E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > KW V3 Owners - Resource, Settings and Tips Thread

06-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
KW V3 Owners - Resource, Settings and Tips Thread

Posted this in the wrong section initially...

Fellow V3 owners....there are a few threads out there for e90 V3 settings but they are old and not very robust. Mostly people asking questions who don't have them or comparing to other coilovers etc.

So....let's get a clean thread going with good info for new and existing V3 owners to utilize for bump, rebound, spring, install and adjustment tips etc.

I'm currently at KW's recommended setting. E90 335xi. Camber plates. Stock KW springs. Srcok suspension components.

What's everyone running and what effects have you achieved? What settings have you run prior?

Would love to compile some different setups to test out.

Here's my tip:

Like most....when I went to raise up my rear height using the spanner wrench....the entire perch spun as one and I couldn't get it to adjust. After a trying a couple solutions including jamming a screwdriver between the chassis and the perch base....I grabbed my Craftsmen oil filter channel locks and was able to get it perfectly gripped on the perch base.....a little WD40 white lithium and the spanner spun that collar like butter.

Here's some pics of the rear perch solution....
Attached Images

06-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

Lucky you. H&R's perches are mounted on the bottom above and below the LCA. Adjustment is damn near impossible if you want to raise it. Fortunately I dialed mine in perfectly on install. I just wish the fronts would go a tad lower.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0