E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Thoughts on 330I in VT w/ blizzaks vs. 330XI

03-23-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

Thoughts on 330I in VT w/ blizzaks vs. 330XI

I know this topic has been compared many times before, just wondering what the New England people think of this.
Someone who lives in Burlington, Vt is interested in buying my car as a daily driver, I told them I have HR sport springs and told them I drive up to Sugarloaf to go skiing but, also I am comfortable enough to take the DSC off in order to gain enough speed up some hills.
I've had some issues in the past with my winter tires on hills, if I am at a complete stop and have to start out again. Anyone have Blizzaks on 17" rims and have snow driving experience?
I already told him he should drive a 330xi but, he doesn't want to lose the sporty handling/feel. Any links to good videos of both cars in snow?
Thanks
      03-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

A lot depends on skills/experience.

But I've both AWD and none AWD with snow tires in different conditions and hands down AWD+snow tires =awesome.

My old car was a WRX with 17in blizzak LM25s and I drive during the middle of the blizzard of 06 PASSING all the highway plows

my current car a 335XI has Dunlop Winter Sport 3Ds and they do well, not as well as blizzaks in snow but when its dry to rainy they are better.
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

its lookin like I won't have my 330i after next week, this person is very interested in my car and they will have a jeep for the winter now. Its hard to want to get rid of my car but, I don't use it enough to justify the payment.