E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Chip touch up

06-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
z335is
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Chip touch up

Hey guys, I have a chip on my car that is small, but really bothers me nonetheless. The chip is located right on the lower edge of the drivers side door. I'm not sure how it got there, but it is about the size of the tip of a pen. To get it back to normal, is this something I could just use the regular touch up paint / Dr. Color Chip on, or should I take it to a professional? I'm not sure how to proceeddue to its location.

Thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
Flying_Dutchman13
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Helicopter

I think you should be fine using the touch up paint from BMW. I just touched up a few small chips on my car last night. The directions for the paint/clear coat are on the package. As for the next steps Im not totally sure, but I was told by my friend to let the touch up set for about a week. Then Im taking the car to him to have it sanded, polished and waxed.
Appreciate 0