E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > usain bolt.... insane!!!!!

08-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #23
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
The IOC President has publicly commented on Bolt's lack of sportsmanship after last nights win.
Lokk who is talking.... IOC president .....he has better go and fix so many other things before start commenting about Bolt's lack of sportsman ship and I didn't see any thing wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #24
slick101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
i don't think bolt lacks sportsmanship... he was just celebrating the last 10 meters... who wouldn't after traning so hard for 4 years and doing what no man has ever done before... and besides his critiques gave him such a hard time the last year when he set the previuos WR in the 100 ( 9.72).. the critiques siad the time was not legit and had him run again ... when he did it again... after being through all that i would showboat even more if i had that kindf of speed...
      08-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #25
KingKye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Last edited by KingKye; 09-12-2008 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #26
KingKye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Last edited by KingKye; 09-12-2008 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #27
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Red thing

ive heard like 5 people saying that phelps is there cousin.. hate when people make up bs lies like that
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 01:48 AM   #28
slick101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKye View Post
i believe it was 1 mil for all 8..
that's it..... i mean cmon.... the guy is worth much more...he broke 7 world records and did it with ease....the whole world know's the guy... and the same goes with bolt....he pretty much put jamaica on the map as far as athletics goes.... the guy is the fastest man in the planet and getting faster with each race... i'm tellin ya... these athletes are sooo under paid....
      08-22-2008, 01:57 AM   #29
slick101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Sure did, new WR, 19.30
yea and that's with a -0.9m/s head wind against him...he probably would have clocked even less it were not for the head wind... i expected him to do a 19.20... i can't seem to remember if michael johnson had any wind resistacne when he set the WR 12 yeasr ago....
      08-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #30
AustinGelbM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Bolt is gifted and blessed. Luckily he stayed in Jamaica instead of taking up scholarships in US. How things are in Jamaica it is EXTREMELY unlikely that any 100% born/bred/coached athlete is on ANY drugs. These designer drugs are not cheap and there is simply no market in Jamaica for it.

Bolt has re-written the criteria for sprinting (tall was considered bad) If Bolt had taken up a US scholarship at the high school level he would not have ever set these records. He would be forced to run 400m, play basketball center or made into a wide receiver which are more prestigious in the football/basketball crazy USA. Since there are fewer opportunties a sprint athlete has more prestige in Jamaica.

He has done what has never been done in sprints before and likely never to be repeated even by him - Gold and world records in all premier Olympic sprints 100 M/200M and 4 x 100M. Un-doubtably the fastest man on the planet. Ever. Full stop.

As for his 100m celebration - over the top? just a little. I am sure it was not planned but I think he even surprised himself with his own run. His celebrations were toned down for 200m and 4 x 100m. His interviews demonstrate that he does have humility , is happy go lucky (not to be taken seriously) and is just having a whale-of-a-time in Beijing.

Inspite of the IOC criticism of his "showboating", Bolt is exactly what track and field needs to re-energise it.

Ali re-energised boxing
Lance - tour de France
Tiger - golf
Michael - Basketball
Phelps - swimming
Pele - soccer
plus more

People like these just don't come along everday. The controversy/debate and comparisons they create will always rage on and on. Personally I'm just happy to witness them.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #31
slick101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurks View Post
Bolt is gifted and blessed. Luckily he stayed in Jamaica instead of taking up scholarships in US. How things are in Jamaica it is EXTREMELY unlikely that any 100% born/bred/coached athlete is on ANY drugs. These designer drugs are not cheap and there is simply no market in Jamaica for it.

Bolt has re-written the criteria for sprinting (tall was considered bad) If Bolt had taken up a US scholarship at the high school level he would not have ever set these records. He would be forced to run 400m, play basketball center or made into a wide receiver which are more prestigious in the football/basketball crazy USA. Since there are fewer opportunties a sprint athlete has more prestige in Jamaica.

He has done what has never been done in sprints before and likely never to be repeated even by him - Gold and world records in all premier Olympic sprints 100 M/200M and 4 x 100M. Un-doubtably the fastest man on the planet. Ever. Full stop.

As for his 100m celebration - over the top? just a little. I am sure it was not planned but I think he even surprised himself with his own run. His celebrations were toned down for 200m and 4 x 100m. His interviews demonstrate that he does have humility , is happy go lucky (not to be taken seriously) and is just having a whale-of-a-time in Beijing.

Inspite of the IOC criticism of his "showboating", Bolt is exactly what track and field needs to re-energise it.

Ali re-energised boxing
Lance - tour de France
Tiger - golf
Michael - Basketball
Phelps - swimming
Pele - soccer
plus more

People like these just don't come along everday. The controversy/debate and comparisons they create will always rage on and on. Personally I'm just happy to witness them.
well said...usain bolt is exactly what the track and field needs...there should be more people like him... it just sux that people with his level of talent don't come very often... he just needs to find a decent competiton before he wears down.... as far as him repeating those times i think he can do it... i think he has lot more speed left in him...
      08-26-2008, 12:05 AM   #32
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

lightning bolt......but you know what comes after lightning......thunder! and then rain.......people will rain on his parade......
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #33
1985mb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurks View Post

Ali re-energised boxing
Lance - tour de France
Tiger - golf
Michael - Basketball
Phelps - swimming
Pele - soccer
plus more

Well said... plus you can never make everybody happy. Too subdued in your celebrations, and they'll just say he lacks personality
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 12:20 PM   #34
AustinGelbM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

1985mb Looks like another wicket for Curtly

Last edited by AustinGelbM4; 08-28-2008 at 11:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #35
jeveryday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

He is great. I never thought anyone would beat Michael Johnsons record
Appreciate 0