E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > BMW E90 Recalls?!

02-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
LocDawgg
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW e90

BMW E90 Recalls?!

So i was looking at the list of recalls on the bmwusa website:
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...er/recall.aspx

I noticed that the recalls are mostly for non-e90s not even 3 series actually.

There are many problems with the e90 that should be compensated for, why hasn't BMW done anything?

On that list of recalls that doesn't include our models ive had

Idle Pulley Bolt problem
Belt Tensioner Bolt Problem
Electric Water Pump/Thermostat Problem

I have also had the infamous SZL problem. Maybe i am wrong but has BMW compensated any e9x drivers with any of these common problems? If such a handful of owners have them, shouldn't a light bulb turn on and say "hey maybe their is a problem with those vehicles since more then half of the community has those problems"
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #2
grimery
Rep
Drives: Black 335i

MY 07 335i auto

Two fuel pumps by 30k

Transmission replaced at 35k (under CPO, lucky. $7000+ if not) after complaining of harsh engagement.

Both rear window regulator failures. $500 each to fix. 48k miles

VANOS fault codes after "random" limp mode. Could not reproduce issue and did not resolve while under warranty. Happens once every 3 months or so. Restarting car removes limp mode and it's fine. Awesome.

Wastegate rattle

My favorite: Steering wheel unlock module failure at 55k miles. Steering wheel will not unlock and vehicle will not start. $1300 to repair as BMW forces you to buy/replace the entire steering column rather than sell you the module.

Waterpump @ 57k: $1100 out of warranty

Last edited by grimery; 05-06-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
MikeR1994
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i, 05 325Ci (RIP)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
The door lock actuators, more specifically the one for the driver door, are a problem that any BMW tech will probably tell you they see way more often than they should. And anyone with a beige interior knows about how easily it wears away in places like the transmission tunnel. I've heard of window regulators failing and leaving people with their windows half shut. There are a lot of little things that it would be nice to have recalled but it most likely won't happen.
Appreciate 0