E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Official Dynavin BMW E9X Review, Pics, Questions, etc.

01-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #133
hokie4life03
VT Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
I think I am going to let you guys try it out first, and hopefully version 2 will support Logic 7.
      01-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #134
M BROK3
Major
Rep
Drives: F95 , G80 M3, F80 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokie4life03 View Post
I think I am going to let you guys try it out first, and hopefully version 2 will support Logic 7.
we should start a thread for all the people interested in this but have Logic 7, if we have enough people may be the manufacturer will think about it
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #135
twinship
Booosted
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ception View Post
we should start a thread for all the people interested in this but have Logic 7, if we have enough people may be the manufacturer will think about it
you can add me to that list!
2008 BMW 335i//Jet Black on Black Dakota Leather//Steptronic, Sport Package, Premium Package, Logic7 Sound, Aluminum Trim, iPOD & USB, Cobb S1+ Sport, ER FMIC, ER CP, K&N Filter, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, ECS Tuning spacers (F-10mm/R-15mm), Akebono pads, OEM Rear Aero Spoiler, OEM Sport Diffusor, Cyba 3.8" Tips, OEM Aluminum Pedals, M-tech Steering Wheel, Clear Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #136
Jred22
Meat Puppet
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinship View Post
you can add me to that list!
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 04:18 AM   #137
jitinmistry
Rep
Drives: 320D SE

Has any one who purchased thier units recieved it yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #138
moto_noob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 e90 325i

can someone clarify for me the install? is the dynavin powered by a fuse tap into the fuse box?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #139
AlexRo
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 facelift

why dont you wait guys for Hualingan ? is better than dynavin and looks much better
http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/products_view.php?VID=475
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:54 AM   #140
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexRo View Post
why dont you wait guys for Hualingan ? is better than dynavin and looks much better
http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/products_view.php?VID=475
Funny how it looks just like the Dynavin except SD slots are moved from top to bottom of unit.

Most of these competing Asian countries have no friggen innovation at all

All they do is buy each others shit and make carbon copies, then call them by a different name - too bad the quality is not all the same
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #141
AlexRo
Private
Rep

how can you know this?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #142
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Dynavin = German Company

They were the 1st company to design & produce aftermarket head units for Audi, BMW, Mercedes and the first to release the E9x unit

Hualingan = Chinese Company

Now all of a sudden, they too have an E9x unit coming out soon...

See any similarities?

What's the odds that (2) different companies, in (2) different parts of the world would make units that are so similar?

Dynavin

Hualingan

If I have my choice of buying a German product or Chinese product - I'll buy German every time.

I have worked in various U.S. industries & major corporations for 31 years as a Mechanical Design Engineer including automotive, vacuum pumps, electronic devices, tungsten carbide & have seen the replication first hand.

U.S. company will sell a highly researched/developed product to an Asian country with the promise of repeat orders - to find that low & behold, after they get the 1st unit, there are no more orders and we find that within a short amount of time they have their own product that looks almost the same with supposedly the same functions.

I can tell you just because it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck - doesn't make it a duck - the quality is NOT the same.

All you have to do is look at cars manufactured today to SEE how designs are being copied.

As far as I am concerned, if you can't come up with your own innovative product, and are simply a 'copying machine' - I have no use for you...

Obviously this is a real sore spot with me
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #143
scubasteve2365
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Dynavin = German Company

They were the 1st company to design & produce aftermarket head units for Audi, BMW, Mercedes and the first to release the E9x unit

Hualingan = Chinese Company

Now all of a sudden, they too have an E9x unit coming out soon...

See any similarities?

What's the odds that (2) different companies, in (2) different parts of the world would make units that are so similar?

Dynavin

Hualingan

If I have my choice of buying a German product or Chinese product - I'll buy German every time.

I have worked in various U.S. industries & major corporations for 31 years as a Mechanical Design Engineer including automotive, vacuum pumps, electronic devices, tungsten carbide & have seen the replication first hand.

U.S. company will sell a highly researched/developed product to an Asian country with the promise of repeat orders - to find that low & behold, after they get the 1st unit, there are no more orders and we find that within a short amount of time they have their own product that looks almost the same with supposedly the same functions.

I can tell you just because it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck - doesn't make it a duck - the quality is NOT the same.

All you have to do is look at cars manufactured today to SEE how designs are being copied.

As far as I am concerned, if you can't come up with your own innovative product, and are simply a 'copying machine' - I have no use for you...

Obviously this is a real sore spot with me
I'm an electrical engineer in manufacturing and I 100% agree.

Moreso, even if this Chinese manufacturer had developed a product on their own innovation it wouldn't stand next to Dynavin's experience in this industry. I'll take German engineering over Chinese "engineering" any day of the week.

With that said, I'm interested in buying the Dynavin unit but am curious about stock levels and dealer trustworthiness. I don't want to plop down a "pre-order" payment and then be stuck waiting 8 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #144
AlexRo
Private
Rep

wow.. thanx a lot for information! i didnt knew this. I was waiting for hualingan to appear, i though dynavin are chinese products. Can you tell me a site where to order dynavin for best price? I;m from romania
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #145
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Well, Dynavin doesn't even have this unit up on their site as of yet, but they can be had from forum sponsors JLeviSW or Bimmian, or the company that spurred the GB described in this thread - Caraudiocraze

I don't want to play favorites, or devils advocate - but just check out the vendors mentioned, do some comparison price shoppping (don't forget to throw in vendor reputation) & make a choice
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #146
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Dynavin = German Company
ORLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynavin
Dynavin electronic(HK) Co.,Ltd was established in 2003 year in Hongkong which has the branch firm in Karlsruhe,Germany, and the factory is located in Shenzhen city..
http://www.dynavin.com/aboutus.php
      02-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #147
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Any chance these are the same

Same subcontractor with slightly different faceplates?
Made at the same factory?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #148
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 650i GC M-sport

Quote:
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #149
scubasteve2365
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
Read the rest of the about me.

Quote:
Dynavin is the first company who designed and produced the aftermaket headunits of AUDI, BMW and Mercedes, Meanwhile, also is the first company who lead in the 3G internet and GPS Tracker etc peripheral application to the headunits. Our brand comes from Germany, its design and main components are all purchasing from Europe directly. Each new product we designed each time, all will be tested in different configuration cars around 10 times in Germany to be sure the headunit can be matched the uniform brand and model car with different configuration .

Dynavin branch firm in Karlsruhe,Germany, located Germany CAR CITY which is closed with Stuttgart, We keep the favorable cooperation relationship with Germany Car Manufacturer and the local car dealer all the time, so that we can master the first information of the car accessories and data updated changes. We have more than 100 dealers in Germany, and have the distributors in some countries in all over of the world.

The production bases of Dynavin is located in Shenzhen,China which covers an area of 2,000 square meters, with more than 100 skilled and experienced workers. On the meanwhile Dynavin still has close cooperation and relations with other accessory suppilers to ensure all delivery time are in time.Especially,an experienced QC team makes the full testing on the products before the shipping to make sure that all packs can be delivered to the destination in good order. Our products have passed the CE, ROHS, E-MARK and FCC certification.
The engineering is German the production is Chinese.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #150
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graduated to a 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

x2. Everyting in the US is made in China. The Apple laptop i am typing on was engineered and designed in the US but, wait, where was it made? In China...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #151
edvc520
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

is it too late to jump in the GB?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #152
moto_noob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 e90 325i

anyone have answer for power issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #153
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

Exactly ^^^^^^^ I am fully aware that the production plant & manufacturing is in China - but the products are actually designed/engineered in Germany.

As you well know, many items are mfg. in China due to cheap labor (which has been changing as of late as their people become unsatisfied and labor rates are going up).

While I am definitely not a proponent of companies farming their mfg. to China, it is a reality that will not soon go away as the almighty $$ is the ruler, with no thoughts of the future...

But the plant in China only mfg. the item - all important engineering/design/specifications are done in Germany
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #154
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto_noob View Post
anyone have answer for power issue?
According to the instructions, only (1) yellow wire needs to be hooked to fuse panel.

Here is link to instructions courtesy of Bimmian - wiring schematic is on Page 21:

http://www.bimmian.com/elements/page.../GPS/GPS9X.pdf
Appreciate 0