E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > FAO anyone looking for a good coder/retrofitter

09-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

FAO anyone looking for a good coder/retrofitter

As a lot of people know, Sam (Makkan00) seems to of disappeared!
I know a lot of people including myself rated him highly and would only use him for work as he was trusted and well known.

I needed to find someone to help finish the install and coding for my TV tuner, and chanced upon someone on Pistonheads saying they had just had a set of M3 seats with electric and memory retrofitted by someone.
I got their details and decided to give them a go.

I drove to Jason's house in Redditch today and what can I say, I was VERY impressed with his work. Everything soldered, heat shrunk and even felt taped to look OEM. He coded and changed a few bits I had not asked for just to make it all correct and perfect.

He can and has pretty much done every retrofit that you can name, even down to complex stuff like adaptive xenons, adaptive cruise and including retrofitting stuff on brand new BMW's at dealerships!

I will be back again soon to get high beam assist fitted and the wiring for my pump up bolsters done too.

I mentioned that since Sam has gone there are quite a few people looking for a good coder, and he was happy for me to pass on his number, so give Jason a call/text on 07508 578579.

Highly recommended
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13343.50
      09-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
richk84
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: e93 330i

That's good to know, I've been thinking about a combo box for mine for a while but wanted someone who knows what there doing
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #3
stote
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335D Touring

That's really good, me too i want a combox and it seems we found the right person, will enquire prices
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 05:13 PM   #4
Len_Beach
Major
Rep
Drives: 435d

What actually happened to Sam for him to drop off the radar?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 07:20 PM   #5
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Sam sold his Beemer and put the money into property iirc, and diversified in other direction. I drove from Lancashire down to London to have him upgrade my e90 business nav to pro nav and he did an excellent job. I'd have no qualms about asking him to work on my F10 but unfortunately he's no longer around, but I wish him well whatever he's up to.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 03:02 AM   #6
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

I cannot recommend Jason enough. I met with him yesterday to have a few bits installed and coded. He knows his stuff inside out. He started out back in the day retrofitting sat Nav to the E46. Anyhow I was so impressed how he took things apart and put them all back together. He didn't cut any corners. Any ties, tape were replaced with like for like. He was meticulous in routing the wiring. There wasn't a scratch or scuff endured to the interior panels. He was happy to take questions and provided excellent answers and advice on the spot. He took his time with the install. With him you have someone you can trust and your car is in safe hands. Unlike some of the sheisters on here claiming to be experts - who waste your time and cannot answer questions. There are people on here who will tell you a 3 hour job can be done in an hour. Can you imagine the quality of that work (or lack of)? Jason had all the right tools for the job. He made coding look easy and he was creative in trying to solve the problems we came across like trying to get my DAB working. Ladies and gentleman here we have a man who is a retrofitting God. Price wise he was reasonable. We agreed a price and he stuck to it. I don't think there is anything he can't do. Watch out for the hidden speed camera on the main road to him! I think I might be seeing my first set of points in 20 years but whatever will be will be.

Last edited by Soul_Glo; 10-10-2016 at 12:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 03:35 AM   #7
gibbon7000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 coupe

Great stuff
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 03:47 AM   #8
HollowmanVIII
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series E92

Does he offer idrive retrofits at all? Something I've been interested in.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 06:20 AM   #9
HollowmanVIII
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2real4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowmanVIII View Post
Had done lots of those retrofits.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1290694
Where were they based?

I've been in contact with Jason who is only 2 hours away, just waiting for some quotes back.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 10:04 AM   #10
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowmanVIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2real4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowmanVIII View Post
Had done lots of those retrofits.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1290694
Where were they based?

I've been in contact with Jason who is only 2 hours away, just waiting for some quotes back.
He can do anything. Yes he does retrofit I-drive set ups.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #11
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest View Post
As a lot of people know, Sam (Makkan00) seems to of disappeared!
I know a lot of people including myself rated him highly and would only use him for work as he was trusted and well known.

I needed to find someone to help finish the install and coding for my TV tuner, and chanced upon someone on Pistonheads saying they had just had a set of M3 seats with electric and memory retrofitted by someone.
I got their details and decided to give them a go.

I drove to Jason's house in Redditch today and what can I say, I was VERY impressed with his work. Everything soldered, heat shrunk and even felt taped to look OEM. He coded and changed a few bits I had not asked for just to make it all correct and perfect.

He can and has pretty much done every retrofit that you can name, even down to complex stuff like adaptive xenons, adaptive cruise and including retrofitting stuff on brand new BMW's at dealerships!

I will be back again soon to get high beam assist fitted and the wiring for my pump up bolsters done too.

I mentioned that since Sam has gone there are quite a few people looking for a good coder, and he was happy for me to pass on his number, so give Jason a call/text on 07508 578579.

Highly recommended
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
Sam sold his Beemer and put the money into property iirc, and diversified in other direction. I drove from Lancashire down to London to have him upgrade my e90 business nav to pro nav and he did an excellent job. I'd have no qualms about asking him to work on my F10 but unfortunately he's no longer around, but I wish him well whatever he's up to.
Ian and Dest, thanks for kind words.

And Thanks for finding someone who can still help forum members.

Apologies to all who has tried to contact me. I have been really busy with personal life, finances... mortgages and a new job. Unfortunately, I have been out and about for 14 hours / day and hence could not keep up with bmw stuff.

Glad that you guys have founds others who can do whatever your guys want them to do.

I will still be lurking around but unfortunately will not be able to do any bmw stuff secondary to other commitments.

Since, I do mega miles, therefore plan is to get back to E90 or E92 diesel soon but 2 liter only so will be coming back to buy some stuff from classified and may start my own thread. I have a feeling that it will be limited mods this time.

Glad to see some familiars name and they are still around
Soul_Glo13343.50
      10-09-2016, 11:53 AM   #12
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Salaam Sam. Welcome back!! Good to hear from you.
Appreciate 1
makkan00885.50
      10-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #13
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hi Sam, great to hear you got your house sorted out. Best wishes.
Appreciate 1
makkan00885.50
      10-18-2016, 05:15 PM   #14
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

Good to see you back Sam, hope things are well
Appreciate 1
makkan00885.50
      10-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #15