E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DEPO projector90 upgrade DIY - work in progress

01-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #375
Engie8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterba View Post
Be sure to seal it up, when water evaporates it will leave the film od water deposits inside of the light. And I don't know if it is possible to get rid of it. Also during rains you don't want to see dirty water spots inside. Just suggestion...
What do you use to seal it?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #376
misterba
Milan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

I was going to put some silicone RTV around the suspicious places but it would be too brutal. Maybe silicon grease would do the job, I will have to deal with it later. Now it is sunny here, no rains so I have time.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #377
cbetlyon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi Jet Black/Black

does any one in here know how to disable the cold and warm check for the parking lights. this should get rid of the error form the AEs. i know how to do it i just don't know what to change the value on. i know its possible
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #378
Mexcar007
X5 dude
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5d

My E90 now feels and looks like a BMW at night like it should

I just installed my depo project90's two nights ago.

The install was easy to mid difficulty. I followed the DIY and that was a great help.

When I first turned them on the car locked it self(wired) for like 30-60 seconds. I could start nothing I would but the fob in and the dash would through a warning and a picture of the steering wheel with a small lock on it.
After that, the car started fine. Couple seconds the park lamp malfunction error came up for left and right side. Then I turned on the headlights and wow the day came to the night. These things are bright and cool I could not love them more. With in a minute the low beams malfunction came up for left and right side. I just left the warning massages for a couple days and this is what I notice.

The low beams malfunction messages would go away after about 10-15 minutes and never come back (with in that drive) but the park lamp malfunction would come up as soon as the car ignition started. They would go away after (who knows it was never consistent) minutes later. But the warning would come back with in (could tell you it was never consistent) but that was just driving me crazy the going away and coming back with no consistency.

So now what I did was removed the park lamp malfunction warning with coding. And I left the low beam malfunction being that it only come up once when I start the car and little later it goes away and never come back(with in the same drive) I am thinking on remove them too with code later on once it drive me nuts.

Here is my conclusion from my experience. They are worth it. I ordered the projector90 with the HID low beams stock high beams stock side marker and error canceling module. I paid almost 700 bucks for the kit(little high) but for what I have now it just make me so happy that
My car has some cool angel eyes and low beams.

I would recommend it to anyone that is interested the guys working at jleviws are great and very helpful.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #379
cbetlyon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexcar007 View Post
I just installed my depo project90's two nights ago.

The install was easy to mid difficulty. I followed the DIY and that was a great help.

When I first turned them on the car locked it self(wired) for like 30-60 seconds. I could start nothing I would but the fob in and the dash would through a warning and a picture of the steering wheel with a small lock on it.
After that, the car started fine. Couple seconds the park lamp malfunction error came up for left and right side. Then I turned on the headlights and wow the day came to the night. These things are bright and cool I could not love them more. With in a minute the low beams malfunction came up for left and right side. I just left the warning massages for a couple days and this is what I notice.

The low beams malfunction messages would go away after about 10-15 minutes and never come back (with in that drive) but the park lamp malfunction would come up as soon as the car ignition started. They would go away after (who knows it was never consistent) minutes later. But the warning would come back with in (could tell you it was never consistent) but that was just driving me crazy the going away and coming back with no consistency.

So now what I did was removed the park lamp malfunction warning with coding. And I left the low beam malfunction being that it only come up once when I start the car and little later it goes away and never come back(with in the same drive) I am thinking on remove them too with code later on once it drive me nuts.

Here is my conclusion from my experience. They are worth it. I ordered the projector90 with the HID low beams stock high beams stock side marker and error canceling module. I paid almost 700 bucks for the kit(little high) but for what I have now it just make me so happy that
My car has some cool angel eyes and low beams.

I would recommend it to anyone that is interested the guys working at jleviws are great and very helpful.
how did you code out tge parking light error? What value did u change?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #380
Mexcar007
X5 dude
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbetlyon View Post
how did you code out tge parking light error? What value did u change?
ill post these code to the master sheet in the next couple days but here you go.

Parking lamp malfunction warning left = FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V_L
Parking lamp malfunction warning right = FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V_R
change from aktiv to nicht_aktiv
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #381
Goodneighbor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4, 07 328i

I just installed my DEPO's and my right headlight beam is like two feet too high and to the right. I looked all over the headlight for a screw or knob to adjust the up and down and side to side. But I can't find anything! I searched the web and this post and I can't find anything for adjusting the beams... What do I need to do to adjust this bad boy?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #382
darik67u
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 FBO

There is a white adjustment socket (takes an allen key) right behind the low beam. Give a couple of clicks to bring down the beam up or down. I believe the left and right adjustment is inside the light when you remove the back cover.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #383
Goodneighbor
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the help. I found a screw today when I was messing with it. I will take some pictures of how I adjusted it, and put it on another thread I started. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #384
chatre
Rep
Drives: Range Rover

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this site and am interested in buying the Depo headlights from Jlevi for my Uncle. I have been reading through lots of threads on here and I'm skeptical of buying these lights now.

What's the verdict? Has Jlevi fixed any of the problems? Has anyone bought the DDM tuning HID kit and using the Depo projectors? What is the CanBus projector? Have you guys fixed the problems yet? How is the reliability and how is the Depo headlights standing up? Is there any problems with moisture getting inside of the headlight housing?

Thanks and sorry for the rant.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #385
Goodneighbor
Enlisted Member
Rep

I have only had mine on for a couple of days and I love them. They look amazing and they are ten times better than the stock halogens. I set up my lights with just hyper white H7 bulbs for the Low/high for the meantime until the whole HID lighting thing with errors becomes less of a problem. As for the moisture, correct me if I am wrong but I think the people that had those problems had accidentally broken the tabs on their covers for the high beams. So they didn't seal all the way. I know some people have had problems with the turn signals throwing errors, I bought stealth bulbs and replaced the stock bulb socket with the ones from Jlevi. I have had no problems and no errors. I also wired my AE's into the floor lights so they turn on when you lock or unlock the car. I am very satisfied and one of the best relatively cheap upgrade. Cost me $400 total and my own time for install. I definitely recommend them.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #386
cbetlyon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodneighbor View Post
I have only had mine on for a couple of days and I love them. They look amazing and they are ten times better than the stock halogens. I set up my lights with just hyper white H7 bulbs for the Low/high for the meantime until the whole HID lighting thing with errors becomes less of a problem. As for the moisture, correct me if I am wrong but I think the people that had those problems had accidentally broken the tabs on their covers for the high beams. So they didn't seal all the way. I know some people have had problems with the turn signals throwing errors, I bought stealth bulbs and replaced the stock bulb socket with the ones from Jlevi. I have had no problems and no errors. I also wired my AE's into the floor lights so they turn on when you lock or unlock the car. I am very satisfied and one of the best relatively cheap upgrade. Cost me $400 total and my own time for install. I definitely recommend them.
do your AEs turn on when driving? cause last time i checked my floor lights dont stay on when driving.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #387
chatre
Rep

Quote:
Did you have any problems with the install? How are the mounts? I have read some comments on how the mounts are cheap. Can you give me a break down of what you ordered? Correct me if I'm wrong but you ordered the standard turn signals, upgraded LED angel eyes, hyper white bulbs and 2 turn signal bulb socket (Euro spec adapters)? Thanks for all your help. Greatly appreciated.

Another question for the guys who bought the LED turn signal headlights. Is it any harder to install the LED turn signal headlights over the standard turn signal headlights?

Thanks again for all of your help
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #388
chatre
Rep

Any other reviews? The headlights are for a 2008 323i.
If I was to go HID should I go with a 35w or 55w?
Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #389
Goodneighbor
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
do your AEs turn on when driving? cause last time i checked my floor lights dont stay on when driving.
No, the AE's just turn on as welcome lights when you unlock the car. They also fade out when you lock the car like the newer models. As of right now I am working on finding the 12v wire from my cig. lighter to attach my AE wires too also to make the AE's the drl's. This is all in the DIY section. Search AE DRL's.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #390
Goodneighbor
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatre View Post
Did you have any problems with the install? How are the mounts? I have read some comments on how the mounts are cheap. Can you give me a break down of what you ordered? Correct me if I'm wrong but you ordered the standard turn signals, upgraded LED angel eyes, hyper white bulbs and 2 turn signal bulb socket (Euro spec adapters)? Thanks for all your help. Greatly appreciated.

Another question for the guys who bought the LED turn signal headlights. Is it any harder to install the LED turn signal headlights over the standard turn signal headlights?

Thanks again for all of your help
Install was easy. I didn't even remove the front wheels to take off the bumper. As stated earlier in this post. But if you have the resources I definitely recommend taking the front wheels off. You will have an easier time taking the bumper off as well as adjusting your lights and re-installing the bumper. Plus it would probably cut about a half an hour to an hour off of install(it took me a while to reach up and get some of the bolts holding the front bumper off)

The mounts looked and functioned the same way as the stock halogen headlight unit. Very similar to OEM.

I ordered the basic headlight unit (non led turn signals, 4 LED AE's)
I definitely recommend upgrading to the unit with more LED's in the AE's. Just 4 LED's is not that bright(If you care about AE's). They are not very noticeable during the daytime. I specifically ordered this unit because it is very close to OEM and it has projectors unlike the stock halogen. Just normal bulbs seem ten times better/brighter with projectors than the regular stock headlight unit.

I also ordered just 35w super white H7 bulbs for the time being. My car is super finicky with the HID's. So for the mean time I want to be error free. Like I said, they are ten times better inside a projector housing. Eventually I will make the upgrade to HID.

I did order the 2 turn signal bulb sockets from Jlevi. My headlight unit came with normal turn signal adapters but the quality was not as good as compared to the Jlevi turn signal adapters that I purchased. So naturally I switched them. Im sure the new LED turn signal units look great and are probably much brighter but I went the cheap route(non-LED turn signal Headlight unit). I also ordered some stealth 5707 bulbs off ebay for my turn signals. That way when the turn signal lights are off you don't have a orange reflection in the headlight. I would recommend the 5707 LED bulbs. They are much brighter than just the normal stealth bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #391
Goodneighbor
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatre View Post
Any other reviews? The headlights are for a 2008 323i.
If I was to go HID should I go with a 35w or 55w?
Thanks guys
Don't go with 55w unless that is the stock bulb you have in there now. I have learned the hard way and melted bulb housings doing that before on my motorcycle.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #392
Goodneighbor
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Heres the link for the DIY DRL's AE's and the welcome light AE's.
I have only completed the welcome light AE's I am going to attempt the DRL's AE's this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #393
sqexpress
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darik67u View Post
There is a white adjustment socket (takes an allen key) right behind the low beam. Give a couple of clicks to bring down the beam up or down. I believe the left and right adjustment is inside the light when you remove the back cover.
Can you post a picture of this? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #394
sqexpress
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I found a screw today when I was messing with it. I will take some pictures of how I adjusted it, and put it on another thread I started. Thanks
Do you have the link to your thread? I am trying to adjust this too.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #395
Goodneighbor
Enlisted Member
Rep

I only had to adjust the vertical up and down of the beam. So this is a picture of the knob I messed with to get it to work. I just used a philips head screw driver and had the headlights on while I adjusted it to make sure I was going in the right direction.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #396
cbetlyon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

can some one post measurement for proper lowbeam hight

distance from perpendicular wall

hight of left and right lowbeam
Appreciate 0