E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Ask a Professional Detailer...

04-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #793
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

I need a good but yet affordable complete auto detailing kit, where can I find one? (That would include everything)
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #794
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I need a good but yet affordable complete auto detailing kit, where can I find one? (That would include everything)
Can you elaborate a little what you are looking for? A complete kit can be something as simple as washing and drying kit and a maintenance package or a full blown detailing kit with buffers, pads, towels, applicators, etc.

Some of our complete kits you can look at:
Advanced Complete Kit
All the Detailing Essentials

They may not be in the price range you a looking for, but both include a buffer.

Shoot over some specifics and I'll be happy to put together something for you that best fits your needs.

Cheers,

George
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 03:59 AM   #795
hasrice
MOAR POWERRRR
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

oxidation on 2008 side view mirror plastic

I'm looking for something to restore the black plastic ring surrounding the side view mirrors on an 2008 e92. Also advice on providing protection to help prevent further oxidation as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #796
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasrice View Post
I'm looking for something to restore the black plastic ring surrounding the side view mirrors on an 2008 e92. Also advice on providing protection to help prevent further oxidation as well.
I'd recommend prepping the surface first with some sort of degreaser or alcohol to ensure there is no product build up on the black ring. Then follow up with something like Poorboy's Trim Restorer. It will leave it looking new, but it'll only be temporary since you aren't dying the plastic. You'd have to reapply it after it begins to fade again. For protecting it in the future, you could use something like 303 Aerospace Protectant or Optimum Protectant Plus.

Hope this helps,

George
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #797
SonicGerm
Master Shake
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

What pad would I use to apply Kessle AIO? With a Flex
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #798
claycourter01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
PB wheel products

I have been using PB Wheel Sealant, which I think is a great product.

Have also been using the PB Spray & Rinse, which is a very effective cleaner, but recently I read that because it is acid-based it may be too strong for maintenance. So my question is, if I am using this for maintenance cleaning, is it stripping the sealant? If I dilute it can it be used for maintenance or should I only use this when I want to remove all the sealant?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #799
claycourter01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by claycourter01 View Post
I have been using PB Wheel Sealant, which I think is a great product.

Have also been using the PB Spray & Rinse, which is a very effective cleaner, but recently I read that because it is acid-based it may be too strong for maintenance. So my question is, if I am using this for maintenance cleaning, is it stripping the sealant? If I dilute it can it be used for maintenance or should I only use this when I want to remove all the sealant?
George-- not necessary to reply; I got some feedback on the general forum on this.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #800
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGerm View Post
What pad would I use to apply Kessle AIO? With a Flex
I'd typically use a white pad if I'm looking to remove oxidation and clean up the paint a little. If it's already in good shape, a black pad works too.

Quote:
George-- not necessary to reply; I got some feedback on the general forum on this.
Sorry for the slow reply, we're nearing the end on the overhaul of our website and I know I've been slower than I'd like to be responding.

Just so the answer is in this thread, yes, using something like Poorboy's Spray & Rinse would strip off the Poorboy's Wheel Sealant protection on your wheels. When your wheels are protected with Wheel Sealant, it's advised to just use some automotive shampoo and water with a dedicated wash mitt for maintenance.

George
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #801
claycourter01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post

Sorry for the slow reply, we're nearing the end on the overhaul of our website and I know I've been slower than I'd like to be responding.

Just so the answer is in this thread, yes, using something like Poorboy's Spray & Rinse would strip off the Poorboy's Wheel Sealant protection on your wheels. When your wheels are protected with Wheel Sealant, it's advised to just use some automotive shampoo and water with a dedicated wash mitt for maintenance.

George

thanks George; I appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 02:32 AM   #802
flux
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Hey George,
What should I use for matte black rims?
I just purchased Poorboy's Spray & Rinse. Would this be to harsh on the black rims?
I like to keep everything on my car clean and using the spray and wash would help me maintain a well kept car until I can wash over the weekend.
I have a car duster so all I need for a quick clean is the rims. And I drive over 500 miles in a week so my car gets petty dusty...LA freeways... Malibu canyons...
Maybe you have another suggestion?
Thanks,
Evan
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 06:15 AM   #803
SonicGerm
Master Shake
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Thanks for the info. What polish pad combo would you recommend for micro scratch removal on SG paint?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #804
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux View Post
Hey George,
What should I use for matte black rims?
I just purchased Poorboy's Spray & Rinse. Would this be to harsh on the black rims?
I like to keep everything on my car clean and using the spray and wash would help me maintain a well kept car until I can wash over the weekend.
I have a car duster so all I need for a quick clean is the rims. And I drive over 500 miles in a week so my car gets petty dusty...LA freeways... Malibu canyons...
Maybe you have another suggestion?
Thanks,
Evan
Evan, if your wheels are matte black I'm assuming they are some sort of aftermarket wheels. Spray & Rinse isn't recommended on all types of wheel finishes because it's acidic in nature. I'd recommend diluting it pretty highly with water before using it. Be sure to test it in a small area first before using it all over your wheels.

What I'd suggest for regular upkeep is protecting your wheels with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant and getting on regular maintenance with soap and water and a dedicated wheel wash mitt. If you keep up with the work, you shouldn't need a strong cleaner like Spray & Rinse.

With the wheels protected with wheel sealant, you can also usually get away with cleaning them with a quick detailer on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGerm View Post
Thanks for the info. What polish pad combo would you recommend for micro scratch removal on SG paint?
Micro scratch meaning swirl marks or a small scratch? Usually something like PO106FA on a white or green pad is what I recommend for light imperfections.

Quote:
thanks George; I appreciate it.
Anytime, happy to help.

George
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 02:19 AM   #805
flux
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
So what should I use the Spray & Rinse for? Out of curiosity.
Engine bay maybe?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #806
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So what should I use the Spray & Rinse for? Out of curiosity.
Engine bay maybe?
Thanks
You are probably safe to use it on your wheels at a high dilution, something like 6:1 would be a good starting point. Spray & Rinse is ideal for stock alloy wheels that you literally want to spray it on and rinse it off and that is it. You wouldn't want the product to sit on your wheels for too long.

Due to the high acidic content, I wouldn't recommend using it in your engine bay just as a precautionary measure.

Hope that helps,

George
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #807
flux
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Thanks George!! I orders the wheel selant Really excited.
I think I am addicted to buying detailing products. haha
Thats good for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #808
trauma2020
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 328

I had a quick question about claying.. After I clay using PB spray and wipe as a lubricant, should I wash the car again before applying an AIO/sealant?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #809
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks George!! I orders the wheel selant Really excited.
I think I am addicted to buying detailing products. haha
Thats good for you.
Keep us posted on what you think of it once you get a chance to use it. We greatly appreciate your support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma2020 View Post
I had a quick question about claying.. After I clay using PB spray and wipe as a lubricant, should I wash the car again before applying an AIO/sealant?
Thanks
If you do a good job removing most of the clay bar residue with a quality towel after each section, then you can go right to an AIO type product. The cleaners in the AIO would remove any excess residue and lay down a layer of protectant. If you were to go to a straight sealant without cleaners, then you may want to consider a re-wash to ensure all of the S&W residue is off of your vehicle.

Hope this helps,

George
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #810
MrZ
Second Lieutenant
Belarus
Rep
Drives: 330i

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258511
Any ideas, George?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #811
ejosh99
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

I clayed my car approximately six months ago. I applied a paint cleaner (Klasse AIO) and a sealant (Klasse SG). Do i need to clay again? Just touching the paint, it still feels smooth.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #812
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
You could look into the Leatherique products. Here's an article on how one of the top professional detailers uses Leatherique to restore leather for his customers vehicles. Leatherique is our monthly special for May too so you can pick it up at a great price. Good luck, hopefully this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejosh99 View Post
I clayed my car approximately six months ago. I applied a paint cleaner (Klasse AIO) and a sealant (Klasse SG). Do i need to clay again? Just touching the paint, it still feels smooth.
If the paint is still smooth, then you can probably hold off on claying it again. Using a clay bar will thoroughly remove contamination from your paint and help improve the results of polishing and the durability of your sealant. The only reason I may suggest doing it now is to get the benefit of assuring you get the maximum durability out of the Klasse combo.

Cheers,

George
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #813
nupe05
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i black/coral red

Detailing engine bay.. Good or bad idea?
if ok to do what do u recommend

thanks in advance

335i Jet Black/Coral Red JB3 1.3/BMS DCI
64 Lincoln Continental
08 Range Rover Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #814
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupe05 View Post
Detailing engine bay.. Good or bad idea?
if ok to do what do u recommend

thanks in advance
Good idea! Here's a link to a how-to guide on engine bay detailing.

If you have any questions, let me know.

George
Appreciate 0