E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Disconnected battery, now my windows wont roll up with the remote

06-18-2018, 07:26 PM   #1
vibroluxious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 3281 X-Drive

Disconnected battery, now my windows wont roll up with the remote

I had previously coded my CAS to allow me to roll my windows up and sunroof to close on my 2009 328i Xdrive. I also set my mirrors to fold/unfold with the fob. All worked well until this weekend when I disconnected the battery to replace my VCG. After hooking the battery back up, I found my windows no longer rolled up and the mirrors no longer folded/unfolded with the fob. I assumed the coding reverted back to the original VO but when looking at the TRC files it still shows the windows as activ. I tried resetting the CAS and NFRM to factory using a profile with manipulate turned off and the CAS resets everything back to the VO except the windows which still show as activ. I tried to set them to nichtactiv but they keep reverting back to activ. My assumption is that I need to get the CAS back to it's original settings and then re-code it but I don't seem to be able to do that. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibroluxious View Post
I had previously coded my CAS to allow me to roll my windows up and sunroof to close on my 2009 328i Xdrive. I also set my mirrors to fold/unfold with the fob. All worked well until this weekend when I disconnected the battery to replace my VCG. After hooking the battery back up, I found my windows no longer rolled up and the mirrors no longer folded/unfolded with the fob. I assumed the coding reverted back to the original VO but when looking at the TRC files it still shows the windows as activ. I tried resetting the CAS and NFRM to factory using a profile with manipulate turned off and the CAS resets everything back to the VO except the windows which still show as activ. I tried to set them to nichtactiv but they keep reverting back to activ. My assumption is that I need to get the CAS back to it's original settings and then re-code it but I don't seem to be able to do that. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Any fault codes?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
vibroluxious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 3281 X-Drive

When I hold down the lock button on the remote to try and close the windows, the car throws the following codes:

00A3B2 message error (terminal status, 0x130), receiver instrument panel, transmitter CAS

00CF14 no message (terminal status) from CAS, receiver DKG/EGS, transmitter DME-DDI

The codes will clear normally and don't return unless I try and close the windows with the remote.
Is there anything I need to reset after having the battery negative cable disconnected for a few hours?
I reset the steering angle sensor using ISTA-D after I hooked the battery back up but nothing else.
Appreciate 0