E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Solo Werks S1 coilover review (e92)

03-01-2021, 10:00 AM   #23
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 (Beam)

The blue part is nylon. Which is turn makes that nut a nylon locking nut. Run it through. I do not remember the size. Watch the E C S how to video on KW coilovers. Show's the whole install.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 02:22 PM   #24
ichibanset
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 09 e90 335i

Thanks! Ended up purchasing Swaben 22mm strut nut socket!
      07-28-2021, 12:54 PM   #25
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm still happy with my purchase. Only about 1200 miles on them though since I don't drive this car much. All around great setup for someone looking for plenty of adjustment and near stock feeling.
Attached Images

Last edited by Yotaismygame; 07-28-2021 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 10:37 AM   #26
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 08:13 PM   #27
Xtremeboofer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

Nice looking BMW Yotaismygame

I have had the Solowerks on for about 30K miles and I'm thinking it's about time for something new. This was my first foray into coilovers and lowering my e90. Back then I sat em low, top of the tire inline with the fender lip, and the ride was bouncier than a stock setup. But I had fun and the description of OEM sport stock plus seems apt.

These days the ride is really floaty and it seems loose at high speeds (170K miles). Sometimes I get knocks when the steering wheel is at full lock. Though, I won't know for sure if its just the shocks causing me issues, or the rest of the suspension setup; the other suspension components looked okay when I installed the Solowerks a while ago. I predict my issues are multiple parts, but I intend to get it on some jacks to verify.

Anyone got an idea on how Solowerks compare to some of the more well known brands? In case I decide to replace..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 12:58 PM   #28
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremeboofer View Post
Nice looking BMW Yotaismygame

I have had the Solowerks on for about 30K miles and I'm thinking it's about time for something new. This was my first foray into coilovers and lowering my e90. Back then I sat em low, top of the tire inline with the fender lip, and the ride was bouncier than a stock setup. But I had fun and the description of OEM sport stock plus seems apt.

These days the ride is really floaty and it seems loose at high speeds (170K miles). Sometimes I get knocks when the steering wheel is at full lock. Though, I won't know for sure if its just the shocks causing me issues, or the rest of the suspension setup; the other suspension components looked okay when I installed the Solowerks a while ago. I predict my issues are multiple parts, but I intend to get it on some jacks to verify.

Anyone got an idea on how Solowerks compare to some of the more well known brands? In case I decide to replace..

Interesting. Bouncy is not the word I would use to describe them at all. Bouncy too me is ebay coilovers on a 92 honda civic. Being part of the KW family I doubt they would be similar to the KW V1's. My guess is they are less harsh. Thanks for posting.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 12:00 PM   #29
bmwvenir
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 328i coupe

Big question coilivers

Euro collective has a coilover very identical to solo werks. What do you guys think about this?? [IMG][/IMG]. I just refreshed my entire suspension with sachs sport struts and shocks and I want to go low again. Good thing I have fcp euro to return the struts and shocks to get my money back.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 02:08 PM   #30
andrewbr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Coupe

How good can a full suspension kit possibly be for $409? I have the SW coilovers on my car (came with it, PO installed) and they've been good enough, although mine are probably getting worn by now, but it's very clear where they cut costs (the adjusters, especially on the rear, are shit). If you're budget conscious I'd either get a quality set of shocks only, or save up the extra for the known-quantity SoloWerks set.

Edit: let me be clear, for $600 the SoloWerks coilovers are pretty great. Even with plastic parts I don't know how they can possibly cost that little and not be a total POS. If you want a budget suspension option that involves lowering that's what I'd go for.

Last edited by andrewbr; 10-03-2022 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 04:09 PM   #31
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwvenir View Post
Euro collective has a coilover very identical to solo werks. What do you guys think about this?? [IMG][/IMG]. I just refreshed my entire suspension with sachs sport struts and shocks and I want to go low again. Good thing I have fcp euro to return the struts and shocks to get my money back.
You can't return your used shocks for a refund. The way FCP works is if they're blown, you buy another set then when you return the originals, they'll refund the new order. It's only a replacement, not a return.
Appreciate 0