E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Official Dynavin BMW E9X Review, Pics, Questions, etc.

01-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #45
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
'Before i purchased i contacted Dynavin directly and they referred me to Car Audio Craze and Trent specifically. After speaking with him he told me they have been dealing with Dynavin for about two years now and were one of the first Dynavin Authorized resellers in the US.

Just to be sure i did a google for "caraudiocraze trent" and came up with numerous things about their good service with the Dynavin customers.'

Well that's a different story then - looks as if you definitely did your homework!

Guess what I was told elsewhere is not tru then

Do you really think they would offer these units for less than the $699 under a GB?
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #46
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graduated to a 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
'Before i purchased i contacted Dynavin directly and they referred me to Car Audio Craze and Trent specifically. After speaking with him he told me they have been dealing with Dynavin for about two years now and were one of the first Dynavin Authorized resellers in the US.

Just to be sure i did a google for "caraudiocraze trent" and came up with numerous things about their good service with the Dynavin customers.'

Well that's a different story then - looks as if you definitely did your homework!

Guess what I was told elsewhere is not tru then

Do you really think they would offer these units for less than the $699 under a GB?
Yeah i dont have $700 bones to toss around so i made sure i was getting something to show for it. Like i said they have helped me along the way with my errors or lack of knowledge and did send me a possible solution for the optical cables free of charge.

And yes i think if we got a decent group together ~10+ they wouldnt have a problem giving another $10-20 off and then maybe more if it got even bigger.

Also, for the AUX, i didnt connect my OEM aux and dont even know how it connects to the stock headunit so i cant be of much assistance. But you could easily do an RCA to 3.5mm female cable and run it to the center console and it would be comparable to stock! I didnt setup much extra as i only really use the radio, ipod, cd and nav.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #47
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
You just made me feel so much better about dealing w/ Car audio Craze now that u posted this.. I believe I was going to regardless for econimical reasons but this seals the deal...

So Trent actually just left me a msg.. He will be in meetings for the rest of the day.. He will be communicating with me VIA..

I have asked the following questions:

-Coupon code
-Confirmation of components and accesories, i.e. wire harness, ashtray/seat heat kit etc.
-Group buy of 5, discount????
-Group buy of 10, discount???

we get 10 commited buyers, thats 7k in 1 shot for these guys.. Even if they did 650 for us, thats a great deal for both us and them...

Any commited buyers???? ANY????

Dynavin E90 Group Buy List

-LuvMyRide (John SF Bay area)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine328i View Post
Before i purchased i contacted Dynavin directly and they referred me to Car Audio Craze and Trent specifically. After speaking with him he told me they have been dealing with Dynavin for about two years now and were one of the first Dynavin Authorized resellers in the US.

Just to be sure i did a google for "caraudiocraze trent" and came up with numerous things about their good service with the Dynavin customers.

I re-timed the startup and its 8 seconds or less from pushing start to music playing!

I am sure they would be willing to do a GB as i found threads on other GB's they have done for Audi units and such.

There are Aux inputs in the back that you can run extension cables to wherever in the form of RCA's and also a USB!

Hope that helps guys, keep the questions coming if you have more!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #48
Lafayette702
e92>e46
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 328i

i got mine from the Dynavin Dealer guy (cant say his name he got locked out the forums ) but hes on the e46 forums listed as a dealer . $750 shipped 2 days but that was before xmas when there wasnt very many made yet
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #49
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graduated to a 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette702 View Post
i got mine from the Dynavin Dealer guy (cant say his name he got locked out the forums ) but hes on the e46 forums listed as a dealer . $750 shipped 2 days but that was before xmas when there wasnt very many made yet
Ya, I totally understand and paid a higher price too to get it early and am not trying to offend any advertisers but just posting my personal experiences and thoughts on where the best deal for these units is that I found!

Let me know what other questions you may have!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 05:30 AM   #50
Lafayette702
e92>e46
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine328i View Post
Ya, I totally understand and paid a higher price too to get it early and am not trying to offend any advertisers but just posting my personal experiences and thoughts on where the best deal for these units is that I found!

Let me know what other questions you may have!
thanks for your DIY guide BTW if i forgot to thank ya i did everything just like you except for the GPS antenna i mounted mine under the hood
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 06:05 AM   #51
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
So you are running the output of the Head Unit into the Hi Fi Amp .
So that would mean for it to sound better the Inputs have to provide a better signal . I thought I read some where that the Head Unit had 50 watts per channel which is more that the High Fi has, on all but the underseats. It looks like you would have wanted to run some of the speakers of that.
This is like increasing the gain on an aftermarket amp - it will sound louder while giving the impression that it is a "better" sound.

The reason that the Dynavin apparently sounds better than the OEM HU with HiFi low level outputs into the OEM amp is due to the Dynavin high level outputs into the OEM amp. It has nothing to do with having a better signal, just a much higher amplitude signal and current input.

If anything a low level signal is relatively cleaner than a high level signal by definition, as a low level signal is pre-amp.

The good news about this is that somehow the OEM amp can accept high level signals, but the bad news is that we do not know how much of that signal power it can accept and for how long before its input stage is burned out. So this is a crap shoot.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #52
jitinmistry
Rep
Drives: 320D SE

Does the Rear PDC still work after the HU was installed?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #53
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
I believe my car is HiFi because the stock sound is amazing, but I do I confirm???
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #54
pkirk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyRide View Post
I believe my car is HiFi because the stock sound is amazing, but I do I confirm???
As I understand, the base system in the US is referred to as HiFi. It sounds horrible...like what you might expect to find in a $15K Kia.

If yours sounds great then:
1) I am jealous.
2) You probably have an upgraded system.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #55
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

FYI system descriptions(bmw stock systems)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1209780865

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1209780605

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...2&d=1266451970

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352586
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #56
Lafayette702
e92>e46
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitinmistry View Post
Does the Rear PDC still work after the HU was installed?
yes... but you cant adjust the vol (yet)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:51 AM   #57
phistyle
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e92 335i

bleh wished this thing supported logic 7..I'm going to wait and see how the support is for this unit before I commit...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #58
pkirk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette702 View Post
yes... but you cant adjust the vol (yet)
OK - please help me. What is "PDC"?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #59
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
Well IMO my stock system sounds GREAT, and I'm almost cetain I DO NOT have logic7....

In fact me and Dave (SES_D) were saying how in our year (06') they upgraded the stock system somethin LOVELY, then tuned it back down in 07'+... What year is your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirk View Post
As I understand, the base system in the US is referred to as HiFi. It sounds horrible...like what you might expect to find in a $15K Kia.

If yours sounds great then:
1) I am jealous.
2) You probably have an upgraded system.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #60
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
Ok so this paste is from Trent directly from Car Audio Craze:

John,
Yes the $40 coupon code is fine I can apply that for you when you are ready to purchase!

All necessary items for functionality are included, the only thing that may be additional is a coupler for the optical system to eliminate BMW Assist errors but it is still in testing so no worries on that for now.

Yes seat heater strip relocation is included in either brushed or black finishes.

Warranties are one year on the units and its through us. If there is an issue we can fix we will, if not we will have to send it out to Dynavin and they will fix it but the wait time is a little lengthy sometimes.

For a GB we can discuss the discounts and such further but here is what I could definitely do:

0-5 Units : $700 Shipped (basically the coupon code but free shipping too)
6-10 Units: $680 Shipped
11-15 Units: $660 Shipped

I think those prices are very fair and as they go down I am breaking MAP requirements for Dynavin so please be careful where you post them!

Then he writes:

The units are still in production as there were only a few made for testing. They will be done at the end of this month though and I will have them about 5 days after that!

BMW Assist is like BMW’s ONSTAR and yes it costs money per year but even if you aren’t subscribed it will put up an error if you have it.

Yeah it is the whole ashtray, not just for the strip. You can let me know if you want black or brushed.

COME ON PEOPLE.. WE CAN GET A GREAT PRICE ON THIS!!!

Are you tellin me that there are @ least (5) more of you that want this so we can get it @ $680???!!!!

DYNAVIN E90 Group Buy:

1)LuvMyRide
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #61
pkirk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well IMO my stock system sounds GREAT, and I'm almost cetain I DO NOT have logic7....

In fact me and Dave (SES_D) were saying how in our year (06') they upgraded the stock system somethin LOVELY, then tuned it back down in 07'+... What year is your car?
Mine is 2008.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #62
pkirk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ok so this paste is from Trent directly from Car Audio Craze:

John,
Yes the $40 coupon code is fine I can apply that for you when you are ready to purchase!

All necessary items for functionality are included, the only thing that may be additional is a coupler for the optical system to eliminate BMW Assist errors but it is still in testing so no worries on that for now.

Yes seat heater strip relocation is included in either brushed or black finishes.

Warranties are one year on the units and its through us. If there is an issue we can fix we will, if not we will have to send it out to Dynavin and they will fix it but the wait time is a little lengthy sometimes.

For a GB we can discuss the discounts and such further but here is what I could definitely do:

0-5 Units : $700 Shipped (basically the coupon code but free shipping too)
6-10 Units: $680 Shipped
11-15 Units: $660 Shipped

I think those prices are very fair and as they go down I am breaking MAP requirements for Dynavin so please be careful where you post them!

Then he writes:

The units are still in production as there were only a few made for testing. They will be done at the end of this month though and I will have them about 5 days after that!

BMW Assist is like BMW’s ONSTAR and yes it costs money per year but even if you aren’t subscribed it will put up an error if you have it.

Yeah it is the whole ashtray, not just for the strip. You can let me know if you want black or brushed.

COME ON PEOPLE.. WE CAN GET A GREAT PRICE ON THIS!!!

Are you tellin me that there are @ least (5) more of you that want this so we can get it @ $680???!!!!

DYNAVIN E90 Group Buy:

1)LuvMyRide
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
I gave Trent a down payment on one a couple weeks ago, so he would probably not count mine as part of the discount offer :-(
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #63
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
Let me work that out with him.. I'm sure I can.. whats your name?? In the mean time, put your name on the list
Quote:
I gave Trent a down payment on one a couple weeks ago, so he would probably not count mine as part of the discount offer :-(
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #64
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
I sent Trent an email. I believe he is going to honor you on our GB
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #65
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
OK - please help me. What is "PDC"?
Park Distance Control

System that has sensors in the bumper to alert you as you get close to objects
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #66
srcstc
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS

GUI needs a lotta work and it sticks out too much at the bottom. Makes it look sloppy/improperly installed. Why didn't you just go with a double-din?
Appreciate 0