E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Strange noise during breaking and acceleration

02-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
TheM3Boy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

Strange noise during breaking and acceleration

I have a 335 and when I break a little harder than normal I hear that strange noise, it is very hard to describe. It sounds like something is sliding, almost like a metal piece(s) sliding forward. When I accelerate after that I hear that same sound, like it is sliding back. The car drives and breaks absolutely perfect otherwise so I have no clue what could it be. The front breaks were changed and have only about 1000km on them.

In the video, on the 34-35th seconds of the clip (3 seconds after I say "break") the noise is most pronounced but you can hear it also on the 6-7th seconds during acceleration.

Any suggestions !?!

Last edited by TheM3Boy; 02-08-2013 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
BillionPa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I am gonna guess there is something under the engine, on top of the plastic shield... like a wrench. The audio is not quite clear enough, but I have heard similar sounds when crap like pebbles and road salt gets trapped on that shield
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
TheM3Boy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

That will be difficult to check without lifting it so I should probably take it to a garage but it kind of makes sense.

I bought the car recently and the front breaks were changed just before I got it because they were almost gone and I asked them to. I don't know what kind of pads they put.I was wondering if say they installed cheap break pads, could it be coming from them?
Appreciate 0