E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > your worst speeding ticket?

04-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #45
1ForAll
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
A few years ago I was in my friends 600hp Golf. We were doing about 120 mph and blew by a state trooper clocking people on the side of the road. We saw him come out in the rear view and my friend gunned it. For about 3 miles we were doing 150+ mph. We pulled off the next exit and drove off the highway and parked it.
We never got a ticket.

As for me............ I have never had a ticket and have had my license for 8 years.

Now with that said I will probably get a ticket today.:thumbup:
      04-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #46
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

Got a failure to yeild to a traffic control device for doing 90 in a 45 and a $410 ticket and a thorough tongue lashing for 125 mph in a 60. Stupid undercover tailgaters...
      04-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #47
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Worst not too proud 184kmh in a 70 kmh. I was driving slow then I hammered it like there was no tomorrow pasted 220 got nailed. I was testing out my new brake pads(I was going about 80 all the way) except for that last km which. I said to myself lets gun it there is no cops I'm heading for the bridge at 1h00 am there is only one exit left. Bad news he was parked there. He goes to me why did you nail the gas all of a sudden I told him: well I'm testing my new brake setup you can look in the trunk my old pads and disk are there. Results 800$ fine no points.
Note:nobody was on the road
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #48
thesmokingone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

typical small town roads, a 65mph highway converts to a 45mph city road with little notice. I got clocked right after the sign doing 80, the guy threatened to send me to jail. But alas here in Louisiana we have this tradition known as "getting it fixed" which I did so I never even had to pay a dime. ahh crooked politics...

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #49
felixdahousecat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

80 in a 50...brought er down to a 100$ ticket and no demerits.
thats the only one! I geuss it don't sound to bad, but I'm thinkin once the 1 gets here thats all gonna change.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #50
mtaylor510
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

59 in 40
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #51
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Was on one of California's known speeding highways. Highway 85 coming home from Cupertino. Going a solid 85 (85 on 85). Which pretty much is the known speed. So I am just driving down the roadway and a Integra Type-R blew past me and nearly clipped my front bumper. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy. Floored it hit around 135. (A solid 30 seconds later ) Lights come up flashing behind me. He pulls over myself and the Integra. "License and regristation please" The driver hands him his license and I am about to hand him mine. He says suddenly "Wait why are you pulled over" I reply "you flagged myself and that crazy driver over there down." Officer- "Oh how fast were you going?" -myself "Only around 70" Officer- "Oh well just be on your way."
Made my night. What a moron.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #52
lovemywhip
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

94 in 55 ... 2 points and 155 dollar fine ...http://www.1addicts.com/forums/image...es/mad0260.gif
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #53
Severious
Private
Rep
Drives:

I personally have only had a 66 in a 45, as my only ticket....

BUT a good friend of mine in high school got 7 moving violations in a single week... 2 speeding tickets, 1 driving an unsafe vehicle (The car was on fire), 2 reckless driving (for driving the on fire car and for driving over 15 mph the posted limit), 1 reckless endangerment (he had a passanger while the car was on fire), 1 obstructing a roadway (The fire was because of leaking oil that ended up on the roadway)...
Black Boston Leather
Walnut Trim

Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Ipod/USB interface, Premium Audio, BMW Security System

Ordered: March 8, 2008
RE-ordered: June 20, 2008
Production complete: July 7, 2008
Delivered: August 5, 2008

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #54
MrBimmer
Rated M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post

Best non ticket was in the same car I hit this hill and wanted to see how fast i could go... 45mph zone I hit about 95.. i see the cop but by then its too late. He pulls next to me and motions me to roll down my window, says slow the fuck down and tells me to be on my way =)
lmao @ the cops statement really hard
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #55
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

you guys are bad :biggrin:

105 in a 55 for me. nailed right in front of a FHP station
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #56
EmeraldRx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Ive had more 86 in 55's than I can count. My best was when I was getting ready to propose to my wife. I drove down to the diamond district in NYC to pick out THE ring. After a long morning I found the ring, and bought it. I had to meet my then girlfriend (now wife) back in westchester in less than 30 min. So I jumped in my 1998 Cherokee Sport, and started to fly up the West Side Hwy/Henry Hud. There was light traffic and I was driving the truck like it was a GT3. I finally looked in my rearview and about 1/4 mile back I see a Highway patrol weaving through the traffic I just weaved through, so I just pulled over and waited. I'm thinking I have a receipt for an engagement ring and a decent story, he gets there and flips on me. The story got rid of reckless driving but I still got the speeder. I noticed he wrote a P instead of a B for my plate, so I decided to fight it, I fight them all. I show up in court with the only defense of this typo. We get in front of the judge, the Hwy Patrol cop starts rattling off what I did, weaving, clocking me, his speedometer was calibrated, he was trained to visually estimate speed the whole thing, Judge says to me whats your defense, I say "Well you see this here P is supposed to be a B." He says is that it? I said with a smile ( I was swearing I was out of it) yes sir, he says this isnt a parking ticket, guilty as charged.

1987 Corvette Convertible-29k mi
1989 Bronco Eddie Bauer
2008 Nissan Armada (wifes)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #57
neteagle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MBM 135i

I was at a light ready to turn left in the middle of the night when another car...an American car pull alongside me in the second lane to turn left...well, guy had a car that was lowered, tinted windows, completely blacked out...so I gun my GTI and start leaving the dude for dead...he tried to hang but was getting waxed...

...then he turned on his blue lights and pulled me over. DOH!!!!

When he showed up at my window he was laughing...so I knew I was in with a chance...we chatted about the car and then he let me go...no warning...nothing.

'11 335i Le Mans Blue, Saddle, Dark Glacier, Manual, M-Sport, Premium, CA, Harman Kardon, Heated Seats, iPod, High Beam assist, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grill, CF competition spoiler
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #58
imported_easyman
Private
Rep
Drives:

nothing exciting. 88 in a 65.

Ive been twice falsely accused of not signaling. I signal 100% of the time. It really pisses me off when cops make things up. And what can I do... cant fight with the jerk.
      08-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #59
imported_easyman
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
I personally have only had a 66 in a 45, as my only ticket....

BUT a good friend of mine in high school got 7 moving violations in a single week... 2 speeding tickets, 1 driving an unsafe vehicle (The car was on fire), 2 reckless driving (for driving the on fire car and for driving over 15 mph the posted limit), 1 reckless endangerment (he had a passanger while the car was on fire), 1 obstructing a roadway (The fire was because of leaking oil that ended up on the roadway)...
LOL at speeding in a car that is on fire
      08-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #60
2AD Tanker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Black Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neteagle View Post
I was at a light ready to turn left in the middle of the night when another car...an American car pull alongside me in the second lane to turn left...well, guy had a car that was lowered, tinted windows, completely blacked out...so I gun my GTI and start leaving the dude for dead...he tried to hang but was getting waxed...

...then he turned on his blue lights and pulled me over. DOH!!!!

When he showed up at my window he was laughing...so I knew I was in with a chance...we chatted about the car and then he let me go...no warning...nothing.
That's an awesome story!!! :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #61
neteagle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MBM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
That's an awesome story!!! :biggrin:
Not so funny at the time... :biggrin:

'11 335i Le Mans Blue, Saddle, Dark Glacier, Manual, M-Sport, Premium, CA, Harman Kardon, Heated Seats, iPod, High Beam assist, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grill, CF competition spoiler
Appreciate 0