E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Real Madrid Vs Manchester United

02-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #23
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 Alpine White

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2017 BMW F30 330D  [0.00]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Ronaldo to score a hattrick past his ex-team of old age pensioners and dutch traitors.

02-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #24
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Big loss for tomorrow night is scholes being injured. He cant do 90 mins, but bring him on in final 30 for some killer passes - and there is a chance.

RVP is on fire at the mo... if i were fergie id be tempted to really change it up totally.

Id go 433 .... wellbeck will run at the defence all night, kagawa will run as well. The spanish game isnt as demanding as the premiership and closing down players and stopping them playing is the only way to beat them.

Their weakest link is their keeper - a few early balls to test him (assumign united have any possesion!) would be brilliant.

On their day United can beat anyone - if they can stop Ronaldo tomorrow they have a chance, otherwise i fear a loss.

But as a United fan... these are the games you want to watch.
      02-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #25
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None at present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Yep would definitely take a score draw!
Great to see some footy chat on here, about time

Two things United must do:
  1. score (away goals are crucial in knockout), over to you RVP
  2. stop Ronaldo, easily Madrid's biggest threat. Assuming he operates on the left, Rafael and Valencia have the mobility and energy to do that
Really looking forward to the next two nights footy.

Oh, and you United / Gooner / Hammers fans - try being a Pompey fan. We may not even have a club soon...........

Mike.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #26
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Big loss for tomorrow night is scholes being injured. He cant do 90 mins, but bring him on in final 30 for some killer passes - and there is a chance.

RVP is on fire at the mo... if i were fergie id be tempted to really change it up totally.

Id go 433 .... wellbeck will run at the defence all night, kagawa will run as well. The spanish game isnt as demanding as the premiership and closing down players and stopping them playing is the only way to beat them.

Their weakest link is their keeper - a few early balls to test him (assumign united have any possesion!) would be brilliant.

On their day United can beat anyone - if they can stop Ronaldo tomorrow they have a chance, otherwise i fear a loss.

But as a United fan... these are the games you want to watch.
Agree with you, and Welbeck is a good call. Personally i think 433 when attacking and 451 when defending would work, so the wide front 2 dropping into midfield when defending.

I do like the idea of attacking them, will make it a great match to watch, a classic even. But i suspect it will be more of a smash and grab mission

I don't think Kagawa is ready for this match, hasn't really been impressive apart from before his injury. He definitely has class though and could step up to the plate. Fergie might start him as we had a pretty strong team Vs Everton.

Going to be fascinating to see what team/tactics the gaffer goes for
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Hampshire View Post
Two things United must do:
  1. score (away goals are crucial in knockout), over to you RVP
  2. stop Ronaldo, easily Madrid's biggest threat. Assuming he operates on the left, Rafael and Valencia have the mobility and energy to do that
Definitely need to score, and i think Rafael and Valencia are the best two wide men we have to try and stop Ronaldo
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #28
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Come on Celtic you can do this...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #29
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Come on Celtic you can do this...
That was a harsh lesson.

We didn't do enough in the final third but we dominated the entire game.

Juventus looked lost and couldn't pass the ball for peanuts outside a few clinical moves doubled up with awful defending.

Ambrose should have never played and it showed. At fault for their goals and missed a sitter.

Sadly I think English football is in serious decline.

Real Madrid are having a very poor season but I just can't see Man Utd beating them.

English teams have been comprehensively beaten by average teams in the last few years and I think Real are a bridge too far.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #30
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

3-3 draw. I hope we win. Or atleast draw!

When Cristiano comes to Old trafford, I think we will be doomed.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Old trafford, scholes on pitch and trademark tackle on ronaldo to knobble him!

(only hope i think united have of winning!!)
      02-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #32
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Lol, Arsenal fan i guess? I would feel just as bitter to be honest.

Edit: Its like going to a war with an enemy. You wouldn't trust your fellow soldiers if they came from the enemy, why wouldn't they do it again?
Which is why van Persie will screw you lot over sooner or later, the threacherous lying hazz handed little shit.

Yes. Arsenal fan, season ticket holder this season also. Proper fan, not a plastic one And you can't accuse any Arse fan of being a glory hunter either!
      02-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #33
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
That was a harsh lesson.

We didn't do enough in the final third but we dominated the entire game.

Juventus looked lost and couldn't pass the ball for peanuts outside a few clinical moves doubled up with awful defending.

Ambrose should have never played and it showed. At fault for their goals and missed a sitter.

Sadly I think English football is in serious decline.

Real Madrid are having a very poor season but I just can't see Man Utd beating them.

English teams have been comprehensively beaten by average teams in the last few years and I think Real are a bridge too far.
Replace English with Scottish. What's Celtic got to do with England? And if you meant British then I'd politely say don't tar us with the same Samaras tarred brush!

The English league is the most competetive in the world. In Spain the same two clubs win everything full stop. Italy, the two Milan teams have declined significantly and Juventus are involved in Match Fixing allegations YET AGAIN.
IMHO - The only league which is as exciting to watch is the Bundesliga as there are a number of contenders there also.
      02-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #34
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

great result for united.... all to do still but 1-1 .... great result!

De Gea and Wellbeck - def stepped up tonight.
      02-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #35
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Which is why van Persie will screw you lot over sooner or later, the threacherous lying hazz handed little shit.

Yes. Arsenal fan, season ticket holder this season also. Proper fan, not a plastic one And you can't accuse any Arse fan of being a glory hunter either!
Haha well i won't comment as i'd be enraged too!

Would never accuse an Arsenal fan of that! I have respect for Arsenal as a club, way more than Chelsea and City. At least they have some heritage and tradition, which i feel is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
great result for united.... all to do still but 1-1 .... great result!

De Gea and Wellbeck - def stepped up tonight.
Brilliant result! Agree De Gea and Welbz played one of their best matches to date. Phil Jones also did well considering it was Ronaldo he was there for.

Can't believe RVP missed those chances, and Giggs hit it first time!!!

Long 3 week wait now
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #36
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Also, WTF was the ref playing at?? Blowing for full time just when we were about to take a corner
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #37
sives
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Saving to get a e46 m3 ;)

Wellbeck playing really well, should have scored that second goal. De Gea was just amazing if he saved ronaldo goal , he would have raped in praise by the media .

He is gonna get better soon, even the legend schmiecial said he played well.

Van persie played alright. he should have scored that goal tho. but overall i was impressed with the draw.

come on united
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #38
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Replace English with Scottish. What's Celtic got to do with England? And if you meant British then I'd politely say don't tar us with the same Samaras tarred brush!

The English league is the most competetive in the world. In Spain the same two clubs win everything full stop. Italy, the two Milan teams have declined significantly and Juventus are involved in Match Fixing allegations YET AGAIN.
IMHO - The only league which is as exciting to watch is the Bundesliga as there are a number of contenders there also.
Is that the same competitive English league that the league is virtually over in the middle of February and has been the same team winning 12 out of the previous 21 season with a few blips along the way?

Blackburn bought the league and will never get back there. Chelsea the same and don't look like getting back there, Man City bought it and any new competition rules in relation to finances will kill their finances to challenge and Arsenal are miles away from challenging.

The gap is widening at the top of the league.

Man City had the worst champions league position of any English team ever.

Chelsea were the first winners to get knocked out in the group stages the following year. Finishing behind Juventus and Shaktar.

We have watched English teams struggle against average European teams in recent years. Yes Chelsea won the CL last year but let's be honest they were completely outclassed in many games.

Arsenal looked touch and go this year before finishing second in the group behind Shalke and narrowly ahead of the Olympianikos.

Man Utd has about an easy a group as champions league groups can be.

Man Utd failed to qualify last year finishing behind Benfica and Basle before getting outclassed by a mid table Althletico Bilbao.

Man City finished behind Bayern and Napoli last year before getting knocked out the Europa league by Sporting Lisbon.

The English premier is good to watch. I'm not saying that at all.

From relatively comfortable qualification for many in champions league groups, too often the English teams are getting outclassed.

That wasnt the case a few years back.

Man Utd did better than I thought last night. Fair play to them.

Nobody can pretend that the runaway league leaders are anywhere near the team they once were?

Last edited by Kerr; 02-14-2013 at 04:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:27 AM   #39
dobbo99
Major
Rep
Drives: E39 530 oldskool

agree with Kerr, quality of Prem has fallen in last 3 or 4 seasons in my opinion.

City's defence of the title has been disappointing, almost as if winning it once with all the cash was all that mattered. and their efforts in Champs league have been very poor indeed and showed up Mancini lack of competence IMO.

to many times English teams are outwitted tactically in europe, even in the Europa league. I dont expect any of the English teams to achieve anything in Europe this year.

Spurs have been awful in their euro games, and thats from a season ticket holder. mind you we havent been great in the league either to be fair, we havent performed better this season, I feel that the other teams have underperformed which has enabled the gap to close.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:34 AM   #40
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

We'll keep our Red flag flying high, cause Man United will never die.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #41
AdamC
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCI M135i

Garage List
Ding ding, round 2.

Come on United!!!!

Giggsy making his 1000th senior appearance but no Rooney.
Fergie putting a lot of faith in Nani starting him tonight.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #42
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
Rep

Omitting Rooney I sort of understand. He played wide in the away leg and wasn't very effective. But Nani? Really, SAF? We'll see I suppose, it's just Nani is very inconsistent.
Rooney to come on as sub to win it 2-1 for United. Ronaldo to score for Real.

Mike.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #43
golfmck1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320 msport

Boonkers team selection if u ask me
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #44
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
Rep

Never a red card in a million years. Match fixing, referees......makes you wonder.
Mike.
Appreciate 0