E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Thinking about buying a 86 735

07-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP

Thinking about buying a 86 735

Sooo I found an 86 735 for sale. Cars been in storage for the last year or so. Its an 86 with 148k on the clock. The interior is almost flawless, looks as good as my 08 335. Exterior is good around the back but up front the fenders are rusted out at the bottom and a little bit of cancer on a door or 2 where the trim pops in. Cars in the back of big warehouse with a whole bunch of other cars and Im thinking about it. Besides the rust, when the guy put it away it wouldn't start anymore, I turned the key (weak battery) didn't hear the fuel pump kick on just a pump up front under the hood, had a little exhaust leak he claims also. Besides that its all minor, i didn't get it up to check the front end but a whole kit online is 220 bucks. He bought the car a couple years back on from a new car trade in.

A few things that caught my eye were, BMW CCA sticker on the back window, full tool kit (back when they had 20+ tools in it, OEM BMW car over, BMW leather nose guard etc. So it leads me to believe it was taken care off. He's asking 1500. Im so torn on this, I don't want to get into a basket case. He's going to wheel to the front and have a mechanic come over and see if it will run. I pulled the dip stick and the oil smelt like gas, not sure whats up with that maybe it was pumping to much gas before? or it flooded? If anyone can chime about these old cars let me know!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #2
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP

Well pushed it out of the warehouse where it was and heres a little shitty pic! it was dark by the time we moved all the cars blocking it in!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0