E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Great price on PE PI

03-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #45
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Yea, I called pretty much all dealers. Best is $1,130 including tax.

I'm thinking of getting it shipped to usaaddressinc. Suggest?
Well before you buy in USA, factor in all the cost Duties/tax/gas/time.

That isn't a bad price at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #46
Dr. Nate
Nate Dogg
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy328I View Post
They are probably going to call and say they made a mistake on the shipping cost and will up the price $90 more. I am in the middle of a battle with them right now and I'm not giving in this is not my fault, customer always right
Were you able to get any resolution to your situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Nate View Post
Yeah they called me and said that $30 wouldn't cover the shipping (which seemed cheap). Tischer is offering flat rate shipping at just under $60. I also noticed that Tischer has come down on their price so it's $1,044.95 shipped. When I talk to them tomorrow if they can't beat that price I am canceling and going with Tischer. I see you are in SoCal, so $100+ and shipping seems way too much.

Here is a link: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

-Nate
Update:

I received a call from Rick this morning. The total cost of the exhaust and shipping ended up being $1,003.XX for me. Then they called me back asking about sales tax and I explained to them that since I am out of state and this is an internet sale there shouldn't be any sales tax. Regardless it is still the cheaper than Tischer. I am just ready to get the exhaust to my house so I can install it when I get back to Texas.

-Nate
      03-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #47
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-E90

Sorry for the late reply I have been busy at work.. Yes, manny a very professional assistant manager had it approved after I wrote a letter. I was s
Very lucky I live right by another dealership and they shipped there then they dropped it off at home the 3rd day!!! Monrovia BMW definitely gave me the best customer service ever from any establishment I have dealt with... Thank you Monrovia!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 05:00 AM   #48
branmace
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post

BMW Monrovia fixed their website (just placed my order):

$884 + $40 shipping + tax (if applicable)

BMW part number 18-10-2-208-793

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductSea...rformance.aspx
Did you order the 06 330i part or the 07 328i one? They don't have the 06 330i PE, only 07+ 328 i/xi for that price. Is the part number the same?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #49
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by branmace View Post
Did you order the 06 330i part or the 07 328i one? They don't have the 06 330i PE, only 07+ 328 i/xi for that price. Is the part number the same?

I selected the '07 328i just to be able to add it to the cart.

It arrives Monday.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #50
branmace
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
I selected the '07 328i just to be able to add it to the cart.

It arrives Monday.
Congrats! This helps me, too. I hope it is still available. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #51
Dr. Nate
Nate Dogg
United_States
Rep

Received mine today.

-Nate
      03-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #52
Donia330i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 330i BSM

Quote:

BMW Monrovia fixed their website (just placed my order):

$884 + $40 shipping + tax (if applicable)

BMW part number 18-10-2-208-793

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductSea...rformance.aspx
you install it yet?!?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #53
Dr. Nate
Nate Dogg
United_States
Rep

Oh I should say that my experience in dealing with Monrovia BMW was good. It took a little longer then I expected, but the whole process really was not that bad. They did seem a bit confused on why they were getting so many internet orders and admitted they were not use to selling/shipping parts across the United States.

Also this is a special that they are having to meet their accessory quota for the quarter. So that is why you are seeing such a low price compared to other dealers. He said they were making about $50 on every exhaust kit (not sure on what the dealer cost is of the part).

-Nate
      03-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #54
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donia330i View Post
you install it yet?!?

Man, it's funny you ask. Just got the PE installed yesterday. Are you ready for some negativity?

Well, I'm not impressed with it at all. If time were to go back, I would have scrutinized this purchase a lot more. BUT ... I've only had it for a few hours, and I am sure it will get better as it breaks in. So my initial verdict is "not thrilled". It sounds great when you start it up. The driving experience/exhaust note thus far seems similar to the stock 330i exhaust (which was also sweet). Again, I've only had it for a few hours, so this may all be premature, but it's good to get it all out.

I feel the effect you get from the exhaust is MUCH better from outside the car, ie, pedestrians. It's like I want someone else to drive my car, and I'll chase them to hear how nice the exhaust actually is. That's why all those YouTube videos sound so sweet. You get the effect from the outside, and that is the best it sounds. But when I;m driving my car, I'm usually inside.

Inside the car, you barely hear any difference. I still hear the engine revs to a much greater extent than the exhaust note. I have to roll down my rear windows to begin to hear some of the growl. It sound like an animal to anyone standing on a curb, or outside the car, but the effect from inside the cabin is not so great. Maybe a testament to BMW's noise control inside the cabin? I don't know. We will see how it breaks in.

Mark at Northeast Motor Werks did the install, and he seems to like it. He says it sounds a bit like an M3 exhaust when you push it around. I am still skeptical. I hope I don't sound like a brat, I'm just trying to be very objective.

NOW, the big issue is this. Anyone having this exhaust shipped should really really examine the box when it arrives, BEFORE opening the package. My box had minor damage from the shipping (I am assuming mishandled by UPS), which did put a little annoying dent in one of the tips. It's annoying, nothing more, but it could have been much worse. Inspect the box before opening anything.

I personally believe this left BMW Monrovia in perfect shape, but was banged-up along the way somehow by UPS. I am not one to make a big deal about small stuff like this, but it should be noted for you guys expecting your exhausts soon. Inspect the box thoroughly prior to installation, and make sure it is ok.

Here are some pics:

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #55
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Also have to put in a good word for Mark @ Northeast Motor Werks. He has a BMW/Mini indy garage, always does a great job, professional, personalized service and the guy knows his stuff. Can't ask for more than that!

http://www.northeastmotorwerks.com/

770 Newfield Street
Middletown, CT 06457

860-613-1400
info@northeastmotorwerks.com
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #56
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

Quote:
Man, it's funny you ask. Just got the PE installed yesterday. Are you ready for some negativity?

Well, I'm not impressed with it at all. If time were to go back, I would have scrutinized this purchase a lot more. BUT ... I've only had it for a few hours, and I am sure it will get better as it breaks in. So my initial verdict is "not thrilled". It sounds great when you start it up. The driving experience/exhaust note thus far seems similar to the stock 330i exhaust (which was also sweet). Again, I've only had it for a few hours, so this may all be premature, but it's good to get it all out.

I feel the effect you get from the exhaust is MUCH better from outside the car, ie, pedestrians. It's like I want someone else to drive my car, and I'll chase them to hear how nice the exhaust actually is. That's why all those YouTube videos sound so sweet. You get the effect from the outside, and that is the best it sounds. But when I;m driving my car, I'm usually inside.

Inside the car, you barely hear any difference. I still hear the engine revs to a much greater extent than the exhaust note. I have to roll down my rear windows to begin to hear some of the growl. It sound like an animal to anyone standing on a curb, or outside the car, but the effect from inside the cabin is not so great. Maybe a testament to BMW's noise control inside the cabin? I don't know. We will see how it breaks in.

Mark at Northeast Motor Werks did the install, and he seems to like it. He says it sounds a bit like an M3 exhaust when you push it around. I am still skeptical. I hope I don't sound like a brat, I'm just trying to be very objective.

NOW, the big issue is this. Anyone having this exhaust shipped should really really examine the box when it arrives, BEFORE opening the package. My box had minor damage from the shipping (I am assuming mishandled by UPS), which did put a little annoying dent in one of the tips. It's annoying, nothing more, but it could have been much worse. Inspect the box before opening anything.

I personally believe this left BMW Monrovia in perfect shape, but was banged-up along the way somehow by UPS. I am not one to make a big deal about small stuff like this, but it should be noted for you guys expecting your exhausts soon. Inspect the box thoroughly prior to installation, and make sure it is ok.
Not what I wanted to hear with me being hours away from installing mine. The exhaust tips on mine were packaged with 2 layers of bubble wrap around it and a piece of cardboard wrapping it. Were yours? That sucks that you have that little dent. The aesthetics of it is one of the things I'm looking forward to.

Edit: Dude I just got mine installed and one of my tips had the same exact thing! Not as bad as yours (although yours isn't that bad) but it's a tiny bit bent. Then when I went to look at the box I saw that it was also cut up where the tip was hitting. And I picked mine up at the dealership. So, BMW is shipping theirs out this way. It's not enough for me to make a big deal, but it does suck.

Last edited by AddictedToBavarian; 03-30-2012 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #57
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Shicobico,

We have different cars and I have yet to install mine. However, one thing is for certain. Give it time. You should experience a difference in sound over the next couple thousand miles. It might not be very noticeable to you as the change takes so long but it will happen. It's kinda like relatives commenting on how much the kids have grown but the parents don't see it.

I bet by summer you will have grown to love the sound. I sure hope it's the same for me!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #58
Donia330i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 330i BSM

[QUOTE=shicobico;11651117]Man, it's funny you ask. Just got the PE installed yesterday. Are you ready for some negativity?

Here are some pics:"

oh wow, sorry about the damage but can it be fixed?

As far as the sound- yes it does take sometime before you can really hear it. It needs to break in. Give it a few hundred miles. You also will hear it much more over 4k rpms. I also often pop the roof to hear it more. Once its broken in, you will hear it all the time but its not over whelming. I love the fact that the sound is never over whelming and you can kind of control it via the rpms.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #59
psre08
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 & 330Ci E46

Wow that's an incredible price on the PI... now I just have to convince the wife. I got an earful the other day after our accountant noted the number of "car purchases".. lol
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #60
Aperture
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Here are some pics:

My car was at Northeast Motor Werks that same day and I actually got to hear your exhaust when I picked up my car. I really liked the sound, and I actually prefer that you dont hear it inside the car (keeps the wifey from complaining ). If you decide to sell it in the future, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #61
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328xi0wner View Post
Not what I wanted to hear with me being hours away from installing mine. The exhaust tips on mine were packaged with 2 layers of bubble wrap around it and a piece of cardboard wrapping it. Were yours? That sucks that you have that little dent. The aesthetics of it is one of the things I'm looking forward to.

Edit: Dude I just got mine installed and one of my tips had the same exact thing! Not as bad as yours (although yours isn't that bad) but it's a tiny bit bent. Then when I went to look at the box I saw that it was also cut up where the tip was hitting. And I picked mine up at the dealership. So, BMW is shipping theirs out this way. It's not enough for me to make a big deal, but it does suck.

So ... how does it sound?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 06:15 AM   #62
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Ok, just to revise my initial review, which admittedly seems negative:

I still believe the BMW Performance Exhaust is THE best aftermarket exhaust you can put on these e90's. Hands down! The sounds it produces are excellent. Just perfect! Make no mistake about that. You just have to be outside the car, or have the widows cracked open or down all the way. The car sounds incredible.

I still am not sure if I should even be upset about not hearing the exhaust note inside the car, but right now I am a little bummed. I can see the logic behind the design. The subtle notes add a sort of refinement to the drive. The car is capable of sounding like an animal if you roll down the windows, but at the same time, it retains a well-mannered suit and tie demeanor if you have co-workers or in-laws riding with you, so they don't take you for the Friday night racer boy at work. It literally sounds exactly the same as stock from inside the car. Every now and then I need to roll the windows down just to get a little taste of how it sounds. And it sounds saa-weet!

My favorite notes of the exhaust:
  • Cold start
  • Higher revs (3-6k RPM)
  • Launching the car from a stop (with the windows down of course)

So this is how the PE has changed my driving habits so far:
  • Before, in the morning, I would open the door, get in the car, close the door and hit the start button. Now I open the door, get in the car, lean a bit towards the door, hit the start, smile and then close the door.
  • Rev higher, and linger in the gears for longer = more frequent oil changes
  • Find myself using the window controls a lot more (I'm sure I'll need 2 new window regulators soon).

I kind of get-it now, why BMW decided to artificially pump some exhaust sounds through the speakers on the new F10 M5. I kind of wish I had that option right now. It beats nothing.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 06:20 AM   #63
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperture View Post
My car was at Northeast Motor Werks that same day and I actually got to hear your exhaust when I picked up my car. I really liked the sound, and I actually prefer that you dont hear it inside the car (keeps the wifey from complaining ). If you decide to sell it in the future, let me know.

Yeah, I saw your car there. It looks nice

My stock 330i exhaust is for sale if you're interested?

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 06:24 AM   #64
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donia330i View Post

oh wow, sorry about the damage but can it be fixed?

As far as the sound- yes it does take sometime before you can really hear it. It needs to break in. Give it a few hundred miles. You also will hear it much more over 4k rpms. I also often pop the roof to hear it more. Once its broken in, you will hear it all the time but its not over whelming. I love the fact that the sound is never over whelming and you can kind of control it via the rpms.

I think that sounds about right. I'll give it some more time and see. I'm not really concerned about that little bend. For now, I'll just leave it right where it is.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #65
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

Quote:
So ... how does it sound?
Same thoughts as you. From the outside it's awesome, but with the windows up inside you wouldn't know you had an exhaust. Honestly, I'm ok with that. It's a BMW, you shouldn't want a loud intrusive noise.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #66
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Do you guys feel any performance difference?