E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > My dirty E90

06-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
Castle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 320i

My dirty E90

Yeah, and dirty not in the good sense. It's been raining for the past 2 weeks, and even though I've done my best to keep it clean the rain has my car looking like it is abandoned.
Personally I don't care that much, but I thought I could torture a couple of fellow E90 owners who are very anal about having their car looking sharp.
Attached Images

Last edited by Castle; 06-05-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW's/Flex Polishers

/\ The horror! Argh! Lol.

-Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
TitanLH8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
/\ The horror! Argh! Lol.

-Mike
What wheels are these? They look good on your car
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Thank you. They are Breyton Race GTS 19's in staggard format.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Thank you. They are Breyton Race GTS 19's in staggard format.
They are nice. what do you have on your e91?????

It looks like Black Ice is holding up well. What is your take on it now that you had it on for a few weeks in the hot Vegas sun.

By the way, have you try the Buff and Shine MF cutting pad on the Flex yet????
      06-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
They are nice. what do you have on your e91?????

It looks like Black Ice is holding up well. What is your take on it now that you had it on for a few weeks in the hot Vegas sun.

By the way, have you try the Buff and Shine MF cutting pad on the Flex yet????
Thank you. Right now the factory non sport 17 inch wheel that comes with the car. These factory wheels will be dedicated to winter duty when I PCS to Germany. For the summer I plan on the same wheel and tire combo for it just in 18's and non staggard fitment.

It is holding up really well. I cant really comment much on durability as the car sits in the garage most of the time. I maintain the finish with V07 currently.

I have not tried the new buff and shine pads. They look really interesting. Which compounds are you using with them??

-Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you. Right now the factory non sport 17 inch wheel that comes with the car. These factory wheels will be dedicated to winter duty when I PCS to Germany. For the summer I plan on the same wheel and tire combo for it just in 18's and non staggard fitment.

It is holding up really well. I cant really comment much on durability as the car sits in the garage most of the time. I maintain the finish with V07 currently.

I have not tried the new buff and shine pads. They look really interesting. Which compounds are you using with them??

-Mike
I just got them in. I will test it with D300 and M101 this weekend . This would be the perfect opportunity to see what it can do versus the OPT MF.

A note on the V07. I was doing some consolidation 2 months ago and found a Polycharger Kit that I forgotten about. It was still good so I polycharged the V07. I am seeing better beading and it also seems to be staying on the surface longer. V07 melt to paint even quicker than before so it is really WO/WO. I am seriously thinking about using this as a stand alone spray sealant for the basic wash/wax jobs.

P.S.
PCS to Germany....Are you a Flyboy?????

Last edited by psnt1ol; 06-05-2013 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I just got them in. I will test it with D300 and M101 this weekend . This would be the perfect opportunity to see what it can do versus the OPT MF.

A note on the V07. I was doing some consolidation 2 months ago and found a Polycharger Kit that I forgotten about. It was still good so I polycharged the V07. I am seeing better beading and it also seems to be staying on the surface longer. V07 melt to paint even quicker than before so it is really WO/WO. I am seriously thinking about using this as a stand alone spray sealant for the basic wash/wax jobs.

P.S.
PCS to Germany....Are you a Flyboy?????
Great. Let me know your thoughts on them compared to the OPT MF pads.

Really? Flashing into the paint even quicker? Almost sounds to good to be true. If so then im going to order the kit to charge V07. I do need a gallon of WG Uber wheel cleaner.

Yes going to Germany. Not really a FlyBoy but I am a body man for the vehicles on base.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Great. Let me know your thoughts on them compared to the OPT MF pads.

Really? Flashing into the paint even quicker? Almost sounds to good to be true. If so then im going to order the kit to charge V07. I do need a gallon of WG Uber wheel cleaner.

Yes going to Germany. Not really a FlyBoy but I am a body man for the vehicles on base.
I was hoping you'll say that. PM me and I will send u a 2 oz bottle of V07 (pre-mix with Polycharger) for you to test so that you could confirm what I am seeing.

BTW... I am ex-Army. How long are you going to be in Germany?
      06-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I was hoping you'll say that. PM me and I will send u a 2 oz bottle of V07 (pre-mix with Polycharger) for you to test so that you could confirm what I am seeing.

BTW... I am ex-Army. How long are you going to be in Germany?
Cool. What was your MOS back then?

I will be going for 4 years minimum. I really enjoyed Germany from 05-08. I was stationed in Ramstein. This time will be Spangdahlem. Near Trier and Bitburg area.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Cool. What was your MOS back then?

I will be going for 4 years minimum. I really enjoyed Germany from 05-08. I was stationed in Ramstein. This time will be Spangdahlem. Near Trier and Bitburg area.
11 bravo. When I was in..... we didn't do anything, didn't go anywhere, and didn't have to fight anybody. This was in the eighties when other nations were still afraid of us.
      06-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #12
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
11 bravo. When I was in..... we didn't do anything, didn't go anywhere, and didn't have to fight anybody. This was in the eighties when other nations were still afraid of us.
Sounds like a cake job. Why did you get out?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #13
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like a cake job. Why did you get out?
Believe it or not.... it was boredom. I went in straight from high school. Like most young people at that age, I had no responsibilities and I also thought I was invincible. I was looking for action and adventure but unfortunately what I got was... hurry up and wait. In short... I was young and stupid.

Don't get me wrong. I cherish my experiences in the service. A big part of who I am today was developed from my time there.