E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > First Breath of American Air

03-13-2007, 11:38 PM   #1
mlingo
Rep
Drives: 335i Space grey Coral Red

First Breath of American Air

The Ryujin has arrived is is sitting in the harbor of San Diego. It will be unloaded tomorrow if not this evening not sure how that works. None the less it's like a baby coming out of the womb and taking it's first Breath. Here is the bad news for me, The dealer says it will be 10 days till it gets to Denver. Do you know where I will be in 10 days On a Disney Cruise It will sit at the dealers for more then 10 days, Mickey better stay clear I could F@#$in Goofy out there waiting to get back to my first BMW.

By the way do you think I could request to have the car sitting on the showroom floor? Will they allow anyone to drive the car as a demo?

Space Grey
Coral Red
Paddle Shifters
Nav
Sports
Premium
Comfort Access
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
most likely it will sit on the lot. they don't usually put cars that are sold to customers in the showroom. for 2 reasons:
1. someone may break something/scratch something
2. they may offer to buy your model with cash

they will also NOT let anyone DEMO your car. the most they could request is maybe see the interior in the lot if you have a weird combo.

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
My dealer sometimes puts customers cars in the showroom. They always tell me when it's a sold customers car, and then I generally leave it alone out of respect. In some ways I'd rather have mine in the showroom where people are looking at it under the supervision of staff, than left out in the elements and the mercy of the weekend lookie-loos who love to touch and lean on all the cars in the lot.

It is also likely that they might have a secure area that is fenced where they might store your car.

Just relax and don't let it worry you. Look at it this way, most people dread the end of a vacation, but you get to enjoy a vacation AND look forward to a special treat when it's over!

Congrats!

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0