E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2010 328i speaker problem

06-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Bravesfan16
Rep
Drives: A car

2010 328i speaker problem

Yesterday I go to get in the car, and hit the seat memory. As soon as I hit it there was the awfulest squal from the car. Finally figured out it was coming from the back speakers. Had to be a short, but car was not on. Turning engine on and off did nothing. After a few minutes of messing with the radio, it totally shutdown (even the time went off). It acted like it totally reset on the radio. After about 30 seconds it came back up, and the noise stopped.

But now the volume on those speakers seems really low and not very "full"

Anyone had speaker problems?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesfan16 View Post
Yesterday I go to get in the car, and hit the seat memory. As soon as I hit it there was the awfulest squal from the car. Finally figured out it was coming from the back speakers. Had to be a short, but car was not on. Turning engine on and off did nothing. After a few minutes of messing with the radio, it totally shutdown (even the time went off). It acted like it totally reset on the radio. After about 30 seconds it came back up, and the noise stopped.

But now the volume on those speakers seems really low and not very "full"

Anyone had speaker problems?
Had the same thing on my 2011, last month. It was awful, just can't drive with that sound.

It was as soon as I unlocked the car and sat inside preparing to leave from work, and then unlocked it for sometime, tried again, no luck. It disappeared the next time I unlocked the car, after leaving it locked for 5 or so minutes. Never turned the engine on.

Have not noticed any difference in the speaker volume, though I never ride in the back seat to know.

Next time it comes back, I might just go visit the stealership.

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
Hot Toddy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Sedan

Yeah, my 2011 328i has had two such episodes. I came out one night in February after work and before I opened the car I heard it buzzing very loudly from the rear speakers. Nothing was turned on, the car was closed and locked. Nothing I did could stop the buzzing. It lasted until I got home and was still buzzing when I locked it for the night. I thought about trying to disconnect the battery in the rain but decided against it. I came back to the car after an hour and it had stopped buzzing or gone to sleep.

The BMW dealer said that they could not find anything wrong with the stereo or the amplifier. So I drove on.

Then, about a month ago, it happened again, not as loud this time and did not last as long. It quit pretty quickly. My local audio guys think that one channel of my amplifier is going bad. I told the dealer that but they still did not find anything wrong with the amp.

I am now prepared to pull a fuse if it happens again and won't stop.

Hot Toddy
Appreciate 0