E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > 335iS Thread - [ Owners Only ]

01-03-2015, 03:14 AM   #3477
marsflis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iArchitect View Post
I've enjoyed every minute of this car, but it MAY be going up for sale soon...

EXTERIOR
Carbon Fiber CPS Lip
M3 Rep Side Skirts
Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Extensions
Cyba 4.0 Dry Carbon Fiber Tips
BMW OEM Gloss Black Kidney Grill
Painted Side Markers
BMW OEM 19” M359 wheels, custom powder coated Speedway Grey, 40% gloss
Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tires, 235/35/19 and 265/30/19
Sonic Tuning S1 Coilovers
Rear Fenders Rolled
Medium tinted tails
35% tint all around, windshield included
Painted brake calipers, silver

ENGINE
JB4 G5
DCI
Cyba Air Scoops, black
ER Charge Pipe
VRSF Catless dp’s, ceramic coated
VRSF 5” FMIC
BMS Oil Catch Can

Absolutely clean and beautiful ride bro!!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #3478
335iArchitect
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3, ZCP, 6mt, LeMans

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsflis View Post
Absolutely clean and beautiful ride bro!!
Appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #3479
335iArchitect
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3, ZCP, 6mt, LeMans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Your ride is an absolute beaut! Have you ever had rubbing issues with your wheel fitment? I'm assuming despite the coilovers you are running stock camber setup up front?

Cheers
Thank you! Yep, stock camber. No issues in the front, and the fender roll prevents rubbing in the rear. Although, on large dips I get mild rubbing on the rear passenger, but it's only rubbing against the fender liner, not the body panel.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #3480
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #3481
marsflis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

One vid I made the other night, still stock and loving the car

http://youtu.be/4xlIYfnsWmk
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 10:07 AM   #3482
marsflis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ damn idk why I can't get the youtube link to show on the post?? any can help?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 10:06 PM   #3483
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:

EXTERIOR
Carbon Fiber CPS Lip
M3 Rep Side Skirts
Painted Side Markers
Rear Fenders Rolled
Medium tinted tails

ENGINE
JB4 G5
DCI
Cyba Air Scoops, black
ER Charge Pipe
VRSF 5” FMIC
BMS Oil Catch Can
      01-04-2015, 01:39 AM   #3484
///ADMAN
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ damn idk why I can't get the youtube link to show on the post?? any can help?

01-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #3485
marsflis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ADMAN View Post
thanks bud
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 11:04 AM   #3486
JF335is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowhat
Anyone have pics of their IS lowered with 313 and spacers, 12-15mm front and 15-18mm rear??
I have the 19" 313. I'm running BC coils and 15mm front and 15mm rear spacers. It definitely rubs with with any weight in the trunk. I'm gonna get fenders rolled as soon as I can find somewhere in Tampa to get it done.
Attached Images

Last edited by JF335is; 01-04-2015 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Pictures didn't upload using Bimmerpost app
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #3487
JF335is
Enlisted Member
Rep

I uploaded 5 pics using the bimmerpost app and one worked. FAIL.
How have you guys managed to post incredible pictures on here? I used all iPhone pics and they didn't work. Btw, I Love This Thread!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #3488
Holshot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 335is

Quote:

EXTERIOR
Carbon Fiber CPS Lip
M3 Rep Side Skirts
Painted Side Markers
Rear Fenders Rolled
Medium tinted tails

ENGINE
JB4 G5
DCI
Cyba Air Scoops, black
ER Charge Pipe
VRSF 5” FMIC
BMS Oil Catch Can

Very nice and tasteful car! If she had NAV we would be talking... I just picked up a '11 e92 335is myself almost a month ago w/ 13k miles on it but I'm not digging the DCT. I thought it might grow on me but it just isn't after 1,300 miles and I'm most likely going to be listing it shortly. I won't be leaving the platform just looking for a manual car like I should have waited for to begin with. Oh, well lesson learned. Good luck with your sale!

Joe
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #3489
marsflis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holshot View Post
Very nice and tasteful car! If she had NAV we would be talking... I just picked up a '11 e92 335is myself almost a month ago w/ 13k miles on it but I'm not digging the DCT. I thought it might grow on me but it just isn't after 1,300 miles and I'm most likely going to be listing it shortly. I won't be leaving the platform just looking for a manual car like I should have waited for to begin with. Oh, well lesson learned. Good luck with your sale!

Joe
What color/options does it have? How much would you say its work?.... Sounds interesting
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 01:45 PM   #3490
FAM3
Major
Rep
Drives: M5

Rims for sale fit 335IS perfectly - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1056684
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #3491
Holshot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What color/options does it have? How much would you say its work?.... Sounds interesting
Space Grey/Red Coral, 14.3k miles, CPO FOR 2 years (transferable), every possible option available... You know the drill. It's a great car but I'm a manual trans guy and don't know why I was trying to fool myself into thinking the DCT would have been different. It's DEFINATELY a step up over the normal ZF autobox but for me there is no replacement for that third pedal.

I've got a line on a '12, same exact car in every detail to mine but it's a 6spd. W/ 27k miles vs. my 14k miles in Northern VA that I went and checked out this week but they are asking 41k and don't wont come off the asking price much not to mention its at a private high-end dealer and there no CPO warranty so I think they are way off base on the price. It figures it went up for sale a week after I picked mine up... I knew I should have waited till after the new year and would have saved me a flight and all the driving back, lol.

As far as price goes, it was listed for 39,xxxK and I got it for a smoking, great deal considering what low mile, CPO cars are going for... 36,500 after beating them up pretty bad and because I was a cash buyer so they wanted to get it off the books before months/year end. They actually took a loss on the car selling at that price as they showed me when I got there they took it in on a trade for a new M5 from a very good customer and paid 37,500 toward the M5. I suppose it was worth it to them to take a 1,000 hit to unload it and must have had their butts covered in the purchase price of the new M5.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #3492
FM335
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF335is View Post
I uploaded 5 pics using the bimmerpost app and one worked. FAIL.
How have you guys managed to post incredible pictures on here? I used all iPhone pics and they didn't work. Btw, I Love This Thread!!!!
You have to use an image hosting site then copy/paste the link

http://postimage.org/

Try that one.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 10:16 PM   #3493
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holshot View Post

Joe
I went from being a die hard manual transmission enthusiast (still am somewhat), to a believer that DCT's give you the best of both worlds. I speak from experience of owning both a manual transmission 335is and a DCT 335is. I loved everything about the manual but when I switched to DCT I wasn't a believer initially. It took me a good 3-4 months to adjust to the DCT. My advice give the DCT a few more months and try to start driving around in sport/sport with DTC on one click. Also, try manual/sport with DTC on one click. I am somewhat confident you will start enjoying yourself more if you drive around like I mentioned above and give it a fair shot over a few months.

Now we all know there is no replacement for that third pedal or the sheer joy of rowing thru the gears but DCT IMO gives you literally the best of both worlds, convenience with blink of an eye quick shifts. Try having a equally matched manual car keep up with you off the line or even off a roll. When I had my manual 335is I ran against a DCT 335is off the line the DCT obliverates the manual by bus lengths. Off a roll the manual doesn't do so bad but it still loses valuable tenths from each up shift.

Last words, give DCT a fair chance over a few months, I'm sure you'll begin to fall in love.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 10:23 PM   #3494
Stillswingin26
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
I have the 19" 313. I'm running BC coils and 15mm front and 15mm rear spacers. It definitely rubs with with any weight in the trunk. I'm gonna get fenders rolled as soon as I can find somewhere in Tampa to get it done.
Thanks for sharing JF335is, do you have any pics showing how far out it brings your wheels?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 07:21 PM   #3495
Holshot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11LMBiSTT View Post
I went from being a die hard manual transmission enthusiast (still am somewhat), to a believer that DCT's give you the best of both worlds. I speak from experience of owning both a manual transmission 335is and a DCT 335is. I loved everything about the manual but when I switched to DCT I wasn't a believer initially. It took me a good 3-4 months to adjust to the DCT. My advice give the DCT a few more months and try to start driving around in sport/sport with DTC on one click. Also, try manual/sport with DTC on one click. I am somewhat confident you will start enjoying yourself more if you drive around like I mentioned above and give it a fair shot over a few months.

Now we all know there is no replacement for that third pedal or the sheer joy of rowing thru the gears but DCT IMO gives you literally the best of both worlds, convenience with blink of an eye quick shifts. Try having a equally matched manual car keep up with you off the line or even off a roll. When I had my manual 335is I ran against a DCT 335is off the line the DCT obliverates the manual by bus lengths. Off a roll the manual doesn't do so bad but it still loses valuable tenths from each up shift.

Last words, give DCT a fair chance over a few months, I'm sure you'll begin to fall in love.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I just know myself to well and pulled the trigger to soon as I get impatient at times and when the red 6spd slipped through my fingers I just jumped at the next best thing and fooled myself into thinking the DCT would be just like a manual but better in fact. In my opinion and for what I enjoy doing it just doesn't do it for me. In all honesty I find myself not using the manual option of the DCT at all as I find it to cumbersome when you want to get a wild hair up yours a@@ and do some spirited driving.

What I mean is when I'm driving one of my other cars I don't think about it and when I come up to a turn or a nice stretch of curving roads I down shift and go about my business without having to think. Where when I'm in the IS I have stop for a moment and think to look down to press the Sport button first, then press the shift lever to the left and then grab the appropriate paddle and then when you do downshift it doesn't engine brake like in a manual which for me kills it. I'm simple man

The same thing happened a few years back, I've owned 5 Supras over the years and all but one were 6sp cars. I had sold one and then regretted it like usual and couldn't find another 6spd soon enough that was stock, low mile and came across an Auto car that fit all the other requirements and thought it would do... It didn't, kept the car for 3 months and then sold it but I actually made money on it so in the end no big deal. I'm going to hold off another month and see how I feel but I know myself to well and I don't forsee keeping to long, plus the longer I keep it the more miles I'll put on it and unlike the Supra I'm going to lose money so I'm just trying to stem the loss to a minimum.

Actually the car just let me down the other day with a HPFP failure. The car was running fine and I went to accelerate past an 18 wheeler while on the highway and she started to stumble and buck. She drove perfect under part throttle but anything above 20% throttle she would turn into one of those rodeo Bulls, lol... Got home ok and after an hour sitting tried starting her up with a long crank and then when it fired the check engine light came on. Got a call from the dealer a day later with the dreaded HPFP failure code. He said it would be done tomorrow so we'll see. Hopefully this will be the one and only time.

I can't believe that these cars are still having these issues. I remember that it was an issue with the earlier cars and by '10 the issue had been resolved. With only 14.3k miles it was a real disappointment to find out that it's still a problem. You would figure after 3/4 years the genius engineers over at BMW could have corrected this problem with a manufacturer who can build one that last longer without these issues. Doesn't say much for a manufacturer that they still can't figure out how to solve the issue that's been around for as long as this cars been around... What happened to all that German engineering I always heard about
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #3496
JF335is
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowhat
Quote:
Thanks for sharing JF335is, do you have any pics showing how far out it brings your wheels?
Yea I do. I'm going to try to use that image hosting and post some more. If you want you can message me your email and I can send them to you directly
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #3497
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11LMBiSTT View Post

I was exactly like you. When I got my DCT all that changed. I don't miss manual one bit even after having it all my life.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 09:18 AM   #3498
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
I was exactly like you. When I got my DCT all that changed. I don't miss manual one bit even after having it all my life.

Just to show I am not bias to DCT, I can't deny the fact that you feel more 'connected' or 'one' with a car that has a manual transmission. I don't think a DCT will ever get to that same point/feeling/connection as a manual tranny.
Appreciate 0