E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > $15000 to fix engine per dealer (Options) PLS ADVISE

10-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #155
sy2767
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5

Everyone here is trying to help you by giving you sound advice but you seem hesitant to accept what most are saying, I say find the $15.000 the dealer wants and get your new engine, ignore the good advice provided here and you will sleep better at night thinking you did the right thing. Now I say close this thread......
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #156
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2767 View Post
Everyone here is trying to help you by giving you sound advice but you seem hesitant to accept what most are saying, I say find the $15.000 the dealer wants and get your new engine, ignore the good advice provided here and you will sleep better at night thinking you did the right thing. Now I say close this thread......
THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #157
CenCal X3M Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3M Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Do a Carfax on you vin. it will tell you your vehicle's history, including the date it was first sold. If it is not salvaged and you are/were within your warranty period, tell them that it needs to be covered under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #158
asado111
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I think the OP is not telling us something..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #159
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by asado111 View Post
I think also that is the case.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #160
tsa1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 335i

I just spent way too much time reading through these 8 pages of NONSENSE by the OP.

I'm happy to see the E90 community come out and try to help each other out! But you are WASTING your time with this valentine guy, he's so dense, you give him good advice and then he responds with two word answers. Its hard to help someone that wont help themselves, and this guy is not doing himself any favors. This guy is not very smart, plain and simple and you guys are wasting your time. I feel, like many of you, that he is leaving out other details to this situation.

That being said, I'm happy i have a CPO warranty for 14 more months! Only issue i've had with my N54 is 3 injectors malfunctioning. Also, my evaporator went out.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #161
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by asado111 View Post
okay.......

Alpine White BMW 335i coupe (sports package)/M3 Rear spoiler/M3 Side Skirts/M-tech front bumper/Mtech Rear Bumper/Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #162
the_awakening
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Valentine,
While I think this entire situation is extremely unfortunate, there is nobody to blame but yourself. Some people are saying they feel bad that this happened to a fellow "BMW Enthusiast". Honestly, a BMW enthusiast would never let their car go 25k without an oil change, nor allow a "huge oil leak" to remain unfixed. Had you considered adding oil yourself to counteract the leak? I honestly can't believe that an "enthusiast" wouldn't know how to add oil or would allow for the leak to remain unaddressed. It's just ridiculous. Additionally, an enthusiast would know exactly when their car is out of warranty. So what's the deal here? Was this car a salvage? Stolen?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response(s) were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room (forum) is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #163
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_awakening View Post
Valentine,
While I think this entire situation is extremely unfortunate, there is nobody to blame but yourself. Some people are saying they feel bad that this happened to a fellow "BMW Enthusiast". Honestly, a BMW enthusiast would never let their car go 25k without an oil change, nor allow a "huge oil leak" to remain unfixed. Had you considered adding oil yourself to counteract the leak? I honestly can't believe that an "enthusiast" wouldn't know how to add oil or would allow for the leak to remain unaddressed. It's just ridiculous. Additionally, an enthusiast would know exactly when their car is out of warranty. So what's the deal here? Was this car a salvage? Stolen?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response(s) were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room (forum) is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Where did you get 25k without an oil change? I was doing oil changes almost every other month, just not at the dealer (Car X). The last oil change I did at the dealer. Thanks for your time asshole.

Alpine White BMW 335i coupe (sports package)/M3 Rear spoiler/M3 Side Skirts/M-tech front bumper/Mtech Rear Bumper/Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #164
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just called bmw na again. They said the first in service was December 14 2006. Original dealer was Valencia BMW in California

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #165
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLove86 View Post
Just called bmw na again. They said the first in service was December 14 2006. Original dealer was Valencia BMW in California
Did you ask why your paper work states in service date 2008.

Sounds like your car was a demo that got beat the shit out of.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #166
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe- View Post
Did you ask why your paper work states in service date 2008.

Sounds like your car was a demo that got beat the shit out of.
Perhaps that was the first in service date for the car at Joe Perillo

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #167
MCoupeInsanity
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLove86 View Post
Perhaps that was the first in service date for the car at Joe Perillo
That's not how it works. "In service date" has a very specific meaning. It means the day the warranty period started to run. They don't list a "first in service date here at perillo" on the forms. Trust me on this. THEY DO NOT.
      10-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #168
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Are you sure you are giving us all of the facts? Something seems missing op...
      10-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #169
redline2001
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 328i

If he called BMW na and they say the first inservice date was 06 then you have to leave it at that.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #170
GunsOfNavarone
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

OP, I am sorry this happened to you and sorry you purchased a vehicle as nice as a BMW from a dealer that is not so nice. I have been to an affiliate of your dealer's facility in the south suburbs off of 294 to look at a vehicle. It took them two hours to find the keys, so I did a walk around their warehouse in detail. Full of super high end cars. In the back lot, a guy was spray painting a car, doing a "drive buy" body repair on a very high end car. As I looked closer, it appeared all the cars at this location were cars with issues getting drive by repairs.

I have also seen your dealer selling many lemon law vehicles from California. Could you have purchased a lemon law vehicle, and that is why the service date conflicts? BMW bought it back, and then put it back into service in 2008?

Again, sorry this happened to you. One of the reasons we buy BMWs is for their reliability, it is brutal to read of your experience.

Last edited by GunsOfNavarone; 10-30-2012 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #171
spicytofu
Fungineer
Rep
Drives: '11 E92

Everyone on here is holding this "in service date" as the key argument. I have not brought my car in for service yet, so I have no invoice to compare. I can guarantee that warranty starts from the date of purchase, not date of manufacturer. Even if they "punch" it, the warranty expiration date is shown on the invoice (or some other document). I remember seeing this because I bought my 2011 in 2012 brand new and I made sure that I did not lose warranty. The SA said I wont, the papers said I wont, even the finance guy said I wont. The best way to find this out is for those who know the exact day they bought their car (new or used), look at the in service date on the invoices. All this needs to match up if the OP is going to use this as his argument.

I am puzzled on how this "serpentine" belt got inside the valve cover and into the timing chain teeth. You must have a huge hole on the valve cover for this to happen. If true, I cant even begin to understand why this car was still being driven.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 02:31 AM   #172
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsOfNavarone View Post
OP, I am sorry this happened to you and sorry you purchased a vehicle as nice as a BMW from a dealer that is not so nice. I have been to an affiliate of your dealer's facility in the south suburbs off of 294 to look at a vehicle. It took them two hours to find the keys, so I did a walk around their warehouse in detail. Full of super high end cars. In the back lot, a guy was spray painting a car, doing a "drive buy" body repair on a very high end car. As I looked closer, it appeared all the cars at this location were cars with issues getting drive by repairs.

I have also seen your dealer selling many lemon law vehicles from California. Could you have purchased a lemon law vehicle, and that is why the service date conflicts? BMW bought it back, and then put it back into service in 2008?

Again, sorry this happened to you. One of the reasons we buy BMWs is for their reliability, it is brutal to read of your experience.
I remember the guy at the dealer that sold it to me saying something about lemon law and I had to sign something. I had no clue what it meant and I signed

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 02:36 AM   #173
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytofu View Post
Everyone on here is holding this "in service date" as the key argument. I have not brought my car in for service yet, so I have no invoice to compare. I can guarantee that warranty starts from the date of purchase, not date of manufacturer. Even if they "punch" it, the warranty expiration date is shown on the invoice (or some other document). I remember seeing this because I bought my 2011 in 2012 brand new and I made sure that I did not lose warranty. The SA said I wont, the papers said I wont, even the finance guy said I wont. The best way to find this out is for those who know the exact day they bought their car (new or used), look at the in service date on the invoices. All this needs to match up if the OP is going to use this as his argument.

I am puzzled on how this "serpentine" belt got inside the valve cover and into the timing chain teeth. You must have a huge hole on the valve cover for this to happen. If true, I cant even begin to understand why this car was still being driven.
It seems that pieces of the serpentine belt is what was sucked in, not the whole belt lol. I mean were pieces as thin as hairs when the belt would fray and then snap. The current belt is still there as seen in the 2nd photo of the engine I posted.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #174
ihc95
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 2018 Mustang GT

Garage List
I say fuck it and get a 2JZ baby!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #175
Rookie83
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i 6mt cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
I say fuck it and get a 2JZ baby!!!
x2
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #176
SoFlo_Nick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current (392 Widebody Charger)

I say if you got the money its time to jump over to the F30, Cut your losses sell the car
Appreciate 0