E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Most BUS Question

02-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
sngencarelli
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93

Most BUS Question

Hi All,

I've been looking through posts on adding new modules and have read the online instructions for adding the Sirius module.. I think at this point, I'm just looking for some positive reinforcement that I've made the proper connections..

I have an '07 E93 with IDrive but no other MOST bus options. I picked up a compatible receiver from another forum member and mounted it in the trunk. I pulled the left rear passenger panel to expose the MOST loom. My top block had 3 fiber connections and my bottom "active" block had just 1 (for the CCC) in position 1 for the input/output.

So basically the active block was:

1 - CCC

Bottom - CCC

Here is what I did earlier today..

I removed the MOST connection from the Sirius module and positioned it in front of a flashlight. I then went to the top MOST block inside the car and found the corresponding fiber connections.

I then took the active block with the CCC connections in position 1 (in/out) and moved the top connection from position 1 to 2. I then moved the CCC bottom connection from position 1 to 3.

Next I took the top connection for Sirius and moved it to position 1 on the top of the active block. I then put the bottom Sirius connection into the bottom connection 2 of the active block. So essentially it now looks like this:

1 - Sirius
2 - CCC

Bottom

2 - Sirius
3 - CCC

Does this seem correct? I don't have the Sirius added to the VO yet, so I cant test it out, but the CCC is functioning without issue.

Thanks!
Scott
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

hey, search for my post on this subject. Quick answer is that the way you wired up will only make the ccc work since it's connected to itself. The sirius is out of the loop, so you'll need to cross say the top wires.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
sngencarelli
Private
Rep

Ahh, shoot.. I think the actual BMW retrofit instructions confused me.. So I need to start and end with the CCC, with Sirius in the middle?

Such as:

Top -

1 - CCC
2 - Sirius

Bottom -

2 - Sirius
3 - CCC

Thanks for the help!
Scott
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
sngencarelli
Private
Rep

Sorry, just wrapping my head around this one..

Actually, how about this -

Top:

1 - CCC
2 - Sirius

Bottom:

1- Sirius
2 -CCC

This seems to make sense since the Sirius is in the loop.

Thanks,
Scott
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
sngencarelli
Private
Rep

I was looking at another thread and the poster started with the CCC/CIC on the bottom (port 1), then the next accessory (port 2), and then the accessory in port 1 on top and the CCC/CIC in port 2 on top, basically:

Top:

1 - Sirius
2 - CCC

Bottom

1- CCC
2 - Sirius

I reversed my configuration to this and it seems to work as well (my radio still works). If I unplug the cables from the Sirius box in the trunk, I lose audio for about 5 seconds and then it returns, so I assume that I have broken the loop at that point. Not sure why the audio comes back - does it somehow ignore the broken link?

Thanks,
Scott
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

FYI in the DIY

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=sirius

There are some more like this in that section the cdc cassette install might be
of some use to.