E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede Rev3 issue on 07 335i Steptronic

04-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #1
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Procede Rev3 issue on 07 335i Steptronic

Yesterday while I was on the track and I 'a strange thing happened:

Following some burnout at 360 degrees (E92 steptronic 335th), the motor and 'off suddenly and the main dashboard lights came on (engine, abs, active steering,) and the engine fan on at the max speed (water temp 86 celsius)
The proceeding was active (rev3 map 9.10)

This thing I 'happened again and again following a strong lateral accelerations

No error in all units

As a result of what 'every time you just turn off and on

Any idea?
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Same error on the track
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Did you see how high oil temps got? They usually outrun water temps on the track.

Also, the active steering code could be explained by some sort of steering system issue that is occurring while the steering rack is turned and loaded up through cornering. You'd have to read codes from the active steering module (BT tool or factory diagnostic tool) to see what is going on as it may not even be powertrain/engine related by the sounds of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Shiv everyday i check all the modules with INPA

No errors presents on MSD (live,ghost or history)
No errors in DSC or Active steering

Engine oil during the track session 120Celsius

It's strange

The car simply switch off the engine and all the yellow dashboard light switch on (engine fan swith a the maximum speed)

Switch off and switch on the car you start again without problems

One second before the engine go off i feel the engine pulls slightly

This problems appears only in the Track with a many bends

If you run on the street at the crazy speed and crazy boost nothing !

Low pressure fuel pump ?
does not shoot enough petrol for the strong demands of the track?

Next week i try also to check all the ECU-Procede cables and put canclear off.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Find errors in the MSD80 error-History

http://www.4shared.com/office/uXT89hzl/hsdatei.html
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
TT-Tom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C.S.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzzz View Post
Yesterday while I was on the track and I 'a strange thing happened:

Following some burnout at 360 degrees (E92 steptronic 335th), the motor and 'off suddenly and the main dashboard lights came on (engine, abs, active steering,) and the engine fan on at the max speed (water temp 86 celsius)
The proceeding was active (rev3 map 9.10)

This thing I 'happened again and again following a strong lateral accelerations

No error in all units

As a result of what 'every time you just turn off and on

Any idea?
I have the same issue, car shuts off at 140 for me so I'm wondering if its related to procede cars maintaining high engine speeds for prolonged periods of time. I flashed back to the autotuning maps and havn't had an issue so far. The car feels a whole lot slower though..
      04-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-Tom View Post
I have the same issue, car shuts off at 140 for me so I'm wondering if its related to procede cars maintaining high engine speeds for prolonged periods of time. I flashed back to the autotuning maps and havn't had an issue so far. The car feels a whole lot slower though..
Your car roll back to maps 7.29 ?

this error It's the first time for me after three year of procede and a loth of month with agressive maps.
The track when i feel this error is very slow(max 120mph) with a lot of acceleration/decelerations

Today i try to clean all the contacts and check the LPFP fuse and junction box cables
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
TT-Tom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C.S.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzzz View Post
Your car roll back to maps 7.29 ?

this error It's the first time for me after three year of procede and a loth of month with agressive maps.
The track when i feel this error is very slow(max 120mph) with a lot of acceleration/decelerations

Today i try to clean all the contacts and check the LPFP fuse and junction box cables
Yes rolled back to the 7.29 maps, I was also running lean on the newer maps which is no logner happening either.
      04-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #9
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-Tom View Post
Yes rolled back to the 7.29 maps, I was also running lean on the newer maps which is no logner happening either.
yesterday i clean all the junction box connectors located in the glove box

In this box is present all the connections bridge of LPFP and various engine sensor

yesterday pushing the car with a maximum of 9.10 I have not detected any errors

let's see.....
Appreciate 0