 50 of them. Big white haters. The dudes all gave me the cold shoulder. Couple of the girls were nice but most just ignored me. It was like I was there alone. Kinda sucked for a minute. Luckily a couple of the dudes were badass and chilled and then I met some random white chick who was cold and needed help keeping warm. But I'm just not a fan of that sorta shit.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #32
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:

you should have seen how it was in 06 - 07. Some of the best raves i've been to in my life. EDC 09 was what made me realize how bad it has become. Too many people that dont give a shit about music show up on drugs n fuck it up for everyone else

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #33
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
that's what i miss man.... i don't feel that anymore. maybe a tiny bit for EDC last year, but that was it; a tiny bit. before i would almost get an epiphany. i would look around and see light shows and dancing and everyone all into it around me and beyond; then come to a sudden realization that i'm here with everyone having fun. We are all here for the same purpose. if there is a single thing i miss, it is that feeling.

i would much rather have some type of wallet than clip. something easier to detect in your pocket and harder to lose track of. i usually lose something every event i go to; be it cigs, money, sunglasses, etc.

as long as i don't lose my wallet/keys/phone. nearly everything else is expendable.

i think it was lil jon giving the speech. but i think will i am also gave a speech. EVERYONE was rowdy at that time, ya feel me? were you at main stage last year? we got in main dance stage at like 2pm and never left. so i pretty much saw all the crazy that happened that day.
First day I got down to the field at I think 4 or 5ish. It was still open for a while. Stayed on the field for the whole day/night when we got on. It was some poor planning with the no reentrance and having no portapoties down on the field. I pissed on the wall behind the water tent so many times.

Second day we were in the stands and walking around. I want to explore more this year and check out some of the other stuff going on. I'm trying to condense a pretty big group of people this year, hopefully it works out. Also hoping that the main stage has room for everybody who wants to be there. Not that sit in the stands BS.

I'm hoping this year is epic. I'll be with people I like. Hopefully meet more awesome people. I'm a lot more social at these events than I used to be but it really depends on the event. There was no PLUR at TAO. Everybody was full of douche.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #34
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Also, last year I went with some Asian friends and it was just strange. There was a group of probably 50 of them. Big white haters. The dudes all gave me the cold shoulder. Couple of the girls were nice but most just ignored me. It was like I was there alone. Kinda sucked for a minute. Luckily a couple of the dudes were badass and chilled and then I met some random white chick who was cold and needed help keeping warm. But I'm just not a fan of that sorta shit.
that sounds hella fun. haven't went with a big group yet. usually just 5-10 friends. i'll know other people going but usually don't run into them or only see them for a little. never had an asian crew. would like to experience that. i think i'll be able to fit in... mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
you should have seen how it was in 06 - 07. Some of the best raves i've been to in my life. EDC 09 was what made me realize how bad it has become. Too many people that dont give a shit about music show up on drugs n fuck it up for everyone else
i hear it's like a 5 year or so cycle. in another couple years after it dies down it will be cool again. maybe i'll go back and go to an event then, maybe not though. lol. i feel old doing this ish now.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #35
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

I've had my share of rollin, gotta do 3 days clean this year. Well ok, if alcohol counts as "clean" lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #36
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
First day I got down to the field at I think 4 or 5ish. It was still open for a while. Stayed on the field for the whole day/night when we got on. It was some poor planning with the no reentrance and having no portapoties down on the field. I pissed on the wall behind the water tent so many times.

Second day we were in the stands and walking around. I want to explore more this year and check out some of the other stuff going on. I'm trying to condense a pretty big group of people this year, hopefully it works out. Also hoping that the main stage has room for everybody who wants to be there. Not that sit in the stands BS.

I'm hoping this year is epic. I'll be with people I like. Hopefully meet more awesome people. I'm a lot more social at these events than I used to be but it really depends on the event. There was no PLUR at TAO. Everybody was full of douche.
it's going to be crowded and space at main is always pretty limited. that's one thing i miss too, walking around to explore. i explored edc 2009 and that was awesome. freaking carnival rides man! but then later my friends and i prioritized music over that stuff.

TAO was the worst experience of my life. srsly. my group almost left early because it was so oppressing.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #37
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
so.... Peace Love Unity Respect = drugs? yes i believe everything i read on wiki too. -___-
I said you don't roll, dummy.

PLUR = no drugs

am I still wrong?
      05-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #38
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
it's going to be crowded and space at main is always pretty limited. that's one thing i miss too, walking around to explore. i explored edc 2009 and that was awesome. freaking carnival rides man! but then later my friends and i prioritized music over that stuff.

TAO was the worst experience of my life. srsly. my group almost left early because it was so oppressing.
The show at TAO was great but everything else sucked. I gave up and found my self a sick spot in the back overlooking the whole crowd and chilled there for the whole night. This year I want to go on carnival rides. I'm hoping that the stage is in the infield of the nascar track and that its come and go as you please. Hopefully they'll be more than enough room for everything.

The asians were boring too. All they wanted to do was sit in fucken cuddlepuddles. I like to move around and dance and get my fucken feelin on. Theres nothing fun about being in a group of 150k people and being antisocial and sitting on the floor in the middle of a crowd. F that shit.

Seeing marcus schulz tomorrow. Bringing a girl and meeting up with a group of people that I'm going to EDC with. Havent been to a show with them so hopefully itll be fun and hopefully the girl wont get freaked out. Its her first event.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #39
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
I said you don't roll, dummy.

PLUR = no drugs

am I still wrong?
Fuck drugs. Its about the beat. Vocals that make you hard. Friends. And titttays.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #40
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Fuck drugs. Its about the beat. Vocals that make you hard. Friends. And titttays.
okay
      05-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #41
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is

Wow this thread makes me feel old.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #42
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

wish i was goin :\
      05-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #43
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHegeRm View Post
Wow this thread makes me feel old.
Is just being old not enough these days?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #44
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is

Quote:
Is just being old not enough these days?
Guess not, first electronic party BassRush 2000!

At 30 I just can't see myself attending the big ones.
Appreciate 0