E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Sales Reps of Tischer / BMW of Silver Spring Review Help

07-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
bigj505
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Sales Reps of Tischer / BMW of Silver Spring Review Help

Hi guys,
I need some input on who I should exactly talk to when it comes to getting a car from Tischer in person.
I went there today after setting an appointment with Lonnie Overby and he was a complete dick.
Is this the type of service I should expect there or is it just him? I got my 07 335 from OttosBMW in westchester, pa and dude there, Ralph Nofsinger, was on point.
This Lonnie guy showed my fiance more attention than he did me and he pretty much seemed like he could care less if he sold me the car or not. Are they doing so well there that customer care is so poor? Another customer was getting into a heated exchanged with another sales rep while i was there.

Summary.
Went there to negotiate the 08 M3 Coupe he has there. We talked about it on the phone.
I wanted to trade my CPO 07 335 w/sports package with 86000 on it. Dude offered 12000 or 13500 if i put the chrome trim back on a the 162s. KBB is about 17000 and nada is about 17000 - 18000 i think.
i said i couldnt do anything with the offer and dude had this o well look and then gave me the peace sign when i got about 40 feet away and he finally asked what i wanted to get for the car. he also said i would get a little more for a trade since it was 1 yr left on my CPO while we were on the phone yet it clearly did not happen when i got the car appraised.

i understand negotiating but dudes demeanor was just wrong. he didnt remember we had an appointment. NEVER invited me to his desk. all of our talking happened on the floor. acted like he could care less if i got the m3.

i think he profiled me because im in my 20s and might have the look like i dont make a ton of money but i do well for myself, but by no means am i rich, and really feel like i shouldnt have to dress to impress to buy a car. he just had this look when he saw who i was in person.

should i call up monday and talk to the manager or just keep it moving and deal with a dealership that wants a sale?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

I say move on and when you buy a car from someone else send him a email letting him know you picked up a car from another dealer. And if he would have treated you better you would of bought from him.

He might not even care but then again he might.

As for your looks I have had a similar experience with a BMW dealer. People do judge a book by its cover, it is what it is

Last edited by obert; 07-24-2012 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

I never negotiate at the dealership. I negotiate via email, that way you have a record of the details.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
turb0mik3
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Racecar

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David 12 View Post
I never negotiate at the dealership. I negotiate via email, that way you have a record of the details.

Dave
I work at a dealership and let me tell you, you will never negotiate over email, haha.

HG Motorsports | Motiv Motorsport | Sparta Evolution | BBS Motorsports | Sabelt | JRZ |
NASA ST1 SoCal --- 554whp/487wtrq --- 3200lbs <<YouTube Channel w/ Race Videos>>
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
George@V
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
I say move on and when you buy a car from someone else send him a email letting him know you picked up a car from another dealer. And if he would have treated you better you would of bought from him.

He might not even car but then again he might.

As for your looks I have had a similar experience with a BMW dealer. People do judge a book by its cover, it is what it is
I wouldn't even bother doing that, as he will likely not even care.

To the OP, the experience you had is enough for me to never want to step foot in that dealership again, nor to ever recommend that dealership to your friends, here on the forums, etc.

Just because this dealer has that specific car, doesn't mean another dealer can't find you one just like it (or better), while treating you with some dignity and respect.

I recommend you find another dealer and salesperson who deserves to earn your business. As a business owner myself, treating your customers with the utmost respect at all times, is the cardinal rule in being successful in the long run.

If you want to do anything, you are better off sending a letter to the General Sales Manager of the dealership, AFTER you have bought a car from somewhere else. Unfortunately the GSM needs to learn the hard way, that hiring disrespectful employees, and promoting this kind of behavior without any recourse, will cause your sales department to lose business.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
bigj505
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

thanks guys. i ended up saying im better off keeping my 335 for the time being. better gas + 08 m3s will be showing up more frequently as lease returns + expired factory warranties will be traded in.

i got some email from the sales manager, mmaloney@tischer.com, over a week ago. guess it was a bs follow up email because i let him know how bad it was and never heard back.

email:

Dear ---,

Thank you for your interest in 2008 BMW M3. More and more, many of our customers are like you and do their research on the internet. I want to make sure your buying experience is a positive one and that Lonnie Overby is answering all of your questions.

Please let me know how your experience is going thus far and what we can do to aid in your decision making process?

We look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

Michael Maloney
General Sales Manager

BMW of Silver Spring
301-890-3000

Just 15 minutes from Rockville, DC, Columbia and Laurel

Click here to read what others have to say about BMW of Silver Spri
Appreciate 0