E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > BMW 4 year maintainance plan

12-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
LindaTheCat
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 6MT

BMW 4 year maintainance plan

Okay here\'s my situation. My 2011 335i 6MT has just hit 86xx Kms. Upon reading the comments, I\'ve decided to go for a low mileage oil change. However, after having called two local dealers. I\'ve got the same \"excuse\", either the due date meaning at the end of first year or due mileage, they can provide a FREE oil change.

My question here is can I bring in the car for an early low mileage change. Does the policy indicate that either condition needs to be fulfilled before the dealer can perform a FREE oil change?

I need to get this clear before I bring in the car next year.

Thanks guys.
      12-31-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

YES - 1yr or 14k FOR OIL CHANGE (my exp)

I think most owners that plan on long term ownership or resale support, change it themselves at 7.5k and then on the dealership at 15k.

It think this plan is very important in a 335i -- but then again if you got the bucks -- just trade every 50k and don't worry / be happy.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_the_Cat View Post
Okay here\'s my situation. My 2011 335i 6MT has just hit 86xx Kms. Upon reading the comments, I\'ve decided to go for a low mileage oil change. However, after having called two local dealers. I\'ve got the same \"excuse\", either the due date meaning at the end of first year or due mileage, they can provide a FREE oil change.

My question here is can I bring in the car for an early low mileage change. Does the policy indicate that either condition needs to be fulfilled before the dealer can perform a FREE oil change?

I need to get this clear before I bring in the car next year.

Thanks guys.
Check your Warranty/Service manual. BMW's policy is that the free oil service will be performed either at the mileage called for by the dash computer or after one year, whichever comes first.

So since the dealer will not otherwise be re-imbursed by BMWNA, you haven't gotten an \"excuse\", simply a statement of fact.

If you cannot wait for the free change, US dealers normally charge around $100, but since you don't have much mileage on the car, why not hold off for your freebie? Especially since BMW does not recommend an early change for non M models and there is no documented evidence it does anything other than lighten your wallet.

Tom
Appreciate 0